X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74253)

Anna_Shvetsova 07-29-2016 10:10 AM

Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

Hi friends,

Meet 2 new versions at once: 5.2.16 bug fix release and 5.3.1 stable. Both are in developer wave now. Also, those who are thinking to migrate from X-Cart 4 to X-Cart 5 will be glad to learn that our recently developed Migration Wizard makes this switch a snap.

Moreover, we are glad to introduce a new Developer portal, where our partners and developers will find all the necessary information about X-Cart, as well as instructions on the adaptation of their features and custom code to 5.3.

Learn more about all the latest news in our blog at http://blog.x-cart.com/x-cart-double-release-5-2-16-and-5-3-1-stable.html

Triple A Racing 07-29-2016 07:39 PM

Re: Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

Great to see this news. Here's hoping that XC 5.3.1 is well on the way to being the real 'solution'

5.2.16 looks to be working fine for us (so far) in our Dev Store, as by pure chance, the bugs & issues listed in the changelog do not effect our setup / the way we work anyway, which is a first! :D/ We do have other existing small Core CSS bugs (related to Firefox Desktop and iPhone displays...) which were neatly cured with some good workarounds, produced from two recent XC tickets. These small bugs are not listed in the changelog, but it's worth adding official cures for these if possible and before the next wave release, as they will affect other users too.

Once 5.2.16 is officially released to merchants in the next wave, we will be running this live with no further changes (hopefully 8O ) and will maintain a Status Quo until we have tried and very hard tested 5.3.1.* in every way possible via a new dev store.

It's highly likely that a lot of other people are going to stay with 5.2.16 for a while yet because 5.3.1 will be brand new and will require some time to absorb / adjust / dev store trial etc before they switch over / upgrade their live store. Or maybe not.... :mrgreen:

cflsystems 07-29-2016 07:49 PM

Re: Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

Congrats on these releases.

Quote:

2016-07-20 - [Change] Added the ability to include a changelog with module distribution packs. The changelog will be shown to the store administrator when updating/upgrading. #XCN-6743 (Vladimir Semyonov)
I have not look at this but can you explain the procedure of adding the change log and how it will show? Any specific location and/or file name?
Also - admin will see this only when module is being installed/updated? Admin cannot see it anywhere in admin at any time after that? It will be very helpful if this change log is available at all times to admin.

ITVV 07-29-2016 10:34 PM

Hi,

Exciting news :-)

Just a heads up - the following link gives "Sorry, this page was not found" 8O 8O

http://kb.x-cart.com/en/user_manual/installation_guide.html#InstallationGuide-Serverrequirements

Kind regards

ITVV

xim 07-30-2016 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Congrats on these releases.

I have not look at this but can you explain the procedure of adding the change log and how it will show? Any specific location and/or file name?
Also - admin will see this only when module is being installed/updated? Admin cannot see it anywhere in admin at any time after that? It will be very helpful if this change log is available at all times to admin.

Steve, the article for developers how to include changelogs into the module archives will be published next week. Thank you for pointing this.

tony_sologubov 07-30-2016 11:06 AM

Hi @ITVV,

Sorry about this problem. We have migrated knowledge base to a new platform and some redirects do not go throw yet. The team is looking into the problem.

Meanwhile, the installation guide can be found here: http://kb.x-cart.com/en/general_setup/installation_guide.html#server-requirements

Tony

cflsystems 07-31-2016 06:30 AM

I was going through the new dev.x-cart.com and this guide is definitely not for the new XC 5.3.x.
It talks about Flexy, LC_Dependencies, the tempaltes files structure is for 5.2. not for 5.3....

So how is this going to be solved? We do need to have 5.2.x guide but with all the major changes in 5.3.x we need one for 5.3.x as well.

Also - will the SDK be updated? The latest I got some time ago didn't comply even with later 5.2.x versions due to changes to core. Most recent version of it is over a year old. And it will definitely not work with 5.3.x. So do we get a new one for 5.3.x?

kevinrm 07-31-2016 06:36 PM

Tried to install 5.3.1. First, failure at

"Non-critical dependencies
Disabled functions ... exec, open…"

If you try to click on provided "failed" link to see what they are, it won't open. So I continued on anyway and it died at step 7:

Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_LoadFixtures" plugin...
...Load sql/xlite_data.yaml

If at any stage you try to click on installation guide, troubleshooting, knowledge base" etc, etc, it just takes you to "Sorry, this page was not found"

So I guess I'll put this on hold for awhile until they can get the documentation up.

Edit: Got rid of non-critical dependencies problem but still dies step 7: Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_LoadFixtures" plugin...

