X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   x-cart Feeder Mods (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24691)

Acquamarina 09-06-2006 07:36 PM

x-cart Feeder Mods

Hi,

I would like to find an easier way to create feeds for my store. Has anyone tried The Firetank X-cart Feed Manager series and how is that? Is there another one you might suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Vera

balinor 09-07-2006 02:40 AM

Re: x-cart Feeder Mods

Moving to Third Party Mods. That is indeed the mod you want.

Acquamarina 09-07-2006 03:26 AM

Balinor,

Thank! Sorry for posting in the wrong spot.

Vera

groovico 09-15-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acquamarina
Hi,

I would like to find an easier way to create feeds for my store. Has anyone tried The Firetank X-cart Feed Manager series and how is that? Is there another one you might suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Vera

You'll find our one is one of the most flexible available, and we also support the widest range of feeds, we're constantly developing more feed support too and we've got many failsafes built in to ensure the vast range of possible problems many sites can hit with feeds can be worked around easily.

For more information please see:

http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/X-cart-Shopping-Feeds-cid-26.html

alohacomputer 09-28-2006 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovico
You'll find our one is one of the most flexible available, and we also support the widest range of feeds, we're constantly developing more feed support too and we've got many failsafes built in to ensure the vast range of possible problems many sites can hit with feeds can be worked around easily.

For more information please see:

http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/X-cart-Shopping-Feeds-cid-26.html

I'm looking to import feeds. Many are in Excel or .TXT. Companies that have feeds and we want to list their feed on our X-Cart site.

We spend too much time change the feed to work with X-Cart format.

What can we use to make it faster and easier to import feeds?

groovico 09-28-2006 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alohacomputer
I'm looking to import feeds. Many are in Excel or .TXT. Companies that have feeds and we want to list their feed on our X-Cart site.

We spend too much time change the feed to work with X-Cart format.

What can we use to make it faster and easier to import feeds?

I know what you mean, you are refering to another company giving you a datafeed you want to use as an x-cart product import. This thread about the firetank x-cart Feed manager is about exporting your products to shopping sites like froogle.

To do what you require is something you really need to get custom programming done for if you don't wish to use to the x-cart import feature.

I would only recommend you do this for your regular suppliers, the product codes are very very important. You'll also find in alot of cases you need to reformat the data they give you or add/delete/edit fields. If your supplier changes the data you need to change your import.

designtheweb 12-31-2007 03:53 PM

I would have thought this was something Firetank would have jumped on years ago.

Importing products to X-cart is one of the largest requirements out there. Generally if the fields can simply be matched up then it should be pretty easy to pull them into x-cart. The whole csv thing is cumbersome and boring and one of my suppliers is offering to ftp over 2000 products but I find the methodology around this confusing, I'd really rather run the business than get bogged down with technicalities.

sales@webosusa.com 01-02-2008 02:26 PM

Get a free one on www.xcartmods.co.uk workd great.

peterj 11-17-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sales@webosusa.com
Get a free one on www.xcartmods.co.uk workd great.

Free Data feed Importer?

groovico 11-18-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designtheweb
I would have thought this was something Firetank would have jumped on years ago.

Importing products to X-cart is one of the largest requirements out there. Generally if the fields can simply be matched up then it should be pretty easy to pull them into x-cart. The whole csv thing is cumbersome and boring and one of my suppliers is offering to ftp over 2000 products but I find the methodology around this confusing, I'd really rather run the business than get bogged down with technicalities.

It's actually a little more complex to do this properly, many of the imports out there are half done, and you can screw up your site with a poorly written one.

We've done our own inhouse ones in the past but there's already several other soloutions out there in various formats.

Look into the one written by BCSEngineering.com it's one of the most advanced ones out there.

A policy we have had at firetanksoftware.com since day one is not to duplicate other people's work, we don't duplicate x-carts or other developers work, it's pointless as the market is so small and it causes confusion.