X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   X-Payments issues & questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   X-Payments v1.0.6 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66093)

ambal 02-12-2013 07:23 AM

X-Payments v1.0.6 released

Hi Everyone,

Detailed post about this release is available at
http://www.x-cart.com/blog/x-cart-455-and-xpayments-106-released.html

I want to thank Carpeperdiem for his valuable input that helped us to improve X-Payments with this release.

Major X-Payments improvements this time are:
1) improved iFrame integration algorithm and design changes - duplicate and not-finished orders should cease almost completely.
2) 4 last digits are displayed in X-Cart admin back-end if an order has been processed via X-Payments.
3) credit card type is selected automatically basing credit card # entered - this helps to reduce payment attempts by customers who forget to specify their card type at checkout.
4) X-Payments iFrame integration works with X-Cart Fast Lane Checkout now, too.

And some bug-fixes.

carpeperdiem 02-12-2013 07:28 AM

Re: X-Payments v1.0.6 released

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
And some bug-fixes.

LOL!

That is great news. I am looking forward to not sleeping this week. Thanks Alex and x-p team! :-)

ambal 02-12-2013 07:31 AM

Yes, you need to upgrade X-Payments to v1.0.6 if you want to use X-Cart v4.5.5.
We will do automatic upgrade for all users of X-Payments Hosted service.

carpeperdiem 02-12-2013 07:41 AM

Alex,

Having never done an X-Payments "upgrade" - is there any benefit from just starting over and doing a brand new install in a new parallel directory? For example, if xp 1.0.5 is currently in xpayments-server/secure/ the 1.0.6 install would be in xpayments-server/secure2/ ???

Is there a licensing issue that will prevent me from doing this?

I understand that I will lose all history and logs - but I want this install to be virgin.

Does this make sense?

Alternatively, do you bundle an upgrade script that doesn't abort if one file is different? The X-Cart version updater is intelligent in this way -- but we learned the X-Cart "module" upgrader is not as friendly or intuitive (that's the nice way to describe it).

I will follow your guidance. Thanks!

J

carpeperdiem 02-12-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

2) 4 last digits are displayed in X-Cart admin back-end if an order has been processed via X-Payments.

And will the last-4 be available to invoice templates as a $variable ? I hope so. Makes for happy customers.

ambal 02-13-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
And will the last-4 be available to invoice templates as a $variable ? I hope so. Makes for happy customers.

:oops: We didn't implement this, but since data is passed to X-Cart you can just customize your email template at X-Cart side to include the 4 digits into order notifications.

ambal 02-13-2013 02:39 AM

> Having never done an X-Payments "upgrade" - is there any benefit from just
> starting over and doing a brand new install in a new parallel directory? For
> example, if xp 1.0.5 is currently in xpayments-server/secure/ the 1.0.6 install
> would be in xpayments-server/secure2/ ???
>
> Is there a licensing issue that will prevent me from doing this?

There won't be any licensing issue if you are not using a test copy for real production and more than 30 days.

X-Payments upgrade is much easier than X-Cart's one. See http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:Upgrading
It is re-writing of files mostly + a couple of small changes.
You should be able to upgrade X-Payments yourself, but if you want to use a new clean install - why not. Just remove the redundant copy when you are done.

> Alternatively, do you bundle an upgrade script that doesn't abort if one file is
> different? The X-Cart version updater is intelligent in this way -- but we learned
> the X-Cart "module" upgrader is not as friendly or intuitive (that's the nice way
> to describe it).

As I said above X-Payments upgrade differs a lot from X-Cart one. Mostly due to the fact that X-Payments is not a customizable software due to PA-DSS certified status.

carpeperdiem 02-13-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

:oops: We didn't implement this, but since data is passed to X-Cart you can just customize your email template at X-Cart side to include the 4 digits into order notifications.

Alex, confused by your answer.
In XP 1.0.5 and xcart 4.5.4, it does send the 4-digits back to the admin, but in an encrypted string that is only visible in the payment gateway log. like this:

==============================
+ Payment gateway log

--- Advanced info ---

txn_id: XXX
AVS:Address (Street) and 5 digit ZIP match
CVV:CVV2 Match
--- Advanced info ---
Reason: Approved: Payment is charged
(last 4 card numbers: 1234);
(card type: VISA);
==============================

What I was hoping for is that the contents of the last-4 card number and card type were returned to xpc/xcart as unencrypted strings (variables) that a template can then use --
we could then place this in the customer invoice, etc...
Payment method: VISA 1234
Are we talking about the same thing here? I hope so.

ambal 02-15-2013 03:40 AM

Jeremy,

> In XP 1.0.5 and xcart 4.5.4, it does send the 4-digits back to the admin, but in
> an encrypted string that is only visible in the payment gateway log. like this:

We researched this issue and I fear a small customization is needed to have the last 4 digits displayed in an email template. This fell out of my sight for some reason otherwise I would have it implemented in our latest release.

Developers suggest using something like this in your email template:
Code:

{$order.details|text_decrypt|preg_macth:"/last 4 card numbers: ([0-9]{4})/"}

cflsystems 02-15-2013 10:50 AM

it should be "preg_match"