ITVV 07-31-2016 08:40 PM

@kevinrm

Regarding "Sorry, this page was not found" I reported this issue in post #4 and Tony kindly provided the answer in post #6.

I also had the same issue as you with a failure at step 7.

Kind regards

ITVV

xim 08-01-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

I was going through the new dev.x-cart.com and this guide is definitely not for the new XC 5.3.x.
It talks about Flexy, LC_Dependencies, the tempaltes files structure is for 5.2. not for 5.3....

So how is this going to be solved? We do need to have 5.2.x guide but with all the major changes in 5.3.x we need one for 5.3.x as well.

Also - will the SDK be updated? The latest I got some time ago didn't comply even with later 5.2.x versions due to changes to core. Most recent version of it is over a year old. And it will definitely not work with 5.3.x. So do we get a new one for 5.3.x?

The devs.x-cart.com is the separate portal for the developers. There is no information for merchants. Yes, it includes all the previous articles from the KB in the developer guide part: flexy, LC_Dependencies. We still have a lot of 5.2.x installation and will save this information for them.

At the moment there are only two articles for 53x:
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/what_is_new/
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/migration_guides/updating_modules_from_5.2_to_5.3_branch.html
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/basics/new_form/form-sections.html
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/basics/new_form/from-fields.html
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/basics/new_form/horizontal-form-field-extending.html
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/basics/new_form/model_editing.html
- http://devs.x-cart.com/en/basics/bulk-editing.html
- http://xcart.github.io/flexy-to-twig/

We are working on the other parts of the documentation for 53x. We have a lot of post in draft, and these articles will be available very soon.

Also, we will mark every post with the appropriate tag of the version (5.2.x, 5.3.x, etc.)

About SDK: Our developers will provide the additional info here tomorrow.

Ruslan 08-01-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
Edit: Got rid of non-critical dependencies problem but still dies step 7: Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_LoadFixtures" plugin...

Hi Kevin,

Can you please attach log files from the var/log folder?

kevinrm 08-01-2016 09:37 PM

Anyone get past step 7 of the installation? I'm stuck there...

qualiteam 08-01-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
Anyone get past step 7 of the installation? I'm stuck there...

It works OK for me.

Please create a new ticket at https://secure.x-cart.com/ (mention that it is for Ruslan Iskhakov in the ticket subject) and upload your log files (located in the var/log/ directory). The XC5 team will check why this may happen on your server.

PhilJ 08-01-2016 10:56 PM

Sorry, this is the same old situation. You release it and let the public test...

Don't release it until you've got it right in-house, please.

kevinrm 08-01-2016 11:47 PM

Ticket opened, files sent, thank you.

kevinrm 08-02-2016 01:25 AM

In case anyone else comes across this, here was the issue:

csxwatch process(ConfigServer eXploit Scanner (cxs)) removed the var/run/class/Core/Converter.php file because of false-positive virus alarm

xim 08-02-2016 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Sorry, this is the same old situation. You release it and let the public test...

Don't release it until you've got it right in-house, please.

We have done a lot of testing with the different server environment. However, we physically cannot test all possible variants.

If the installation is success nobody will post about it here ). This thread for the feedback and we appreciate that our customers and partners help to make our software better.

Ruslan is already looking for the reason of the error on the 7 step.

PhilJ 08-02-2016 12:24 PM

See you in September.

skiv 08-03-2016 03:05 AM

Quote:

What part of SDK are you using?
What functionality do you want to see in new SDK?

cflsystems 08-03-2016 07:56 AM

I would like to use all of it although I was able to only in the beginning over a year ago. After that due to changes in core the SDK was not really producing proper code so I stopped.

I think what you have is good. It was working ok.
To be able to create skeleton module with the main files including model. So to specify fields for the table(s). Also to be able to modify existing once would be nice.
Judging by the questions I take it you don't really have SDK for 5.3.x ready

mgwashburn 08-09-2016 04:23 PM

OK, you can call me an idiot...

I saw the release of 5.2.16 along with 20+ module updates and decided to give it a whirl on one of our slower x-cart 5.2.15 sites. Zipped up a backup of the folder and backed up the database and tried an 'upgrade all'.

well, that didn't work as it errored out, so I did the update by doing 2-4 modules at a time until they all worked.

There was a module or two that simply would not update which I wasn't using anyways so I removed them (I think one was Skrill payment method?).

In any case it finally finished and everything looked great.

