X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pop-up Anywhere module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66512)

karina 03-26-2013 07:27 AM

Pop-up Anywhere module released (updated)

Hello, X-Carters!

I am glad to announce our new Pop-up Anywhere
module.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/modules/icon_01_180x180.png

Pop-ups is the great tool that helps you promote a message: the information in your pop-up will grab attention for a few moments of every customer who visits your store. Hence communication through pop-up has far more impact than communication via sidebars, banners or welcome page.

The module is coming with 5 preconfigured but disabled by default pop-ups. You just need to install the module, enable pop-ups and you▓re ready to go.

The most popular usage for pop-ups is to offer customers the chance to sign up to the store▓s newsletter. Pop-up Anywhere offer such type of pop-ups with the ability to reward customers with discount. Research by Email Marketing Reportshave shown that such pop-ups allow to increase sign up rates by 100% or even much more in some cases.

Other key features are:

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/all/themes/xcartcom/images/base/checkmark.png Сreate unlimited number of pop-ups with different content.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/all/themes/xcartcom/images/base/checkmark.png Сonfigure how often, on what pages (based on part of URL), for which type of customers pop-up will be shown, define delay before pop-up is shown.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/all/themes/xcartcom/images/base/checkmark.png Use predesigned pop-ups, custom templates or custom text (HTML is supported), customize width, location and animation for each pop-up.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/all/themes/xcartcom/images/base/checkmark.png 4 predesigned pop-ups with special behaviour:
  • Social plugin: Like Box for Facebook Page
  • Bottom sticky bar with cart total information and checkout button
  • Top sticky notification bar with custom message.
http://www.x-cart.com/sites/all/themes/xcartcom/images/base/checkmark.png Offer discount or free shipping limited in time to your customer if they subscribe to newsletter or like your Facebook Page.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/all/themes/xcartcom/images/base/checkmark.png (NEW!) Ability to specify the period when the popup is to be shown.

Pop-up Anywhere manual

Pop-up Anywhere
add-on can be purchased on our official website

chamberinternet 03-26-2013 07:35 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released

The link doesn't seem to work :?

karina 03-26-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamberinternet
The link doesn't seem to work :?

Thank you! I've changed the link in my original post:
http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/pop-up-anywhere.html

jacob1978 03-27-2013 08:00 AM

Look great, I can think of many ways to use this!

Thanks for the post!

RoeBoeDog 03-27-2013 01:32 PM

When will the demo be live on your website?

Online Michael 03-27-2013 04:45 PM

Looks good! Will you be releasing this for the 4.4.X platform?

RoeBoeDog 03-27-2013 05:34 PM

Why would they not include 4.5.2?

That really sucks

karina 03-28-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
When will the demo be live on your website?

We are working on it. As soon as the demo will be available I'll let you know via forum post.

karina 03-28-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
Why would they not include 4.5.2?
That really sucks

Thank you for your interest! The module will be available for v.4.5.0 - 4.5.2 within one week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Online Michael
Looks good! Will you be releasing this for the 4.4.X platform?

Thank you! Yes, we are planing to release the module for v.4.4.x within 1 month.

thebluedoorboutique 03-28-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karina
Thank you! Yes, we are planing to release the module for v.4.4.x within 1 month.

Good to know!

karina 04-01-2013 05:42 AM

The module is now compatible with X-Cart v.4.5.0 and above

RoeBoeDog 04-02-2013 06:28 PM

Thank you very very much for doing this. I just got it for my version.

kevinrm 04-02-2013 06:59 PM

I've used this for 2 days so far and already added 20 new Facebook fans, so this is working great so far...

Michael Burns 04-09-2013 06:06 AM

Karina,

I can't wait to see this working on my site 4.4.x I love the idea and can't wait to implement!

cflsystems 04-09-2013 10:53 AM

Slopy bug. This drove me crazy as well as my client until I found they have recently had this module installed. The module loads FB js library as HTTP only (hardcoded) which will cause insecure message on secure pages - like checkout page.... seriously....

File /skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/popup.js find

and replace with

Code:

var tmp_host = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https:" :
"http:"); // added by CFL Systems to fix bug in the module
js.src = tmp_host + "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js";

karina 04-10-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Slopy bug. This drove me crazy as well as my client until I found they have recently had this module installed. The module loads FB js library as HTTP only (hardcoded) which will cause insecure message on secure pages - like checkout page.... seriously....

Thank you, Steve!
The module file has been updated, the updated distributives is in File Area.

karina 04-10-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Burns
Karina,

I can't wait to see this working on my site 4.4.x I love the idea and can't wait to implement!

Thanks for your interest, Michael! The module will be available for v4.4 within 2 weeks.

kevinrm 04-14-2013 10:12 PM

There is one minor flaw with this mod I would like other potential purchasers to be aware of. One nice feature of the mod is that it will generate a discount coupon for a Facebook "like." The problem is, the mod ignores a product's "Apply Global Discounts" setting. So if you have a product which you do not offer discounts for, this mod will ignore that setting and offer the discount anyway. I have several high ticket items which I do not want to offer discounts for yet had one customer did a Facebook "like" and receive 5% discount on said item.

