X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   "Loyalty Program" module for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68951)

xplorer 03-31-2014 05:03 AM

"Loyalty Program" module for X-Cart 5

Hi!

I'm happy to announce the next paid module for X-Cart 5 / X-Cart Next - Loyalty Program.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/addons/image/LProgram_184px_0.png

The module allows customers to earn reward points for purchases made in your store and redeem the points for discounts on future order.

Your feedback is welcome!
Should you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to post them here or at http://ideas.x-cart.com/

Thank you in advance!

Tigershark8700 04-05-2014 02:29 PM

Re: Loyalty Program module for X-Cart 5

Looks great .. do you plan to offer similar product to 4.X ?

Thanks,
Ryan

totaltec 04-06-2014 09:35 AM

Ryan, don't we already have bonus points in Special Offers module?

Tigershark8700 04-06-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
Ryan, don't we already have bonus points in Special Offers module?

I would think the "bonus points" offered in the Special Offers is sort of a "Poor Man's" attempt a loyalty program.

One of the reasons people buy and use Loyalty Program is because they were built with the specific purpose of growing a reward infrastructure for your customers. When I see Special Offers, it sounds like only a few select items or situations where bonus points might be viable.

Right now our store is being built to utilize the BCSE Customer Reward Points module .. which seems suitable for what we're looking for.. but always interested in new 5.0 features are made available for X4.

Actually .. one of my favorite Reward Programs is for Magento, and I would LOVE to see something like this offered for Xcart: http://www.sweettoothrewards.com/

Thanks,
Ryan

carpeperdiem 04-06-2014 02:46 PM

Sweet Tooth is worth switching to Magento for.

Altered Cart Cash Rewards (for X-Cart 4) has most of the features, but not all.

Disclosure: I have the AC cash rewards on my site, and have worked closely with Bill Brewer to make it a very important part of my customer experience.

Features that CR offers (and missing from most loyalty/points programs):

1. Reward accumulation rules. Earn rewards for various results or purchase. Rewards for specific products or categories. Rewards if a customer does an action (registers, posts a review, etc.)

2. Reward redemption is not tied to coupons or discounts or payment methods. Customer can apply rewards in checkout before any payment method, and does not require a round trip back to the cart to redeem. THIS IS one of the most significant UX features missing from other "points" modules.

In my opinion, a loyalty program must integrate at many levels, including registration and email lists and tell-a-friend and product reviews, etc...

If anyone wants to see my AC Cash Rewards integration, PM me.

Tigershark8700 04-06-2014 06:52 PM

@ Carpeperdiem,

We used Sweettooth Rewards for almost 2 years with Magento, before switching to X-Cart last year. It is an amazing piece of software that should help compliment any store.

However, after the company went through its Series Round of funding, their prices increased .. to the point of where it nearly tripled in the course of 18 months.. For us, we see the value, but that value does not translate to spending $650 a month on a loyalty program.

For X-Cart, we decided to go close to completely custom development to outfit our store the way we want.

We are using the reward module we mentioned as a base, and add more features to our platform to handle our customer needs.

Similar to your #2 example, this is how our reward system works currently .. accumulated points can be sent within the cart or at checkout without the customer having to run around figuring out where to redeem. Points give an discounted value of the purchase (BEFORE any payment method is selected or used).

I agree that a true loyalty platform is one that should be available on many levels, not just a straight up ($ spent = X reward points). For us a loyalty platform is more an customer engagement tool than pure customer rewards.

Glad to see you're in the same park :)

Thanks,
Ryan

xplorer 04-06-2014 10:37 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the links and your comments!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark8700
Looks great .. do you plan to offer similar product to 4.X ?

As the developer of this module I can say that I have no plans on converting it to X-Cart 4 - instead, I would like to focus on improving this module further. I'm not sure if there is someone else in our company who wants to develop it, but there is a plenty of good "reward points" mods for XC4 already, so I don't think that creating another one makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
1. Reward accumulation rules. Earn rewards for various results or purchase. Rewards for specific products or categories. Rewards if a customer does an action (registers, posts a review, etc.)

Adding more supported actions is in my roadmap for the module. Thanks!

Quote:

2. Reward redemption is not tied to coupons or discounts or payment methods. Customer can apply rewards in checkout before any payment method, and does not require a round trip back to the cart to redeem. THIS IS one of the most significant UX features missing from other "points" modules.

