X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

totaltec 09-24-2013 04:53 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Very likely they are not compatible out of the box, meaning that the developers have not coordinated their efforts to make the modules compatible.

But I am sure that you can edit the CSS and make them work together. You might just get lucky and they work seamlessly with no modification.

PhilJ 09-24-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Can anyone tell if magneticone make a deal and follow up autoresponder are compatible with reboot or not?

I can't guarantee they will work with reboot, or whether they are even v4.6.x compatible.

You can trial their products before committing to purchase.

xtech 09-24-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Hello,
I have seen in http://www.arscommunity.com/wiki/articles/x-cart-wordpress-integration
================================================== =
Sometimes this script can not parse WordPress pages properly in order to find meta and body information. Such problem may be related to your WordPress blog version or design changes performed to WordPress skin. In this case it will be required to review ⌠blog.php■ file and find suitable preg_match expression
================================================== ==
Where to change "suitable preg_match expression" in order to display blog.php in my site?

Please let me know.

Resending again for some solution.

@Phil can u please help me.I have posted you a ticket but got no reply from long time.can u please help and guide me.

@Mike can u please look into our blog issue> I want your help and co operation also.

PhilJ 09-24-2013 07:12 PM

xtech, download the WP blog addon again, it was updated recently.

The WP addon does work fine , if you follow the instructions carefully.

It is also quite sensitive to the chosen WP theme, so apply the included 'Twenty Twelve' theme.

Other WP themes may produce a blank page or no blog content.

xtech 09-24-2013 07:32 PM

Hello Phill,
Thanks for your help.I have seen the new version and download the addon and trying to install with same instructions like other addons.

But only one problem is that after adding htaccess code the entire blog site has gone.

Remaining all addons working fine and also the wordpress content display addons also working fine.But this addons is not working.

Can u please look into matter and please help me.

I have purchased reboot mainly for this and it was working fine previously in adapt.I don't know why it is not working in reboot !!!!

Learner 09-26-2013 10:12 PM

Hello,
I have sent you a ticket to get latest version of 20th Sept 2013 - v1.21 (X-Cart v4.6.x)

Can u please reply me? I want to get the latest versions to work on 4.6.1 Platinum.

Thanks.

PhilJ 09-27-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

I have sent you a ticket to get latest version of 20th Sept 2013 - v1.21 (X-Cart v4.6.x)
Learner, v1.21 files have been sent to you.

The official v4.6.1 compatible version of reBOOT (v1.3) will be available some time in October, with lots more cool features and improvements.

As usual, updates will be free.

Learner 09-27-2013 10:11 PM

Hello Phill,
I have purchased on July 11.2013 at that time version was v1.2 now I have seen that in changelognew version was released on 20th Sept 2013 - v1.21.

I want use it for 4.6.1 Platinum.Please provide me
v1.21
Where you have sent it?Also please provide me X-Cart Reboot Advanced Testimonials Addon

X-Cart Reboot Mega Menus & Dropdown Flyout Category Menu Combo Addon

Thanks.

gozindagi 09-28-2013 01:48 AM

Hello,
Why in cart page product quantity is not updated?I have changed the quantity but it is not updated...

please provide me a solution.

PhilJ 09-29-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Why in cart page product quantity is not updated?I have changed the quantity but it is not updated...

please provide me a solution.

Please post a ticket and I'll try and help.

gozindagi 09-29-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Please post a ticket and I'll try and help.

Posted please check...

billstevens 10-03-2013 05:41 PM

Gradient applied in center of header.

In the header box that contains the logo, search bar, and cart, there appears to be a slight gradient change applied to the base color. I've been poking around trying eliminate the gradient but can't seem to find the right place in the .css file.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

PhilJ 10-04-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Gradient applied in center of header.

In the header box that contains the logo, search bar, and cart, there appears to be a slight gradient change applied to the base color. I've been poking around trying eliminate the gradient but can't seem to find the right place in the .css file.

