X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.0 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21186)

mlowrey 04-22-2006 03:27 AM

"Upgrade patch for upgrading the database from 4.0.x to 4.1.x will be released in about a week. "

WHY IS IT STILL NOT THERE !!!!!!

The final is released but if i understand it right, you still cannot copy / import/export your products from older versions......

If this is true then it doesn't makes sence that it it released, because how can everyone get it's old products from 40xx to 4.1 ????

We as a company trust on the 4.1 we have waited to advertise etc. and now it stil doesn't work, the dev should not forget that !

delsurf 04-22-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mffowler
And this isn't even a listed stable version...

This is what kills me about X-Cart. Have you ever seen software go through so many .0.x versions, then even go through a beta and 4 "release candidate" versions, then declared .1, but still not be "stable"?!?!? I thought "release candidate" meant it was a version that was a candidate for "release". I guess in this case it meant released for more bug testing until we can declare it "stable". Why not just go with rc5, rc6? Usually when a software company releases a .1 version, it means it's stable.

nfc5382 04-22-2006 07:56 AM

OK, but you have to give it to XCART. You pay ONCE for a lifetime license with FREE upgrades to the latest software. The software is HUGE and gathers many updates/mods/fixes from the general forums which are probably not always bug free. The x-cart dev team is probably only a few people, I only see the one name mostly.

Bugfree software development is difficult, and to provide infinite updates is a plus. I wish there were less updates too (see my live store version) but it still is a great software development and team.

geckoday 04-22-2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlowrey
"Upgrade patch for upgrading the database from 4.0.x to 4.1.x will be released in about a week. "

WHY IS IT STILL NOT THERE !!!!!!

The 4.1.0 release post you quoted was posted on 4/18 and its 4/22. That's 4 days. I've never known a week to be anything other than 7 days. And "about a week" could run longer - I wouldn't consider 9 or 10 days late. Calm down and give the developers a chance to do their jobs.

looker 04-22-2006 03:17 PM

and more bugs...

I just did a clean install of XC4.1 and have found the following 2 bugs:

1) the master/master login/pw does not work for the admin - i had to hack the db and remove the encrypted pw and then XC told me I could not have the same username and pw and allowed me in to change it

2) cannot get UPS shipping working - turned on the options for shipping, de-activated the shipping methods I did not need and left the other ones active, etc,etc, etc - when I use the test real time shipping rates page, no rates are returned and no error msgs are listed, so I have no idea what is wrong

anyone please??? TIA

nfc5382 04-22-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn180
After some experementation, I was able to export and import. What specifically is giving you trouble. Is the import/export hanging or reporting errors? Remember that when exporting, an export pack will be created at the bottom of the export screen that you can click on and view or download.

i wanted to do a test import from my 3.5 store and I just get this during the import:

Array ( [36] => type [37] => start_date [38] => end_date )

figured out my problem, those are new fields from a mod!

mffowler 04-22-2006 05:56 PM

Variant Import Bug

There is a bug when importing variants. Regardless of whether you are importing XC's own export or your own, it doesn't recognize the option value.
Code:

Error on line 3: Unknown Product option value: 'White' (PRODUCT_VARIANTS)
svowl- is there a patch for this?

Another thing regarding product options importing: I imported 1 class of options and then another... the second class overwrote the first! So, I am back to ground zero on this one.

Thanks,

Mike

frank678 04-22-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL408
Here is another bug. For the FedEx shipping module, during the checkout process, the shipping methods are showing the variable "shipping_time" instead the actual number of days for those shipping methods. Below is the screen shot.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7429/error3wg.jpg

I am having the same problem but I dont think it's just FedEx. Im getting it on USPS.

Anyone figure out a fix for this?

Thanks

gamenebula.com 04-23-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Well.....first error report....

After a default install, I went to the main webstore to browse. Everything looks good. However, when I click on register to create a new account, the page is complete with an error. (Done, but with errors on page).

