X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

xtech 09-18-2014 04:52 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
xtech,

1) You may have some code errors, check the console using Firebug. Maybe try reinstalling the addon.

2) Check the v2 FAQ - "When I click on a product tab or accordion, the page slug disappears, why?"

Thank you Phil for your suggestions.It is working now.

1)After reinstalling the module the problem resolved.

2) Tab issue problem also resolved.

Another two issues still present-
1) In admin product description page if we add any style in product detailed description through editor.That style like bold or any style on product detail description is not reflected on website detail page.

2) I have defined a field through reboot custom filed to define a offer tag at the products page.I have called this fields in invoice page in order to see the effects in order section.But after some days if we delete that tag text then it also delete from order section and order history and also from order export pack.

How to keep this saved so that after some modifications it will take the old value in order section?

Thanks,
xtech

bullfrog 09-18-2014 09:02 AM

Phil,
The edit to product_style_1.tpl worked, and product images now appear as they should. I'm sorry I forgot to set the template back to reBOOT v3 after my testing, but it is there now. Yes, images were being re-cached after x-y settings changes.

I will now try to resize the image area using the suggestions by elmirage001.

Thanks!

vtalk 09-18-2014 07:53 PM

Phil
during testing our site, I note that the pay by Amazon is not working ( the button have no link) there way to correct it
www.vtechplace.com

Thank you

xtech 09-19-2014 01:04 AM

Hello,
I have implemented Lightbox popup in development site for newsletter subscription but the cross button or close button is not working in google chrome and Safari browser.

What is the issue here?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 09-19-2014 04:13 AM

Quote:

during testing our site, I note that the pay by Amazon is not working ( the button have no link) there way to correct it
Hi vtalk, that's odd, possibly a bug, can you post a ticket with your FTP details and I'll take a look.

EDIT: Have you fully configured the module settings in admin/configuration.php?option=Amazon_Payments_Advanced

PhilJ 09-19-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

I have implemented Lightbox popup in development site for newsletter subscription but the cross button or close button is not working in google chrome and Safari browser.
We discussed this before, you may have some conflicting CSS code somewhere. Try switching lightbox themes.

elmirage001 09-19-2014 09:31 PM

Hello Everyone, if anyone is wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to 4.6.4 and reBOOT v3.0 the answer is a thousand times YES!

Anyone who would like to compare versions 2.33 & 3.0 please PM me and I'll send you the links to my live v2.33 site and the link with shopkey for my dev folder v3 site. Just please don't place any orders. Thank you in advance.

I've done some major tweaks to both versions of reBOOT but they are mostly cosmetic changes. Most of the changes are to enhance the user experience using small mobile devices and the checkout experience for the desktop/tablet user.

A huge thank you to Phil for creating this truly awesome template!

Paul

designguru 09-21-2014 11:54 AM

Upgrade
We installed an older reBoot version (2.31 I think) and would like to upgrade.
- Can it be done easily or do you need to go through files?
- Is there some way to test compability?

Features in old template
Is the currency change button on the homepage included in v2.31 or only newer versions as it doesn't show in v2.31?

Thanks

elmirage001 09-21-2014 04:27 PM

FYI

alteredCart's Cash Rewards and reBOOT v3 work really well together. Only had to tweak the CSS a few times and edit the code added to service_css.tpl to use "load_defer".

Code:

{*** Cash Rewards :: alteredcart.com ***}
{if $active_modules.Cash_Rewards}
{*<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$SkinDir}/modules/Cash_Rewards/cash-rewards.css" />*}
{load_defer file="modules/Cash_Rewards/cash-rewards.css" type="css"}
{/if}
{*** Cash Rewards :: alteredcart.com ***}

xtech 09-22-2014 02:16 AM

Hi Phil,
I want to change the color of tooltip from black to grey.Where to change and how to change?