I put in a support ticket for this. There in no way to make this ignore non-discounted products. In order to do so would involve paying for customized service. I'm not willing to pay for that because it's an X-Cart mod which is ignoring an X-Cart setting - it should work and I shouldn't have to have any customization done, let alone pay for it. So I'll work around that somehow. Just so you are aware.

karina 04-15-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
There is one minor flaw with this mod I would like other potential purchasers to be aware of. One nice feature of the mod is that it will generate a discount coupon for a Facebook "like." The problem is, the mod ignores a product's "Apply Global Discounts" setting. So if you have a product which you do not offer discounts for, this mod will ignore that setting and offer the discount anyway. I have several high ticket items which I do not want to offer discounts for yet had one customer did a Facebook "like" and receive 5% discount on said item.

I put in a support ticket for this. There in no way to make this ignore non-discounted products. In order to do so would involve paying for customized service. I'm not willing to pay for that because it's an X-Cart mod which is ignoring an X-Cart setting - it should work and I shouldn't have to have any customization done, let alone pay for it. So I'll work around that somehow. Just so you are aware.

Kevin, let me please explain how the module generate discounts.

X-Cart allows to provide discounts to your customers with two different solutions: Global Discounts and Discount Coupons.

The module Pop-up Anywhere generates discount coupon (default X-Cart module 'Discount Coupons'), not global discount. 'Apply global discount' setting from product modify page and discount coupon are unrelated.

Generated discount coupons are applicable to all products in cart. By default X-Cart does not allow to exclude certain products from applying coupon discount. It is required to add 'Apply discount coupon' checkbox to product modify page to add coupon exclusion for certain products. By the way this idea is in the ideas list: http://ideas.x-cart.com/forums/32109-x-cart-future-versions/suggestions/3213612-add-coupon-exclusion-on-product-detail-page . You can vote for it.

As the possible solution: it may be better to offer absolute discount (for example $3.00) for Facebook Like. In this case the discount will not be big for expensive items.

kevinrm 04-15-2013 02:00 AM

Okay, I see the differentiation more clearly now.

It would be nice if it just gave a percentage off but for now, I'll work around it. Thank you for the explanation.

candc 05-09-2013 11:12 AM

Any updates on 4.4.x compatability?

karina 05-10-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candc
Any updates on 4.4.x compatability?

Yes, the Pop-up Anywhere module is now compatible with X-Cart 4.4.0 and above.

ADDISON 05-17-2013 12:44 PM

This seems to be a "must have" module. I would like to ask you as follows:

1) Can I set up a pop-up from time to time? This will help me not having in mind controlling the exposure ime, just set it up and go. Let's say I would like to set it up from May the 30th to June the 15th. It is in the future and this pop-up will appear without doing other things.

2) Can I set up a pop-up to appear only in a category/product/manufacturer/static or other page I want?

3) What other features do you plan for adding to this module?

kevfromwiganinlancashire 05-18-2013 02:32 PM

Hello Karina,

When is it coming to your demo store so we can see it in action?

karina 05-21-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevfromwiganinlancashire
Hello Karina,

When is it coming to your demo store so we can see it in action?

The demo is now available at our dev server: DEMO STORE

Once you open this URL, you will be prompted to enter login and password. Here it is:
Login: demo-popup
Password: demo-popup

Admin login: demo-popup
Admin password: demo-popup455

Here is some links related to the module:

1. Pop-ups management

2. 'Sign-up to newsletter' popup is available for 'Gifts' category page.

3. Popup with custom template is available for 'Binary Mom' product page

Links to demo store may be changed later, I will update my post accordingly.

karina 05-21-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADDISON
This seems to be a "must have" module.

Thank you for your feedback!

Quote:

1) Can I set up a pop-up from time to time? This will help me not having in mind controlling the exposure ime, just set it up and go. Let's say I would like to set it up from May the 30th to June the 15th. It is in the future and this pop-up will appear without doing other things.

I agree, nice feature, it was in my plan for future updates of the module.

Quote:

2) Can I set up a pop-up to appear only in a category/product/manufacturer/static or other page I want?

This feature is already supported by the module. Please have a look at the manual 'Managing Pop-up Anywhere' section. There is the 'Configuring pop-up behaviour' section, it contains two settings 'Pop-up will be shown on pages with URL containing' and 'Pop-up will not be shown on pages with URL containing'.

Quote:

3) What other features do you plan for adding to this module?

I would be thankfull to you if you point me what other features will be usefull in this module. It will help me to expand module functionality in the right way so it can be effective for your stores.

ADDISON 05-21-2013 06:12 AM

Thank you for your reply Great you like my idea and want to improve.

@off-topic: Please update also Yes/No issue in Advanced Customer Reviews. If I press Yes accidentally or I would like to change my opinion I cannot revert that.

kevfromwiganinlancashire 05-21-2013 04:29 PM

Thank you Karina, have had a look and it looks promising. Like ADDISON asks, to be able to schedule the popup into the future is a must have feature.