In your theme CSS file, eg blue - skin/reboot/css/themes/Blue.css

Code:

.header_bg_container { background: #3498DB url(../../images/fade.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; }

Or if using the custom theme, edit skin/reboot/custom/reboot_head.tpl and look for...

Code:

.header_bg_container { background: {/literal}{$config.Reboot.reboot_style_02}{literal} url(skin/reboot/images/fade.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; }

billstevens 10-04-2013 01:11 PM

Thanks Phil just what I needed to know.

-Bill

gozindagi 10-08-2013 12:04 AM

I have added new version of reboot with addons in 4.6.1 platinum.

I have seen that the extra white space below footer.

Is it any bug? Is it because of "accordion" script which is used in Reboot to display expandable categories on the right side of the page?

please tell me a solution.

PhilJ 10-08-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

I have added new version of reboot with addons in 4.6.1 platinum.

I have seen that the extra white space below footer.

Is it any bug? Is it because of "accordion" script which is used in Reboot to display expandable categories on the right side of the page?

I have replied to your ticket, no need to double post, thanks.

Vacman 10-08-2013 09:34 AM

Phil - With the newly released security patch today, does the template need modifying?

PhilJ 10-08-2013 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Phil - With the newly released security patch today, does the template need modifying?
One .tpl file only...

skin/reboot/payments/ps_paypal_pro_express_checkout.tpl

File is attached. You still need to apply the DIFF patch though.

Vacman 10-09-2013 12:47 PM

Ok - Thanks!

xtech 10-10-2013 02:36 AM

Hello Phil,
Any news about how to enable refine filter with reboot without any problem?

Please let me know...

Thanks.

PhilJ 10-10-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Any news about how to enable refine filter with reboot without any problem?

Refine Filters has been compatible for a while... demo.

However, the latest version released yesterday appears to have gone AJAX, so may not work out of the box. If you have the latest version, get in touch.

I am planning a major update of reBOOT (will now become v2.0) to support the latest modules, with extra features, optimisations etc. ETA is November.

xtech 10-10-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

I am planning a major update of reBOOT (will now become v2.0) to support the latest modules, with extra features, optimisations etc. ETA is November.

Good news...Hope the new versions will not need to install again?

You will provide only patch for version 2.0?

Another things how to work Infinite scroll with reboot?

totaltec 10-10-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Refine Filters has been compatible for a while... demo.

Just wanted you to know, I tested the link above with Chrome, and filter never stopped spinning. In Firefox it eventually worked, took about 10 seconds. I tested different settings, had problems whether I selected a size or a color.

xcartmods 10-11-2013 12:32 AM

Thanks Mike, hoping to fix this in v2 of reBOOT.

PhilJ

gozindagi 10-16-2013 01:09 AM

Hello Phil,
In case of large categories if I use X-Cart_Reboot_Mega_or_Flyout_Category_Menus_Combo_Ad don, if I enable mega menu standard then there are extra spaces in each menu at the RHS have u seen this? Some menus are extra large.

How to resolve this issue? How to make menu uniform and smooth like http://www.boots.com/

PhilJ 10-17-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

In case of large categories if I use X-Cart_Reboot_Mega_or_Flyout_Category_Menus_Combo_Ad don, if I enable mega menu standard then there are extra spaces in each menu at the RHS have u seen this? Some menus are extra large.

Categories are stacked as floating DIVs, so some category re-arrangement via the order pos. fields may be necessary to achieve the desired layout.

reBOOT v2 is going to have a new 3 level mega menu already built in, which will also be fully responsive

gozindagi 10-17-2013 03:58 AM

Hello Phil,
Have u seen www.boots.com and http://www.goodlife.com/ or http://www.flipkart.com/ menu where menu is large,I want that style.Maximum eCommerce site has large category and sub category.

Also If I enable mega menu Full width or Drop down Flyout menu then there is extra white space below footer.

Can u please tell me how to overcome this situations?

buywink 10-21-2013 01:18 AM

I have added this but there is a white space below footer also larger menu is not displaying properly.please look why happened?

PhilJ 10-21-2013 05:06 PM

gozindagi / buywink, I've already told you, it's due to your large (huge) amount of categories / manufacturers.