The same error also show up when you add an item to the shopping cart and then go to "Checkout".

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3599/error8fw.jpg

WOW, This is still an issue? I used to get that error 3 years ago

tntdesigns 04-23-2006 11:18 AM

Xcart Gold 4.1 and 7dana blue dream skin 4.1 and other modes

We installed a fresh copy of xcart gold 4.1 and reinstalled our database from xcart gold 4.0.18 and had a lot of errors.
one of them was 7dana blue dream 4.0.13 already installed.
after some time I gave up and restored our old version.
We purchase the upgraded version of 7dana blue dreams 4.1 for about $40.00 but we have not tried it out yet.
Also I know that the data from old modes may be the problem.
X-cart as beem good to us, so before bitc"""" about bugs make sure the old mode and 3rd party modes are not causing them.
If there are any know problems and fixes with the modes listed in my descriptions please, let us all know? :D

Fleshatomale 04-24-2006 04:32 AM

I'm waiting the patch for import my old database (4.0.16) in this new release.

I have try this new 4.1 and it's fantastic!! but...where is the patch? :) lol

Important note : The page for login or register user is very simple, compliments!!

NightFire 04-24-2006 04:57 AM

I've asked something about the 4.1 release about the X-Magnifier release.
Here is a small qoute about their reply:

Quote:

I fear X-Magnifier works only with 4.1.0. I can't say this version is fully stable, hence my recommendation is wait a couple of months before upgrading live store to it.

So I guess we have to wait a couple of months before we can upgrade our stores from 4.0.X to 4.1 8O

mffowler 04-24-2006 11:09 AM

I can't wait until the forum is vBulletin and those massive images can be thumbnailed... two things I hate about web browsing (especially Australian sites): forced image browser sizing by images and forced resize by code (All Australian online banking). ;-)

- Mike

designerweb 04-24-2006 11:40 AM

Helo, I received an email that Xcart 4.1.0 has been release officially.
But reading these posts has me worried.

Since I receivd the email.. are al these issues resolved?

Thanks in advance

Light Speed 04-24-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designerweb

Thanks in advance

No.

X-Cart 4.1.0 is not ready for a live site that you depend on as your business. Stick with an older version until the 4.1.x branch is stable.

vulcan-works 04-24-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light Speed
Quote:

Originally Posted by designerweb

Thanks in advance

No.

X-Cart 4.1.0 is not ready for a live site that you depend on as your business. Stick with an older version until the 4.1.x branch is stable.

when 4.0 first came out i started using it right away, even though everybody was saying it was unstable, and even xcart didnt say it was stable until like 4.0.12, It worked with no problems for me :?
i have not had to use any of the patches on this thread because there was no need to. everything works fine(execpt the admin password thing witch is fixed)
i guess its just try it and see :?:

mlowrey 04-24-2006 03:05 PM

when adding new product, categories NOT VISIBLE !

i can add / del / see categories, but when i click add new product then the categorie list is EMPTY .......

i thought that it could had something to do with the patches...so i uninstalled them but that didden't work to.

mffowler 04-24-2006 05:25 PM

You may need to "enable" the user/admin of the products. I had that issue. See the users profile.

- Mike

moneysaver67 04-24-2006 10:10 PM

Upgradaded the beginning of a 4.0.18 site to 4.1 (of course all the .18 stuff is fully backed up ;))

Began with a fresh, full install then tried doing a product import via CSV 4.0.18 export. BAM, got an error in modules/Import_3x_4x/import.php (Line 1569)

Code:

Undefined function: func_recalc_subcat_count ...       

This error prevented me from importing products/categories.

I understand there is a pending db patch for 4.0.16 to 4.1, so it may fall into that category; however, commenting out this line (band-aid) did the trick for me and all products imported fine. Note: 11 products total, so easily verified. I would urge hesitation for users with more items, yet I'm still happy my categories, manufacturers, and products/details all came through fine.