Please see the attached screenshot-

http://www.healthiza.com/dev/images/tooltip.jpg

PhilJ 09-22-2014 04:30 AM

Quote:

I want to change the color of tooltip from black to grey.Where to change and how to change
Code:

.tipsy-inner { background: #000; color: #fff; max-width: 300px; padding: 5px; text-align: center; border-radius: 4px; }

PhilJ 09-22-2014 02:09 PM

Quick v3.0 fix for 'Pay with Amazon' module popup not appearing...

skin/reboot/customer/home.tpl

Replace...

Code:

{load_defer_code type="js"}
{include file="customer/service_body_js.tpl"}

With...

Code:

{include file="customer/service_body_js.tpl"}
{load_defer_code type="js"}

(just swap the lines around)

xtech 09-22-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Code:

.tipsy-inner { background: #000; color: #fff; max-width: 300px; padding: 5px; text-align: center; border-radius: 4px; }

Thanks your solution,it is working now.

Now for this issue I want your solution-

1) In admin product description page if we add any style in product detailed description through editor.That style like bold or any style on product detail description is not reflected on website detail page.

2) I have defined a field through reboot custom filed to define a offer tag at the products page.I have called this fields in invoice page in order to see the effects in order section.But after some days if we delete that tag text then it also delete from order section and order history and also from order export pack.

How to keep this saved so that after some modifications it will take the old value in order section?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 09-23-2014 06:07 AM

Quote:

You'll need to post a ticket for me to investigate.

Quote:

You won't be able to store that field data to the order without some custom coding, which I am not sure of.

Alternatively you could just manually add some customer notes to the order.

designguru 09-24-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designguru
Upgrade
We installed an older reBoot version (2.31 I think) and would like to upgrade.
- Can it be done easily or do you need to go through files?
- Is there some way to test compability?

Features in old template
Is the currency change button on the homepage included in v2.31 or only newer versions as it doesn't show in v2.31?

Thanks

Still need to have an answer to this.

PhilJ 09-24-2014 01:42 PM

How do I upgrade from reBOOT v2.x to v3.x ?
  1. Rename your existing skin/reboot folder to eg. reboot_old_v2
  2. From your X-Cart v4.6.4 distribution file, re-upload skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl
  3. Continue the v3 installation as normal
Note, any modifications previously applied to skin/reboot will need to be re-added.

To request new files, open a support ticket, mentioning your order ID.

Re. currency change, see the v3 demo.

designguru 09-24-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Re. currency change, see the v3 demo.

Thanks but does this mean it's only available in v3?

PhilJ 09-24-2014 01:49 PM

No, you can easily create one for v2. Get in touch for code.

designguru 09-24-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

No, you can easily create one for v2. Get in touch for code.

Nice! Keep up the great work.

xtech 09-25-2014 12:48 AM

Hi Phil,
How to call fast lane checkout tab on cart page?

Also I want to remove the decimal price from price options.Instead of displaying 510.00 it will display as 510

How to achieve that?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 09-25-2014 05:14 AM

Quote:

How to call fast lane checkout tab on cart page?

You'd need to hard code some HTML...

skin/reboot/customer/main/cart.tpl

Replace...
Code:

<h2{if $products eq ""} class="nomargintop"{/if}>{$lng.lbl_your_shopping_cart}</h2>
With...
Code:

{if $products ne ""}

{if $config.General.checkout_module eq "Fast_Lane_Checkout"}

<br>
{capture name=dialog}

<div class="row">

<div class="col-md-3 text-center">
<div class="checkout_current_step">
<h4><i class="fa fa-arrow-right" style="color:green"></i> <a href="cart.php">Your cart</a></h4>
</div>
</div>

<h4><a href="cart.php?mode=checkout">Personal Details</a></h4>
</div>

<h4>Shipping &amp; Payment</h4>
</div>

<h4>Place Order</h4>
</div>

</div>

{/capture}
{include file="customer/dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_order content=$smarty.capture.dialog}

{else}

<h2{if $products eq ""} class="nomargintop"{/if}>{$lng.lbl_your_shopping_cart}</h2>

{/if}

{/if}

Quote:

Also I want to remove the decimal price from price options.Instead of displaying 510.00 it will display as 510

Probably not a great idea to do that, but if it's just for appearance reasons, you can use some simple jQuery...

skin/reboot/js/reboot.js

After...

