X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Customize Email/Invoice Notifications (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69466)

BRDgirl 06-30-2014 06:24 AM

Customize Email/Invoice Notifications

Is there an easy way to set-up when customers placing an order get e-mail notifications? Currently, when a customer places an order, any time the status changes, they are receiving two e-mails - for example, if I change the status of an order to "processing", the customer receives an e-mail that states "your order has changed" AND an e-mail stating "your order is processing".....it does the same thing when the status is changed to shipped. My customers don't want or need two e-mails each time their status changes - one is sufficient. How can I get rid of the "Your order has changed" message?

I know on the contact page, there are check boxes for "E-mail order details to the sales department about not finished orders" and "E-mail order details to customers about not finished orders" - I do not have either of these check boxes marked.

I also know I can go into Translations/Edit Labels and change bad/missing punctuation and phrasing, which I have done.

I am sure getting rid of the "your order has changed" message can be done with custom skin, but I am not sure how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

tony_sologubov 07-01-2014 05:38 AM

Re: Customize Email/Invoice Notifications

Hi Belinda!
It sounds as there is an extra order status change and that is the reason why your customer receives an extra email.

Do I understand you correctly that it happens when they submit order via Paypal?

Tony.

BRDgirl 07-01-2014 10:45 AM

Hi Tony,

I use PayPal Payments Advanced, if that makes a difference - and as far as I know, it is happening with every single order and every status change. Every time the status changes customers get two e-mail messages - one stating "the order has changed" and one stating the new status of the order.

Any help would be great - thanks again Tony!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_sologubov
Hi Belinda!
It sounds as there is an extra order status change and that is the reason why your customer receives an extra email.

Do I understand you correctly that it happens when they submit order via Paypal?

Tony.

tony_sologubov 07-03-2014 06:39 AM

Hi Belinda!

X-Cart 5.1.4 will include number of fixes about Paypal. If the problem remains after upgrade, please let me know and I will look into it.

Tony.

BRDgirl 07-23-2014 10:31 PM

Hi Tony,

I did the latest update today (5.1.4) - and it did not fix the e-mails issue - in fact, the first customer that placed an order got seven (yes, seven) emails. I would prefer to just turn off the automatic e-mails altogether - is that an option?? The subject of the messages always has an exclamation point after the order number, which is unprofessional and not necessary. I changed a lot of the punctuation to be correct (in the edit labels tab of the translations page), but the first sentence of the "Your order has changed" e-mail has no punctuation and I can not find it in the "edit labels" tab to fix - it looks terribly unprofessional - it could at least say "Your order status has changed." - but the whole message is completely unnecessary.

Bottom line, when a customer places an order, any time the status changes, they are receiving two e-mails - for example, if I change the status of an order to "processing", the customer receives an e-mail that states "your order has changed" AND an e-mail stating "your order is processing".....it does the same thing when the status is changed to shipped. My customers don't want or need two e-mails each time their status changes - one is sufficient.

Any advice?? Am I able to turn off the automatic e-mails completely?? Your assistance is truly appreciated.

Belinda

Quote:

Hi Belinda!

X-Cart 5.1.4 will include number of fixes about Paypal. If the problem remains after upgrade, please let me know and I will look into it.

Tony.

tony_sologubov 07-24-2014 02:55 AM

Hi Belinda!

Sent you an email.

Tony.

tony_sologubov 07-31-2014 03:24 AM

Just checked the problem and it turned out that there is a problem Paypal Express Checkout transactions. This bug will be fixed in 5.1.5.

nandos07 08-17-2014 02:23 PM

Hi,

I face the exact same problem as well which is very confusing and unprofessional for my customers.

is there a way to just turn it off?

tony_sologubov 08-18-2014 05:47 AM

Are you using Paypal Express Checkout? If so, this is a bug and it will be fixed in 5.1.6. I am sorry for that.

Tony.

nandos07 08-18-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Are you using Paypal Express Checkout? If so, this is a bug and it will be fixed in 5.1.6. I am sorry for that.

Tony.

No, i don't use any payment processor because my store is only to place orders for my customers and there is no electronic payment involved.