:D Too bad I didn't read this post until ::AFTER:: the fact. Now I'm in limbo debating whether to roll-back to 4.0.18 (the right move) or to wait for 4.1 STABLE.

Best of luck to ya X-Cart.

mart 04-25-2006 10:29 AM

Cannot Import DISTRIBUTION

Q1: 4.1 is cannot Import DISTRIBUTION,the error when i add !DISTRIBUTION on csv file,i want to know Where i Import DISTRIBUTION?
and 3-4 Import cannot be using too

Error below:

Date: 25-Apr-2006 03:37:06
Launched by: master
Error on line 2: Column 'DISTRIBUTION' is not supposed to be in the section 'PRODUCTS' (PRODUCTS):
!PRODUCTID;!PRODUCTCODE;!PRODUCT;!DISTRIBUTION;!WE IGHT;!LIST_PRICE;!DESCR;!FULLDESCR;!KEYWORDS;!AVAI L;!RATING;!FORSALE;!SHIPPING_FREIGHT;!FREE_SHIPPIN G;!DISCOUNT_AVAIL;!MIN_AMOUNT;!DIM_X;!DIM_Y;!DIM_Z ;!LOW_AVAIL_LIMIT;!FREE_TAX;!CATEGORYID;!CATEGORY; !MEMBERSHIP;!PRICE;!THUMBNAIL;!IMAGE;!TAXES;!ADD_D ATE;!VIEWS_STATS;!SALES_STATS;!DEL_STATS;!MANUFACT URERID;!MANUFACTURER

bngwarehouse 04-25-2006 01:16 PM

Bug or just me not seeing something?

*********:.TESTING X-Cart 4.1.0 .:************

To start out with I have (chmod) the files and dir as showed in the INSTALL (How-to <file>).

Here is the error after <clicking> on the (users) option in the Admin planel.

This also happens when I <clicked>

Orders
Countries
States
General settings
languages

So I am hoping someone can see a pattern here..... Does this mean that mySql db has crashed or damaged?

It did crash you can say the other day, (X-cart 4.1.0 rc4 )

I was deleting the db and importing 9786 rows of info into the db.
Ok here is the error..........

Repairing table /var/tmp/#sql_63c_0...1 : Can't create/write to file '/var/tmp/#sql_63c_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/var/tmp/#sql_63c_0 EXTENDED' at line 1

SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT xcart_countries.*, IFNULL(lng1c.value, lng2c.value) as country, IFNULL(lng1l.value, lng2l.value) as language FROM xcart_countries LEFT JOIN xcart_languages as lng1c ON lng1c.name = CONCAT('country_', xcart_countries.code) AND lng1c.code = 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_languages as lng2c ON lng2c.name = CONCAT('country_', xcart_countries.code) AND lng2c.code = 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_languages as lng1l ON lng1l.name = CONCAT('language_', xcart_countries.code) AND lng1l.code = 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_languages as lng2l ON lng2l.name = CONCAT('language_', xcart_countries.code) AND lng2l.code = 'US' WHERE (lng1l.value != '' OR lng2l.value != '') GROUP BY language ORDER BY language

Thanks
Wesley

B00MER 04-25-2006 01:16 PM

Its great and all that 4.1.x is released, but personally I wouldn't upgrade to the latest branch until a few more subversion releases occur. Simply to squish out more bugs as it seems there are more real world bugs unidentified, that only a real world testing environment will identify.

I didn't start moving clients over from 4.0.x until around 4.0.5+ as it seemed to become more usuable in a production environment.