Code:

$(document).ready(function() {

Insert...

Code:

$('.currency').each(function(){
    $(this).html($(this).html().replace(".00",""));
});

xtech 09-25-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

You'd need to hard code some HTML...

skin/reboot/customer/main/cart.tpl

Replace...
Code:

With...
Code:

{if $products ne ""}

{if $config.General.checkout_module eq "Fast_Lane_Checkout"}

<br>
{capture name=dialog}

<div class="row">

<div class="checkout_current_step">
<h4><i class="fa fa-arrow-right" style="color:green"></i> <a href="cart.php">Your cart</a></h4>
</div>
</div>

<h4><a href="cart.php?mode=checkout">Personal Details</a></h4>
</div>

<h4>Shipping &amp; Payment</h4>
</div>

<h4>Place Order</h4>
</div>

</div>

{/capture}
{include file="customer/dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_order content=$smarty.capture.dialog}

{else}

{/if}

{/if}

Probably not a great idea to do that, but if it's just for appearance reasons, you can use some simple jQuery...

skin/reboot/js/reboot.js

After...

Code:

$(document).ready(function() {

Insert...

Code:

$(this).html($(this).html().replace(".00",""));
});

Thank you Phil for your code.It is working like a charm.Thank you very much.

Just only one question need to ask why you said "Probably not a great idea to do that".If we enable that what will be the issue?

Also some of the price contains 510.50 and 510.25 how to truncate it to 510 only?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 09-26-2014 03:00 AM

Code:

$(this).html($(this).html().replace(".00","").replace(".25","").replace(".50",""));
});

Remember, it's not actually changing the price!

xtech 09-26-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Code:

$(this).html($(this).html().replace(".00","").replace(".25","").replace(".50",""));
});

Remember, it's not actually changing the price!

Why it is not actually changing the price?In add to cart Popup it is still showing 510.00.

By the way how to disable totally .00 or .10 or .25 whatever after .?

Also why you told me Probably not a great idea to do that !!!

If we do any issue will occur?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 09-26-2014 04:22 AM

Like I said, it's just for appearance sake, so when they place an order, they may not expect the apparent additional charge.

If you want decimals taken off properly / prices rounded up, then you'd need to change the PHP pricing logic, which I am not sure of. Perhaps ask around.

xtech 09-26-2014 05:45 AM

Hello,
I want to add navigation options in category featured product options.How to do that in reboot?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 09-26-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

I want to add navigation options in category featured product options.How to do that in reboot?
Can you elaborate a little?

xtech 09-29-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Can you elaborate a little?

In the featured product sections whatever we will add in admin is showing in store page.If I add 16 or 20 products as a featured products from admin then it will show in store page.I want to display 4 or 8 products in featured products section in store front and remaining will show in second page that is I want navigation's in featured product sections.How to do that?

Thanks,
xtech

totaltec 09-29-2014 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
I want to display 4 or 8 products in featured products section in store front and remaining will show in second page that is I want navigation's in featured product sections.How to do that?

That is going to be really hard. Featured Products is not designed with navigation. I would put them in a slider of some kind, so you can flip between them. Adding a second page will require a lot of code I'm afraid.

xtech 09-29-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
That is going to be really hard. Featured Products is not designed with navigation. I would put them in a slider of some kind, so you can flip between them. Adding a second page will require a lot of code I'm afraid.

What is the easiest method?But if I add 20 or 25 products then page length become high.how to restrict that?

totaltec 09-29-2014 01:55 AM

Quote:

What is the easiest method?But if I add 20 or 25 products then page length become high.how to restrict that?

The easiest way to restrict it would be to not add so many featured products... :-)

Well perhaps Phil will have a better suggestion than me, but I would try to put the products in a carousel, that would be easier than working out pagination on the home page IMO.

xtech 09-29-2014 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
The easiest way to restrict it would be to not add so many featured products... :-)

Well perhaps Phil will have a better suggestion than me, but I would try to put the products in a carousel, that would be easier than working out pagination on the home page IMO.