This is how Loyalty Module for X-Cart 5 works: the customer can redeem his points on the cart page and in checkout before any payment method. Actually, the store automatically gives the customer the maximum discount by applying his reward points, so the customer just adjusts the number if he wants to redeem less.

Quote:

In my opinion, a loyalty program must integrate at many levels, including registration and email lists and tell-a-friend and product reviews, etc...

I agree.

Thanks!

qualiteam 04-26-2014 12:35 AM

The new 5.0.2 version of the Loyalty Program module for X-Cart 5 is available for purchasing/downloading!

In a few words, the changes are:
- we have tweaked styles a bit and added the nice "diamond" icon
- now you can reward your customers for sign ups and writing product reviews / rating your products

Some screenshots (please check the module page for larger ones):

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCWV8tODNxcUFsdVE

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCbHo2bk13TzdxTms

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCa1B2WjlWVWlURm8

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCODRmM3hETDZMcWs

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCZ0xBcDFFUDZBOFU

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCZk1XdElDXzl6WE0

xplorer 11-04-2014 03:23 AM

Hi folks!

The new 5.1.5 version of Loyalty Program module now lets you choose whether reward points should be awarded for all orders, or for orders having no discount coupons applied on them only.

xplorer 02-20-2016 02:21 AM

Loyalty Program v5.2.9 has been released.

Changes are:
- fixed the issue that caused reward points being incorrectly given to users placing an order after a failed payment transaction
- fixed the cause of the "Argument 1 passed to Doctrine\ORM\Persisters\BasicEntityPersister::refr esh() must be of the type array, null given" error message that was logged sometimes when adding a product to cart

hartwellj 02-21-2016 08:09 AM

The problem with loyalty points is that customers who already purchased a ton of products, don't get rewarded. So if I implement this, I'll get a ton of upset customers.

Is there anyway to make this module retroactive?

kevinrm 02-21-2016 10:39 PM

You don't want that, trust me. If they get upset, then go look back at their order history and assign them points manually. Otherwise you will be paying out some big bonuses.

xplorer 02-21-2016 11:55 PM

I think I don't remember a website that ever rewarded me for my past orders like this. Usually I receive a "Now we have a reward program! Start receiving points!" e-mail when an online store where I did purchases implements some kind of a reward program. And I'm not upset on this.

Why would customers be upset? When they placed their orders there was no any loyalty program on your website. You have no obligations to reward them for past orders. And, as Kevin said, you can reward your most valuable customers manually by going into their profiles and giving them some points.

kevinrm 02-22-2016 12:37 AM

One of my competitors complains about "other sites" (mine) which have a bonus point system, lol. He says they're rather just give the discount upfront in the form of cheaper prices, even though his aren't. Translation: his cart is not technically able to do a bonus point system.

If you have a customer with points sitting in his account, and you have a lot of competitors, where do you think they going to make their next purchase? Most of them will want to use up their points first. They get points on ever order, however, so they'll always have points after the first order.

This bonus point thing really works well if you are in a competitive environment.

xplorer 03-07-2016 03:41 AM

Loyalty Program v5.2.10 has been released.

It fixes the issue with no points being given to users for orders paid with X-Payments.

kevinrm 03-07-2016 07:15 AM

When I tried to upgrade, it died on step 13 and I got this error:

Run the "Upgrade_PostRebuildActions" plugin...
...Invoke actions for QSL\LoyaltyProgram
...Invoke classes/XLite/Module/QSL/LoyaltyProgram/upgrade/5.2/10/post_rebuild.php hook for QSL\LoyaltyProgram...
Error
ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2)

Call to a member function getCode() on null

It also locked me out of the store. I had to remove xcart_dir>/var/.rebuildStarted to get back into the admin, but the store would not reopen. So I rebuilt the cache, and got stuck again on step 13. Repeated removing said file. Now I'm back in admin, store is open, and module version is 5.2.10. However, I'm pretty sure if I try to recache my store this will occur again, and I'm not really sure this thing is working or not.

xplorer 03-09-2016 08:26 AM

Hello Kevin,

My bad :( I will fix the problem as soon as possible.

xplorer 03-09-2016 09:49 AM

Hello Kevin,

Please upgrade to 5.2.11 - this should fix the problem.

kevinrm 03-09-2016 10:23 PM

Hi,

I saw the module upgrade and it ran smoothly without problems. The module is now working correctly and assigning points to credit card users. Thank you for the fix!

xplorer 06-22-2016 07:08 AM

I've uploaded the 5.2.12 version of the module to the module marketplace server.