Just my 2cents. :wink:

moneysaver67 04-25-2006 04:46 PM

Is MySQL 5.x support native to 4.1? If I can use MySQL 5.x w/ 4.0.18 then 4.1.x can wait! :!:

mmx 04-25-2006 05:27 PM

Your Companmy Name

Afer installing 4.1, I wanted to change the Company Name, so via Admin/General Settings/Company Options/ I changed the company Name and clicked save - However I still get "Your Company name"

- appearing in the TitleBar of the browser
- and in location.tpl

even though it shows in the Admin section the Company Name has actually been changed. :?:

svowl 04-25-2006 09:13 PM

Please, do not post bug reports here. It will be very hard for you to find information on a specific report if all the reports will be in one thread. Post bug reports to the 'Bugs & Fixes' section, please.

svowl 04-25-2006 09:18 PM

Re: Your Companmy Name

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmx
Afer installing 4.1, I wanted to change the Company Name, so via Admin/General Settings/Company Options/ I changed the company Name and clicked save - However I still get "Your Company name"

- appearing in the TitleBar of the browser
- and in location.tpl

even though it shows in the Admin section the Company Name has actually been changed. :?:

The Company name and site title are separated in 4.1.0. Company name is used in invoices. To edit Site title you need to edit the language variable 'lbl_site_name' (you can do it in the Webmaster mode or in the 'Languages' section of the admin interface)

svowl 04-25-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneysaver67
Is MySQL 5.x support native to 4.1? If I can use MySQL 5.x w/ 4.0.18 then 4.1.x can wait! :!:

X-Cart 4.1.0 supports MySQL 5, X-Cart 4.0.x does not support it

svowl 04-25-2006 09:24 PM

Re: Bug or just me not seeing something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bngwarehouse
Repairing table /var/tmp/#sql_63c_0...1 : Can't create/write to file '/var/tmp/#sql_63c_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/var/tmp/#sql_63c_0 EXTENDED' at line 1

I think, you should ask your hosting administrator to help you configure MySQL server.

B00MER 04-25-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svowl
Please, do not post bug reports here. It will be very hard for you to find information on a specific report if all the reports will be in one thread. Post bug reports to the 'Bugs & Fixes' section, please.

Vladimir & X-Cart crew, as usual you guys are right on top of things. I will try and keep an eye on this thread for any future bug posts. :)

svowl 04-25-2006 09:44 PM

Re: Cannot Import DISTRIBUTION

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mart
Q1: 4.1 is cannot Import DISTRIBUTION,the error when i add !DISTRIBUTION on csv file,i want to know Where i Import DISTRIBUTION?
and 3-4 Import cannot be using too

Try applying the attached patch (4.1.0).
Thank you

svowl 04-25-2006 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by moneysaver67
Upgradaded the beginning of a 4.0.18 site to 4.1 (of course all the .18 stuff is fully backed up ;))

Began with a fresh, full install then tried doing a product import via CSV 4.0.18 export. BAM, got an error in modules/Import_3x_4x/import.php (Line 1569)

Code:

Undefined function: func_recalc_subcat_count ...       

This error prevented me from importing products/categories.

Thank you for the report.
Try to apply the attached patch, please (4.1.0)

svowl 04-25-2006 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Here is another bug. For the FedEx shipping module, during the checkout process, the shipping methods are showing the variable "shipping_time" instead the actual number of days for those shipping methods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank678
I am having the same problem but I dont think it's just FedEx. Im getting it on USPS.

Try to apply the attached patch, please (4.1.0). Thank you for the report.

cherie 04-25-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Try to apply the attached patch, please (4.1.0). Thank you for the report.

Thank you for being so quick to respond with patches. Will there be a cumulative patch (4.1.1?) soon? :D

carlisleglass 04-25-2006 11:57 PM

When do you think the SQL database upgrade patch will be released. As I need to test my new layout (on v4.1) with my current product list.

svowl 04-26-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrenkierman
When do you think the SQL database upgrade patch will be released. As I need to test my new layout (on v4.1) with my current product list.