How to put in carousel? Can you please help me?

Thanks,
xtech

totaltec 09-29-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

How to put in carousel? Can you please help me?

This discussion should really be in its own thread. I am afraid that this will be quite difficult for you to accomplish on your own, but I'll explain it somewhat and you may be able to pull it off. From what I understand reBOOT already includes the JS library and CSS required for an owl-carousel: http://owlgraphic.com/owlcarousel/ That is what drives the main slider.

You need to separate the featured products template or call it with an assigned variable that you can reference inside the template. Then you wrap the section in a div with a special assigned class. Then you call the slider with an on-page snippet of JavaScript to activate the sliding for that special class. I am using it to display products in an X-cart 5 template here: http://xcartnext.com

xtech 09-29-2014 03:34 AM

Can I expect a reply from Phil on this?

totaltec 09-29-2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

Can I expect a reply from Phil on this?

I guess so, Phil is pretty awesome with helping out. But I would not "expect" a reply. You are wanting to do something custom with your template, something that it is not designed to do. If he offers any advice it would be out of the goodness of his heart, there is no reason for him to custom code every solution that you desire just because you are using his template.

I hope a mod can move this string of communication, we are just cluttering this thread. In the future I would start a thread on the subject, explain exactly what you want with screenshots and links, then post one link here with a simplified short description of the problem. Then everyone can continue the discussion in that thread.

PhilJ 09-29-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

In the featured product sections whatever we will add in admin is showing in store page.If I add 16 or 20 products as a featured products from admin then it will show in store page.I want to display 4 or 8 products in featured products section in store front and remaining will show in second page that is I want navigation's in featured product sections.How to do that?

Currently travelling at the moment, hence the late reply. This might work, I am not so sure...

skin/reboot/customer/main/featured.tpl

Before...
Code:

{include file="customer/main/products.tpl" products=$f_products featured="Y"}
Insert...
Code:

{if $navigation eq "Y"}
    {include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl"}
    <br />
{/if}

If not, take it to a ticket. Some additional tweaks possibly required.

In reBOOT v3, featured/on sale/new products can be displayed as carousels.

PhilJ 09-30-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

From what I understand reBOOT already includes the JS library and CSS required for an owl-carousel: http://owlgraphic.com/owlcarousel/ That is what drives the main slider.
Hi Mike, yes reBOOT v2 uses Owl Carousel v1.33 and reBOOT v3 uses 2.0.0-beta.2.4. The integration coding is slightly different.

I highly recommend using Owl v2 for your new XC5 theme, even tho it's still in beta :)

elmirage001 10-03-2014 04:42 PM

Hi Phil,

Just went live with v3.0 and really excited with how everything turned out. I also used your WordPress Addon. I'll have to tweak my posts and pages a little bit but being able to use the reBOOT header and footer is fantastic!

With the faster load times and how reBOOT allowed me to customize my home page I'm hoping to improve my Google position for my most competitive search phrase. A year ago I was number 1 but I've dropped to number 4.

If you have requests to see a live site feel free to give them my URL. Please ask them not to place any orders :-)

Thanks again!

Paul

PhilJ 10-04-2014 12:17 PM

reBOOT v3 now supports masonry (aka isotope) style products layout display!

This displays products in a responsive 'cascading' grid fashion, which is useful if you have product blocks of varying heights, eg. varying product thumbnail image sizes (similar to the Pinterest style views).

It is not as search engine friendly as the product grid/row 'switchers' layout display, as product descriptions are not displayed.

However, if enabled, the product upselling / recommended products still use the switchers layout.

Pitak 10-05-2014 09:44 PM

Phil, I've a strange problem.

I installed X-cart Gold Plus 4.6.4 + reBOOt v3 on my localhost via XAMPP.
Everything is working well on localhost. But when I transfer everything to the web server, both the customer side and the admin side are unable to login. When I login at admin, the page refreshed and re-display the login form. Other than this problem, everything is working correctly.

I checked the log file and it stated that I'm able to login to admin fine. Very strange. From your experience, what may have caused this? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

Edit: Got it fixed.