This version fixes the problem with reward points being assigned for "authorized" orders (so users could use the points and cancel the authorized ones).
Now reward points are given only for orders that are paid in full.

xplorer 07-07-2016 03:09 AM

The new versions 5.2.13 and 5.2.14 add a new module setting that allows you to choose whether the discount for used reward points should be applied on the grand total, or on the subtotal. Depending on the setting taxes will be calculated differently.

xplorer 07-11-2016 06:29 AM

The new 5.2.15 version of Loyalty Program module fixes the "Class 'XLite\Module\QSL\LoyaltyProgram\Logic\Order\Modif ier\RewardPoints' not found" error due to a misprint in the source code.

xplorer 07-20-2016 03:40 AM

The 5.2.16 version of Loyalty Program module is released.

It fixes the following issues:
- X-Payments Subscriptions ignored the discount for used reward points (but deducing the points from users) (#0046209)
- editing an order resulted into duplicate discounts for used reward points (#0046269)
- when editing an order, re-calculating the discount for reward points dropped it to zero

kevinrm 07-20-2016 05:34 AM

It's not showing up as an update as of yet, at least for me...

kevinrm 07-20-2016 11:52 PM

We still only show version 5.2.15 available here...

xplorer 07-21-2016 12:03 AM

X-Cart 5 stores the list of updates in a cache for a day.
You can clear the cache by opening this page in the browser:
[ your-domain ] /admin.php?target=addons_list_marketplace&action=cl ear_cache

kevinrm 07-21-2016 01:41 AM

Thank you, I've done that. It still shows 5.2.15 on the module itself, and there is no update at all for it.

qualiteam 07-21-2016 10:22 PM

Does the new module version appear in your X-Cart 5 now?
I believe there were some maintenance works on the server, and this might cause the delay.

kevinrm 07-22-2016 08:11 PM

I put in a ticket for this and it was upgraded by x-cart team, they said there was some issue from their end.

xplorer 03-28-2017 11:51 PM

Re: "Loyalty Program" module for X-Cart 5

The new 5.3.6 version of Loyalty Program is available for downloading.

The changes are:
- fixed the problem with points not being rewarded in X-Cart 5.3.2.8 for reviews approved from the Review Details popup; this fix is not compatible with previous X-Cart versions, so Loyalty Program v5.3.6 can be installed on X-Cart 5.3.2.8 only
- tweaked the code to allow 4 digits after the dot for earn/redeem rate parameters
- fixed a few styles to make the module compatible with Crisp White theme

qualiteam 04-25-2017 04:25 AM

The 5.3.7 version fixes an issue with Fast Lane Checkout.
You may skip this update if you use the one-page checkout mode.

RickBooker 10-06-2017 04:11 AM

I Have version 5.3.5.2 is there some way to turn off the ability to allow reward points to be used as payment for certain items?

We have a large ticket item that has a deep discount and we do not want to allow reward points to be used as any portion of payment. Allowing reward points to be used would drop the price to below our cost significantly.

Thank you,
Rick

kevinrm 10-06-2017 05:13 AM

I know you can turn off points being rewarded for certain products but I don't think you can turn it off for payment of select items once points have been earned.

qualiteam 10-06-2017 12:06 PM

At the moment there is no ability to prevent reward points from being exchanged to a discount for particular products.

RickBooker 10-08-2017 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualiteam
At the moment there is no ability to prevent reward points from being exchanged to a discount for particular products.

I guess my next question would be why not?. Default would be on to allow but an option to turn off per item. Seems like a logical option to me. Not being a programmer maybe I'm asking the impossible or more complicated than I know.

qualiteam 10-15-2017 11:00 PM

It is not an impossible thing, but you are the first who asks for that feature (as far as I know).
If there are other users who could benefit from the function, it will be added to the module for sure.
Also, this can be implemented as a custom module for your site.

RickBooker 10-17-2017 06:38 AM

what would be the cost and the timeline for this? Just to have the ability to turn off reward point USE on a per product basis, not the earning of the reward points.

qualiteam 10-23-2017 09:51 PM

Please contact our sales team and they will quote you a price for the modification:
https://www.x-cart.com/custom-development.html