Here is where I got stupid! It seemed smooth enough to I repeated this on our main money site....ugh!

it again seemed to work, but ...

next morning I tried to change a shipping method and it wouldn't let me save the changes...it looked like it worked, but it didn't.

then I realized that the Coupon Code module would not work either, any attempt to change or add a coupon would come back with:

ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2)
Call to undefined function XLite\View\FormField\Input\Base\mb_substr()

even worse, I opened a trouble ticket with x-cart support and tried to create an admin account so they could access and fix...and guess what. I cannot add/change or remove any users right now...it errors out as well with:

http://www.naturalbathbody.com/images/xcart-error.png

we are still in that phase of debate with tier I support to see if this is our fault and we need to pay for support or if this is a general problem with one of the updated modules.

but since we are experiencing this on two separate vanilla x-cart websites located on two separate vanilla Amazon AWS EC2 Linux servers...what else could it be?

There is not custom modifications to either of these sites and the only thing that has me a bit worried is that we are running PHP 5.3.x which is the default on Amazon Linux Servers...not sure that matters, but I tried to upgrade a few weeks ago and had to revert as it bombed out on me when trying to go to PHP 5.6.x

Anyone else experience this problem upgrading from 5.2.15 to the new version?

Triple A Racing 08-09-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgwashburn
Anyone else experience this problem upgrading from 5.2.15 to the new version?

With XC5.2.* We now always test every single upgrade within our Dev Store first before going live, as for us anyway, there has ALWAYS been some new challenges somewhere, as part of the 5.2.* upgrade process...

This time, apart from some CSS re-work after the Simple CMS Module was upgraded (which always seems to affect our very simple setup 8O for some reason) and one XC Module that had a glitch when running on XC5.2.16 (which to be fair, was solved and the module upgraded very quickly by XC) we have had no issues going from 5.2.15 to 5.2.16. No errors, no loops, no inoperative functions nothing at all. It is all good at present which is about time! 5.2.16 (finally) works at a good acceptable level for us.

We'll be looking at XC5.3.* from a distance, but not the current 5.3.1.1 stable release because there will definitely be some early bugs in that. It's the law of new software :mrgreen: It's too early for lots of time consuming beta-testing. We did all that on XC5.2.* We'll definitely be testing 5.3.* to death, but we are hoping for great things from XC5.3.* onwards :D/

cflsystems 08-09-2016 08:14 PM

Do you have the php mbstring extension installed? You can check with phpinfo

mgwashburn 08-09-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

OMG!!!

Once again Steve at CFL Systems comes through....yes I was able to fix both x-cart 5.2.16 installations by simply:

yum install php-mbstring

I did a php - i | more and I did see one mention of mbstring, but I could not determine whether or not it was actually installed or not.

So being a somewhat casual Linux user I decided to go ahead and issue the yum command to install it as if it was already installed it would tell me and if not then it would simply add it.

I am SOOOOOO grateful, thank you so much, I will post this solution back to my trouble ticket so tier 1 support at x-cart can add this to their database.

So, the take away is that the standard Amazon AWS EC2 linux distribution does not install this module.

just a heads up to anyone else out there using Amazon's servers.

kevinrm 08-09-2016 11:14 PM

Very glad I did not run this upgrade on my live store!

I created a development copy under /dev, copied the database, everything seems to be working okay. When I try to upgrade core only from 5.2.15 to 5.2.16, I get stuck at step 5:

Deploying store [step 5 of 13], please wait...

Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateSchema" plugin...
Error
ERROR: "0" (code N/A)

An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE `xc_profiles` ADD CONSTRAINT FK_564F69D78D9F6D38 FOREIGN KEY (order_id) REFERENCES xc_orders (order_id) ON DELETE CASCADE': SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`ocha_xcDev`.`#sql-42dd_2fc3`, CONSTRAINT `FK_564F69D78D9F6D38` FOREIGN KEY (`order_id`) REFERENCES `xc_orders` (`order_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE)

Deleting /var/run and .rebuildMark, .rebuildStarted is all to no avail.

Any ideas?

seyfin 08-10-2016 01:53 AM

Dear Kevin,

The error in question might be caused by some integrity issues with your existing X-Cart database.

Could you please create a development copy once again, from scratch, and submit a new support ticket in your personal Helpdesk area, our support engineers will investigate the case.

Thank you.

cherie 08-10-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Call to undefined function XLite\View\FormField\Input\Base\mb_substr()

Quote:

Sounds like X-Cart is not checking for something it requires.

kevinrm 08-11-2016 12:25 AM

There were indeed some database issues, Qualteam helped me fix those - thank you.

