X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16820)

conradp24 05-20-2009 12:29 PM

Re: Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu

Take that as a couldn't be bothered then....

DanUK 05-27-2009 04:25 AM

Hi,

We have Phil's 4 Level Vertical Flyout menu which works fine for us on most browsers but on Safari, although it initially displays, if you move your mouse over one of the submenus, the submenu disappears when the pointer is halfway down which is quite irritating. Is this meant to be fully compatible with Safari?

Also, it takes a while for the Menu flyout capability to load. We have about 30 odd categories but it's still a few seconds for the menu to get to the point where the flyout works. Anyone else have this?

Dan

conradp24 05-27-2009 01:30 PM

Hi Dan,

This is exactly the same problem I've got with this mod, did you buy it seperately or as part of a custom template? Mine was included with SEO skin 4.18 by PhilJ. If you read back in this posting you will find previous postings I've made on this.
PhilJ said it's because I've got broken image links, which I can't find any evidence of and his skin when loaded has exactly the same problem so my modification isn't the primary issue. I tried to be decent about it because I don't like kicking up a stink and really needed help on this but he didn't reply after that. I haven't come across the issue with slow menu flyout because my system isn't live yet so don't have that many products but it's making me sweat already.

It's frustrating to purchase something in good faith and then find it's not working properly and even worse there's no support on it. Let me know if you find the answer please or if I can help you in any way then please PM me.

Conrad

PhilJ 05-27-2009 04:18 PM

Dan, Conrad... These menus are going to be fixed for Safari and you can get free updates, just keep checking the website over the next day or two.

DanUK 05-27-2009 11:45 PM

Thanks Phil, if I recall doesn't your system email the file once it's purchased? Just wondering how I actually get the update as I don't remember a download area.

Thanks again

Dan

conradp24 05-28-2009 12:20 PM

Okay.

GEMaffair.com 05-29-2009 12:30 PM

Can someone tell me where to see some examples of this fly out menu?

conradp24 05-30-2009 01:56 AM

Hi Mike, have a look at xcartmods.co.uk and you will find it listed. The menu has some issues at the moment so you may want to wait until Phil has had time to work on it, Dan and I will be using the update when it's resolved and post here if it's working properly.

Regards,

Conrad

GEMaffair.com 05-30-2009 06:54 AM

Cool, thanks!

DanUK 06-24-2009 02:50 AM

Hi Phil, is there an update on this? I know you said check the website but how do I actually get hold of the updated version of it?

Thanks

Dan