X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.5.5 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66094)

carpeperdiem 02-12-2013 10:57 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich
It noted CloudSearch was updated to version 1.1.0, but cannot see what was actually updated. Looking at the post, it looks like just the version number?

http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=352997&postcount=45

Cloudsearch 1.1.0 should be in your file area. It is in mine.

cflsystems 02-12-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
Yes, you need to upgrade X-Payments to v1.0.6 if you want to use it with X-Cart v4.5.5.

So 4.5.5 will not work with previous XPayments versions? Him...

cherie 02-12-2013 04:50 PM

Thanks for making the upgrade pack available right away!

Ran into some issues upgrading a mildly customized 4.5.4 store:
  1. Patch would not finish until /admin memory_limit was bumped up from 32M (I set to 64M)
  2. The new admin ip restriction is implemented during the patch so you get locked out when it tries to display the results
  3. This causes func.mail.php to throw a non-critical error on line 868
  4. Though config.php was patched it still said "could not patch" and had to be removed from file.lst
  5. Kept getting "AFTER-PATCH WAS NOT APPLIED" but Go Back showed it's now on 4.5.5 and would not let the patch complete until:
    • set version back to 4.5.4 in the xcart_config table
    • rename patch.sql to something else like patch.sql.orig (cannot end in .sql)
    • disable the first condition in patch_post.php

All patched now but thought this info might be helpful to someone.

Is PayPal Pro (US) now using an iframe? I couldn't tell by the announcement and I haven't been able to confirm myself.

Mod: you might want to wrap the changelog post in noparse.

cheap eyeglasses 02-12-2013 11:16 PM

can not change admin passwords of www.cheapprescriptionglasses.net, shows:

Some errors occurred when trying to save profile data:
The password must be at least 7 characters long and must contain both alphabetic and numeric characters. It should not be the same as your username.

seyfin 02-13-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheap eyeglasses
can not change admin passwords of www.cheapprescriptionglasses.net, shows:

The password must be at least 7 characters long and must contain both alphabetic and numeric characters. It should not be the same as your username.

Do you enter your new password which meets the above requirements? It is for security reasons - no simple passwords are allowed.

ambal 02-13-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
So 4.5.5 will not work with previous XPayments versions? Him...

It will work but not for iFrame integration :(
We listened very closely and mindfully to suggestions and feedback from our users and re-done algorithm for X-Payments iFrame integration in order to avoid duplicate and not-finished payments as well as improve checkout experience for customers. This change involved changes both from X-Cart (mostly) and X-Payments sides. As result, improved iFrame integration will work for X-Cart v4.5.5 and X-Payments 1.0.6 used together.

At the same time, you can use previous X-Payments versions with X-Cart 4.5.5, but it will be separate checkout page setup - you need to set Api version: 1.1 and disable "lite" interface in X-Cart Connector module settings in 4.5.5.

ambal 02-13-2013 02:58 AM

> Is PayPal Pro (US) now using an iframe?

US PayPal PRO is an X-Payments method and it can be used via X-Payments iFrame integration that we improved with this release.

carpeperdiem 02-13-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seyfin
Quote:

Do you enter your new password which meets the above requirements? It is for security reasons - no simple passwords are allowed.

Am I reading this correctly: 4.5.5 requires 7 character passwords for customers?
What happens if an upgraded customer uses their old "simple" password?
We MUST disable this "feature".

Here's my gripe on this:
A user account on an x-cart store is not the same as a bank. There is simply NO NEED for "secure passwords" for customers since the data it's protecting is only name, email, address and things they like to purchase. IF you require that my customer must change their password -- you're going to PISS THEM OFF. And therefore piss me, the merchant, off as well.

WHY THE F did you change this without an option to turn it off at the admin?

Yes, I am upset about this. This needs an option to turn it off. Immediately.

You guys are not thinking like merchants.

RichieRich 02-13-2013 06:04 AM

Is it both customer and admin? I thought it was just the admin side.

Danimal 02-13-2013 06:05 AM

My dumb luck. Not even done with a mild customization and settings updates for a new 4.5.4 site and 4.5.5 is out. How hard is the upgrade? The only customizations thus far are the header and the rest is CSS. Nothing special, just minor HTML changes.