Development copy was upgraded, the only issue I see now is the top menu for the Simple CMS is fully expanded without any mouse over, I've got a big green box up there with links in it. Hmmm…

NOTE: Re-cached the store, that resolved itself.

xim 08-11-2016 02:31 AM

Here is the list of the ideas which have been closed with the latest releases. Thank for our customers to share it with us (especially @RichieRich) and developers for releasing 3d party extensions (Carry and Steve)

7502173-unavailable-for-purchase

7871154-newsletter-email-list-for-x5

10371060-categories-selector-helper

10000515-alipay-payment-module-integration

6637530-improve-custom-skin-to-allow-override-template

759866-super-simple-layout-editing-tools-like-drag-and-dr

4860374-product-returns

3286312-amazon-store-feed

4860415-color-swatches-for-product-options

8126661-update-multiple-products

6082261-new-arrivals-and-coming-soon-labels

4860447-paypal-website-payments-pro-hosted-api

11662269-item-count-in-shipping-invoice-packing-slip

10620861-delivery-method-product-specific

11708595-default-alt-text-on-product-images

xim 08-17-2016 05:07 AM

cflsystems

http://devs.x-cart.com/en/migration_guides/module_changelogs.html

cflsystems 08-17-2016 07:44 AM

Thanks Max. I saw this feature on the last 5.3.x upgrade I did on my test store.
This is only half way though. There is no access to changelog files once module is installed/updated. Is this planned to be coded as well?

cflsystems 08-17-2016 03:08 PM

Apart from what is mentioned here - http://devs.x-cart.com/en/migration_guides/updating_modules_from_5.2_to_5.3_branch.html - I found more non-documented differences which are important.

Using
Code:

@Decorator\Depend({'a'})
or
Code:

@Decorator\Depend('a')
triggers syntax error. It looks like the correct format is
Code:

@Decorator\Depend("a")
when only one dependent module is listed.

Different widget param types have Type in front now so the old string for example
Code:

\XLite\Model\WidgetParam\String
must be changed to
Code:

\XLite\Model\WidgetParam\TypeString
same applies to the other types

Converting the modules from 5.2.x to 5.3.x is not an easy task as it turns out. Lots of core changes. I wonder by the time 5.3.x is actually released to merchants how much more will change and all work we do now will have to repeat.... So far not so good experience.

xim 08-19-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Thanks Max. I saw this feature on the last 5.3.x upgrade I did on my test store.
This is only half way though. There is no access to changelog files once module is installed/updated. Is this planned to be coded as well?

I see. We will implement the "what's new" link to the installed modules section in next versions

Iggy 08-22-2016 01:16 PM

can someone please help me understand where we currently are at in this?

i have been told by a client that he could only access a link to the "latest version", being 5.3.x....and cannot find any 5.2.16 zip link...

...yet in xc admincp we recently saw the 5.2.16 and module upgrades as well to go with...

i feel there must be an oversight somewhere as you have discussed giving ppl the option when to jump to 5.3 and indeed even for test purposes those files must be availible somewhere...

furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..

Triple A Racing 08-22-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy
...furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..

https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74317 asks a similar question (specifically in post #10) but no official answer yet...

xim 08-23-2016 03:36 AM

Quote:

can someone please help me understand where we currently are at in this?

i have been told by a client that he could only access a link to the "latest version", being 5.3.x....and cannot find any 5.2.16 zip link...

...yet in xc admincp we recently saw the 5.2.16 and module upgrades as well to go with...

i feel there must be an oversight somewhere as you have discussed giving ppl the option when to jump to 5.3 and indeed even for test purposes those files must be availible somewhere...

furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..

All the modules from X-Cart core team are adapted to 5.3.x. At the moment we are working on the adaptation for paid modules from Qualiteam and working with 3d party developers to adapt their extensions to new branch.

In 5.3.1.3 version we will add the "Request an upgrade" button to the admin CP, so merchants will be able to follow up developers to adapt modules to the new branch

Iggy 08-23-2016 12:34 PM

ok thank you that is interesting to know, but where can a customer get a licensed copy of 5.2.16 files i still dont see those anywhere

xim 08-24-2016 03:41 AM

Quote:

ok thank you that is interesting to know, but where can a customer get a licensed copy of 5.2.16 files i still dont see those anywhere

Please, contact our managers via HelpDesk. We will provide you with the archive

xim 08-24-2016 03:42 AM

We've just updated the article how to adapt custom mods from 52 to 53:
http://devs.x-cart.com/en/migration_guides/updating_modules_from_5.2_to_5.3_branch.html

cflsystems 08-24-2016 08:08 AM

Max the document mixes RU and EN in few places :)