Kindly have some forum etiquette and use the ticket system instead of bloating the thread, thanks.

PhilJ 10-21-2013 05:30 PM

reBOOT v2 is in development, progressing well and I'm hoping for an early November release (updates are free).

Current v2 admin settings

Subtle changes, but these will become apparent when the v2 demo is available.

Current YSlow results (homepage)

gozindagi 10-23-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

reBOOT v2 is in development, progressing well and I'm hoping for an early November release (updates are free).

Current v2 admin settings

(Subtle changes, but these will become apparent when the v2 demo is available

I am waiting for the new release. Great news..Thank u Phill..

support@resaleworld.com 10-25-2013 06:36 AM

Phil,

Will reBOOT v2 be utilizing the Bootstrap 3 grid system?

Also, do you have a good feel for what the upgrade process from reBOOT 1.21 to 2.0 will be?

PhilJ 10-25-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Will reBOOT v2 be utilizing the Bootstrap 3 grid system?

Yes, Bootstrap 3.0.1 and FontAwesome 4.0.1

Quote:

Also, do you have a good feel for what the upgrade process from reBOOT 1.21 to 2.0 will be?

As v2 is a major update, upgrading will be a case of re-patching the database and reuploading the template files.

costanza 10-26-2013 09:58 PM

I am using X-cart mobile for smart phone users with reBOOT as my main template.

Is there an easy way to disable reBOOT from being responsive (In other words, when someone clicks on a link to view the desktop version of the site while on a phone, it looks like the desktop version of reBOOT, instead of just the one column)?

Thanks!

PhilJ 10-29-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Is there an easy way to disable reBOOT from being responsive (In other words, when someone clicks on a link to view the desktop version of the site while on a phone, it looks like the desktop version of reBOOT, instead of just the one column)?

Yes, you'll need to re-customise the Bootstrap CSS file, omitting the 'Responsive' components section...

http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/customize.html

So you are replacing skin/reboot/css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css

You can try the CSS files here. Make a backup beforehand.

costanza 10-31-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Yes, you'll need to re-customise the Bootstrap CSS file, omitting the 'Responsive' components section...

http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/customize.html

So you are replacing skin/reboot/css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css

You can try the CSS files here. Make a backup beforehand.

Thanks very much Phil,

The new CSS files stopped the template from being responsive, but seemed to make the header glitchy and the speedbar menu disappeared.

I will wait for reBOOT version 2 and try again with that template. I see in the V2 template settings there may be a way to disable responsiveness there?

PhilJ 10-31-2013 10:52 AM

ok, I was possibly overthinking :)

Instead you can set a minimum width of the container.

Edit skin/reboot/custom/reboot_head.tpl

Before...
Code:

</style>
{/literal}

Insert...
Code:

.container { min-width: 1400px; max-width: 1400px; }
But you may also have to remove the media queries at the bottom of skin/reboot/css/reboot.css (they control the responsiveness).

costanza 11-02-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Instead you can set a minimum width of the container.

Edit skin/reboot/custom/reboot_head.tpl

I sincerely thank you for all your help Phil. This method also has formatting issues. I will wait for the next version before spending more time on this.

Using fast lane checkout, the language variable: lbl_returning_customer repeats the text twice after clicking the link in: /skin/reboot/modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout/checkout_0_enter.tpl

How do I take out the second text without harming anything?

EDIT: I deleted this: title=$lng.lbl_returning_customer

It displays as I want now. Is my fix okay, or should I do it another way?

PS. really like the template!

PhilJ 11-04-2013 09:09 AM

I keep getting asked about v2, so I am opening up the v2 demo for a short while.

There are still some modules to be tested and some more coding to be done. So it's still some way from final yet.

Please don't register or put any test orders through, thanks.

http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/461

costanza 11-04-2013 05:40 PM

The template is looking great.

For V2, it would be better if you can make the "add to cart popup" smaller for mobile phones. Right now it is not functional for a phone, so I've had to turn this mod off.