X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Reduce abondoned shopping cart sales with this. (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14000)

TWS Accessories 05-13-2005 10:02 PM

Reduce abondoned shopping cart sales with this.

I regularly go through randomn web sites (mostly big corporate types) and I try out shopping carts to see what they have done to battle abondonment. After shopping through several, I've come up with my own way of fighting this problem and it's basically a compilation of small bits of info customers always worry about that makes them abondon the cart. So why not stuff it in front of there face while on the cart? Well.. while this is not a mod, it certainly is a great useful feature you can incorporate onto your cart. Enjoy..

http://www.qualifiedconsultants.com/cart.gif

Code:

<table width=100% border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="orange" id="AutoNumber2" cellpadding="3" style="border-collapse: collapse">
  <tr bgcolor="D6E7EF">
    <td colspan="2" align="right" valign="top"><p align="center"> <font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#CC6600"><u>IMPORTANT MESSAGE</u></font><font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">

THE ITEM/S IN YOUR CART ARE:</font></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td width="46%" align="right" valign="top" bgcolor="D6E7EF">[*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma">ARE DURABLE &amp; SHATTERPROOF</font>
      [*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma"> IN STOCK </font>
      [*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma">GOVERNMENT TESTED UV400 PROTECTION</font>
      [*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma">BUY 1 GET 1 OF THE SAME STYLE FREE (UNLESS QTY IS MARKED 1)</font>              </td>
    <td width="54%" valign="top" bgcolor="D6E7EF">[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 48 HOURS</font>[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">CARRY A 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE</font>[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">ARE IN A SECURE CART/WEBSITE</font>[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">ARE SOLD TO YOU BY XXXXXXXX.com A PIONEER IN ECOMMERCE SHOPPING SINCE 2001</font></td>
  </tr>
</table>

shan 05-14-2005 01:56 AM

a simple addition that can on be good. keeping users informed is essential

djdoubleh 05-14-2005 02:07 PM

Re: Reduce abondoned shopping cart sales with this.

Hello,

Can you kindly let me know where to insert the code or do I need to setup a new tpl/php file? Furthermore, which versions of xcart has this been tested?

Thanks.
Henry

Code:

<table width=100% border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="orange" id="AutoNumber2" cellpadding="3" style="border-collapse: collapse">
  <tr bgcolor="D6E7EF">
    <td colspan="2" align="right" valign="top"><p align="center"> <font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#CC6600"><u>IMPORTANT MESSAGE</u></font><font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">

THE ITEM/S IN YOUR CART ARE:</font></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td width="46%" align="right" valign="top" bgcolor="D6E7EF">[*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma">ARE DURABLE &amp; SHATTERPROOF</font>
      [*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma"> IN STOCK </font>
      [*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma">GOVERNMENT TESTED UV400 PROTECTION</font>
      [*]
        <p align="left"><font color="#CC6600" size="1" face="Tahoma">BUY 1 GET 1 OF THE SAME STYLE FREE (UNLESS QTY IS MARKED 1)</font>              </td>
    <td width="54%" valign="top" bgcolor="D6E7EF">[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 48 HOURS</font>[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">CARRY A 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE</font>[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">ARE IN A SECURE CART/WEBSITE</font>[*]<font face="Tahoma" size="1" color="#CC6600">ARE SOLD TO YOU BY XXXXXXXX.com A PIONEER IN ECOMMERCE SHOPPING SINCE 2001</font></td>
  </tr>
</table>

[/quote]

TWS Accessories 05-14-2005 02:25 PM

All you need to do is go to your admin section, click on webmaster mode and once in webmaster mode, direct your path to \cart.php and once there, click on the text where this HTML should be dumped to and you will get a screen where you can dump the code into. Once it's dumped, click preview and if all looks well, then click save and you're set.

Maybe someone else can give you a better explanation or let you know which TPL it is but I'm not so good with x-cart so I use webmaster mode quite often.

mrbiggles 05-15-2005 05:15 PM

Thanks for this simple and very effective mod.
Regards Adam

pctechtoys 06-03-2005 06:03 AM

I couldnБ─≥t find where to dump it. Can someone please tell me where the template is.

Thank you.

sstillwell@aerostich.com 06-03-2005 06:26 AM

Wow, the simplest mod yet, no Smarty, no php, no DB mods. Is this possible?

Good mod, but please, please, get rid of the font tags. They are way out of style :wink:

I see that you are using CSS in the table, just put the CSS there or better yet, make a class and put it in skin1.css file.

Ok, my rant is done.

TWS Accessories 06-03-2005 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstillwell@aerostich.com
Wow, the simplest mod yet, no Smarty, no php, no DB mods. Is this possible?

Good mod, but please, please, get rid of the font tags. They are way out of style :wink:

I see that you are using CSS in the table, just put the CSS there or better yet, make a class and put it in skin1.css file.

Ok, my rant is done.

LOL! I'm a WYSIWYG guy.... I did all of that in DW. If you would like to add a helping hand, just do what you said you want and paste it on board.

cheers.

sstillwell@aerostich.com 06-03-2005 06:57 AM

I think you can configure DW to not use the font tag and use CSS instead. If I used Windows I would use DW again for sure it rocks.

Put this in the skin1.css
Code:

table.important_message {       
        background-color: orange;
        font-size: .75em;
}
table.important_message tr {
        background-color: #D6E7EF;
}
table.important_message tr td {
        color: #CC6600;
}

Here is the HTML to put where you wish.
Code:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" class="important_message">
        <tr>
          <td colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
                  <u>IMPORTANT MESSAGE</u>

THE ITEM/S IN YOUR CART ARE:
                </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td width="50%" valign="top">[*]ARE DURABLE &amp; SHATTERPROOF[*]IN STOCK[*]GOVERNMENT TESTED UV400 PROTECTION[*]BUY 1 GET 1 OF THE SAME STYLE FREE (UNLESS QTY IS MARKED 1)
      </td>
    <td valign="top">[*]WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 48 HOURS[*]CARRY A 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE[*]ARE IN A SECURE CART/WEBSITE[*]ARE SOLD TO YOU BY XXXXXXXX.com A PIONEER IN ECOMMERCE SHOPPING SINCE 2001</td>
  </tr>
</table>

You might want to mess with the font-size in the CSS or get rid of it altogether.

TWS Accessories 06-03-2005 07:01 AM

sstillwell@aerostich.com, thanks! I am happy with my own version, it doesnt bother me at all. However, I'm sure others will use yours instead and that's totally cool!

Cheers!