X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO Lite v1.0.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25106)

geckoday 09-26-2006 08:00 AM

Re: XC SEO Lite v1.0.0 Released

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
I apologize, the keyword bit is what I consider a part of the static url, so for me that was "understood" ;-)

I guess I was trying to point out that I think home.php vs. index.html for the home page is a big who cares for SEO. AFAIK there would be no ranking difference in the search engines as neither adds any relevant keywords to index. To me DirectoryIndex has more to do with changing your underlying home page from home.php to index.html, index.cfm, index.asp or whatever your technology du jour is without breaking home page links and bookmarks.

JeremyL 09-26-2006 09:10 AM

You guys are looking at this in the wrong way. Instead of worrying about if it is home.php or home.html, you should redirect everything to www.domain.com. www.domain.com is one page and www.domain.com/home.php is another to the search engines. So again, this is another duplicate content issue.

I'll work on adding this into the code as an optional feature when I get home tonight.

teddychan 09-26-2006 12:40 PM

hi,
i have purchase the paid version of SEO.
but i found that this one is better, as we can modify the source code for our need!

great job!

however, may i know why we need to disable:
SEO in the https connection?

if(AREA_TYPE=='C' && $HTTPS != "on" && $seo_enable) in the auth.php

is there any reason?

intel352 09-26-2006 01:18 PM

because rewriting urls when in HTTPS mode can break the website depending on your website configuration. Additionally, bots should have no need to access the HTTPS section of your site (someone even told me that bots aren't supposed to index HTTPS...)

so it's for stability/usability purposes mainly.

intel352 09-26-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyL
You guys are looking at this in the wrong way. Instead of worrying about if it is home.php or home.html, you should redirect everything to www.domain.com. www.domain.com is one page and www.domain.com/home.php is another to the search engines. So again, this is another duplicate content issue.

I'll work on adding this into the code as an optional feature when I get home tonight.

good point

PhilJ 09-26-2006 01:30 PM

Possible bug... In v4.0.18 the rating system seems to stop working.

intel352 09-27-2006 04:26 AM

Thanks for the report Phil, I'll check into it

intel352 09-27-2006 05:37 AM

Okay, this has been fixed, and will be in the next release. If everyone could please test all *forms* that are available in x-cart, to find anything else that is broken, that would be great.

intel352 09-27-2006 08:18 AM

XC SEO v1.1.0 has been released, new thread has been opened.

XC SEO v1.1.0

XC SEO Lite v1.0.6 will stay attached to this thread for historical purposes.

Quote:

CHANGELOG

XC SEO 1.1.0 (rev 31 - September 27, 2006)
====================================

* Turned XC SEO into a proper X-Cart module, Admin options now exist, and all XC SEO files are located in modules/XC_SEO/
* Added SQL files to be used for installing XC SEO (an installer is in development)
* Renamed XC SEO Lite to XC SEO, due to the structural change into a module
* Fixed bug with Rating submission on product page
* Replaced multiple regex-related functions with a single parse_str function, for better performance
* Updated install documentation, now only 2 file edits are needed for XC SEO to function
* Added Upgrade documentation for users of XC SEO Lite 1.0.x