It is under development at the moment. We are planning to complete the patch and upload to the File area on Friday. However, you can use the '3x-4x import' link in the 'Import/Export data' section to import a CSV file generated by your older version of X-Cart. Please, make sure you have applied patch provided in this post: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=134869#134869 before importing.

syddos 04-26-2006 02:34 AM

X-cart, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a designed change to the categories Array in V4.1.0.

I have a menu that automatically generates the categories and any subcategories down to 3 subcategories levels, using Smarty SECTION LOOPS and JavaScript. It works perfectly in V4.18.

I was testing the same menu code in V4.1.0, and could only generate the 'Books' and 'Games and Toys' ROOT category. No subcategories were produced.

I noticed in V4.1.0 ' categories.tpl ', xcart have replaced Smarty SECTION loops with FOREACH loops to produce the categories. This change is not a problem as my code can be modified to use foreach loops if required.

The problem is when I loop through ALLCATEGORIES, CATEGORIES and SUBCATEGORIES array variables, they all contain the ROOT categories ONLY; (no sub categories).

I checked the file ' include/categories.php ' and made the following changes to correct the problem with the missing subcategories from the ALLCATEGORIES array variable.

ORIGINAL file from xcart V4.1 include/categories.php

Quote:

SECTION
#
# Gather the array of categories and extract into separated arrays:
# $all_categories, $categories and $subcategories
#

if (($current_area == "C" && defined("GET_ALL_CATEGORIES")) || defined('MANAGE_CATEGORIES')) {
$_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat);
} elseif($current_area == "C") {
$_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat, true, "current");

} else {
$_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat, true, "all");
}

CHANGED TO ( Reversed line 4 and 6 to correct problem with accessing SUBCATEGORIES)
Quote:

SECTION
#
# Gather the array of categories and extract into separated arrays:
# $all_categories, $categories and $subcategories
#

if (($current_area == "C" && defined("GET_ALL_CATEGORIES")) || defined('MANAGE_CATEGORIES')) {
$_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat);
} elseif($current_area == "C") {
$_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat, true, "all");

} else {
$_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat, true, "current");
}

Can you please confirm if the code in the ORIGINAL is an error/bug or a V4.1.0 design change?

Regards,
Syddos.

carlisleglass 04-26-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrenkierman

It is under development at the moment. We are planning to complete the patch and upload to the File area on Friday. However, you can use the '3x-4x import' link in the 'Import/Export data' section to import a CSV file generated by your older version of X-Cart. Please, make sure you have applied patch provided in this post: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=134869#134869 before importing.

Just tried that and got the following error message:
'The file you are trying to import does not contain any sections.'

also noticed that they is no link at all to a Import 3.x-4.x section in the 'Import/Export data' section and the module is enabled !

carlisleglass 04-26-2006 04:41 AM

Fixed it :

Had to remove the AREA_TYPE bit from import_tools.php

Code:

if (!empty($active_modules['Import_3x_4x']) && AREA_TYPE == 'P') {
                $dialog_tools_data["right"][] = array("link" => $xcart_web_dir.DIR_PROVIDER."/import_3x_4x.php", "title" => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_3x_4x_import"));
        }

svowl 04-26-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syddos
Can you please confirm if the code in the ORIGINAL is an error/bug or a V4.1.0 design change?

That is not a bug. The procedure of generating categories was optimized to increase performance and decrease memory requirements, and, as a result, the format of some arrays was modified.

syddos 04-26-2006 07:11 AM

Quote:

That is not a bug. The procedure of generating categories was optimized to increase performance and decrease memory requirements, and, as a result, the format of some arrays was modified.

Thanks for confirming that, I thought it was a design change.

I have decided to use the change I made to file ' include/categories.php ', to allow my nested Smarty Section Loops to produce a printed lists of each Root category and its sub level categories (I have 3 sub levels). I will use this list to hard code the menu category data into the template file. This will save even more memory and time when the page is reloaded, however the include/categories.php file will still be doing is job.

Regards,
Syddos