X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.5.5 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66094)

photo 02-13-2013 06:16 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimal
My dumb luck. Not even done with a mild customization and settings updates for a new 4.5.4 site and 4.5.5 is out. How hard is the upgrade? The only customizations thus far are the header and the rest is CSS. Nothing special, just minor HTML changes.

I did the 4.5.4 to 4.5.5 update on my test site last night and it went extremely smooth, only had one file I had to patch manually.

carpeperdiem 02-13-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich
Is it both customer and admin? I thought it was just the admin side.

If it's just the admin, then no worries. The moment I have to tell my customers they must change their passwords, I will get very pissy.

cflsystems 02-13-2013 08:59 PM

This password thing was an option in previous versions.... I too don't see the need to hard code it.

lymwuwu 02-13-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimal
My dumb luck. Not even done with a mild customization and settings updates for a new 4.5.4 site and 4.5.5 is out. How hard is the upgrade? The only customizations thus far are the header and the rest is CSS. Nothing special, just minor HTML changes.

Me too, with minor customization. I got a lot of can't patch error with the upgrade pack for x-cart 4.5.4 to x-cart 4.5.5

cflsystems 02-13-2013 09:21 PM

You do know it is not mandatory to upgrade every time new version is out :)

ambal 02-13-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
If it's just the admin, then no worries. The moment I have to tell my customers they must change their passwords, I will get very pissy.

It is for admin side only. This new security feature can be disabled for customers side.

random 02-14-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
This password thing was an option in previous versions.... I too don't see the need to hard code it.

This is a part of security improvements introduced in 4.5.5.
"Weak" passwords are not suitable for admin/provider accounts now.

There is still an option to enable/disable such feature, but it only affects customer accounts.

p.s. Simply increasing a password length from 6 to 7 characters you increase password discovery time by about 100 times.
You can refer to the following page for more info:
http://blog.agilebits.com/2012/03/16/strong-security-requires-strong-passwords/

kevinrm 02-14-2013 02:05 AM

Broken down - biggest mistake I ever made to upgrade this thing, I'll pay $$$ to get this running again.

kevinrm 02-14-2013 04:17 AM

12 hours later...

Took the whole thing back to 4.5.4. Made sure all files were stock. Re-upgraded, no files in question this time. But...locked out as admin again. Manually applied patch.sql line by line. Removed cache files. Removed cookies, removed cache. Sends me a link to restore my login, that sends me to the customer front end. Try to re-do the password, supposedly works but then locked out again.

Paid $139 for the "Hot Rush". There is a guy giving me advice bits and pieces, I feel like I'm in school, it seems they don't want to go in there and directly fix it. I'm back to square one - completely locked out as admin, my store is closed, and probably will lose $1k-$2k in sales because of this.

This experience sucks, there's something wrong here because I've been doing this for 10 years with x-cart and have never got stuck like I have this time.

kevinrm 02-14-2013 04:31 AM

Could anyone here with a working copy of 4.5.5 please take a look at their "xcart_xauth_user_ids" table and see the structure? Mine only shows 5 columns, does yours have more?

Really not please here....

[14-Feb-2013 20:50:45] SQL error:

SQL query : SELECT xcart_xauth_user_ids.auth_id, xcart_xauth_user_ids.id, xcart_xauth_user_ids.identifier, xcart_xauth_user_ids.provider, xcart_xauth_user_ids.service, xcart_customers.usertype, xcart_xauth_user_ids.signature FROM xcart_customers INNER JOIN xcart_xauth_user_ids ON xcart_customers.id=xcart_xauth_user_ids.id AND xcart_customers.usertype IN ('A','P')
Error code : 1054
Description : Unknown column 'xcart_xauth_user_ids.signature' in 'field list'
Request URI: /admin/home.php?keep_https=yes
Backtrace:
/home/ocha/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:309
/home/ocha/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:209
/home/ocha/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:489
/home/ocha/public_html/include/func/func.security.php:77
/home/ocha/public_html/admin/auth.php:105
/home/ocha/public_html/admin/home.php:44