I'm just having a new store install, in a few weeks if you manage to develop it any further I might buy it.

karina 05-22-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

@off-topic: Please update also Yes/No issue in Advanced Customer Reviews. If I press Yes accidentally or I would like to change my opinion I cannot revert that.

Yes, this feature will be in the next version of the module. The new version will be released with the new X-Cart version.

karina 05-22-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevfromwiganinlancashire
Thank you Karina, have had a look and it looks promising. Like ADDISON asks, to be able to schedule the popup into the future is a must have feature.

I'm just having a new store install, in a few weeks if you manage to develop it any further I might buy it.

Thank you for your feedback! If you have any ideas how to improve the module, please, let me know.

candc 05-22-2013 04:15 AM

Struggling a bit with this one, can't seem to get it to work.

Has anyone installed this on 4.4.4 by any chance, or are there any differences when installing on 4.4.x?

karina 05-22-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Struggling a bit with this one, can't seem to get it to work.

Has anyone installed this on 4.4.4 by any chance, or are there any differences when installing on 4.4.x?

Does the problem related to administrator area or customer?

If it's about customer area and your store uses 3rd party skin it's required to patch its files manually. The instructions of how to do it is available in the module manual 'How to patch a 3rd party skin'

If it doesn't help can you please check your logs (<xcart_dir>/var/log/x-errors_php_<current_date>.php). Are there any errors related to the module?

candc 05-22-2013 06:26 AM

Thankyou Karina,

Nothing in admin or customer, no errors in our logs.

I have already checked the manual, and manually patched the /common files/

I will double check it all again, probably missing something.

We dont have this module though
./modules/Add_to_cart_popup/product_added.js.patch

karina 05-22-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Thankyou Karina,

Nothing in admin or customer, no errors in our logs.

I have already checked the manual, and manually patched the /common files/

I will double check it all again, probably missing something.

I have a look at your store and it seems that js file was patched correctly. I see the js-code for the module.
I would also suggest to check following:
1. Required popup is enabled (Enable = Yes) in admin area 'Pop-ups management' page.
2. Popup is configured correctly: check 'Popup will be shown on pages with URL' and 'Popup will not be shown on pages with URL' settings.

If it still doesn't work, just post a new ticket via HelpDesk and we will try to sort it out for you.

Quote:

We dont have this module though
./modules/Add_to_cart_popup/product_added.js.patch

The 'Add to cart popup' module is available still 4.5.3. So it's OK that your store doesn't have it. It doesn't affect Pop-up Anywhere functionality.

candc 05-22-2013 07:06 AM

Thankyou for your help Karina,

I have rerun the installation and rechecked all the manual patches were ok.

There is now a popup so something wasnt quite right :D

Just need to work out how to get the coupon code displayed for the Facebook like and check the other options out.

Getting there now.

candc 05-22-2013 07:49 AM

I am finding the Facebook popup still continues to appear after you have clicked to like.

The demo site is the same for me, should it not stop appearing?

karina 05-22-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

I am finding the Facebook popup still continues to appear after you have clicked to like.

The demo site is the same for me, should it not stop appearing?

Please change the settings of the pop-up: set 'Pop-up will be shown:' to 'One time per N days' instead of 'Every time page is load'.

I've also changed this settings on the demo store.

beetlejuice 05-28-2013 11:41 PM

Looks like a great addon Karina but I would like to see the option if it is possible, to have the pop-up appear when a word, sentence or paragraph is highlightedin the description area of a product.

beetlejuice

kevinrm 05-29-2013 01:58 AM

Having a rather interesting problem with this mod. My shop is based on the Japanese yen. I have the multi-currency mod installed. The Japanese yen does not have a decimal mark on it's prices. If I want to give a fixed discount of say, ╔200 yen, it will not accept the "╔" mark as valid and returns a blank field. It will only accept the "$" mark despite my cart currency being in Japanese yen. Likewise, it won't accept just "200" or "200.00". If I put $2 (approximate equivalent of ╔200 yen), I believe when the discount is given it will only give ╔2 instead of ╔200. So how can I make this discount fixed at ╔200? It won't accept that yen symbol.

karina 05-30-2013 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
Having a rather interesting problem with this mod. My shop is based on the Japanese yen. I have the multi-currency mod installed. The Japanese yen does not have a decimal mark on it's prices. If I want to give a fixed discount of say, ╔200 yen, it will not accept the "╔" mark as valid and returns a blank field. It will only accept the "$" mark despite my cart currency being in Japanese yen. Likewise, it won't accept just "200" or "200.00". If I put $2 (approximate equivalent of ╔200 yen), I believe when the discount is given it will only give ╔2 instead of ╔200. So how can I make this discount fixed at ╔200? It won't accept that yen symbol.

Kevin, thank you for informing me about this issue.

The issue is related to vizualization of the coupon discount, the coupon is generated with the right discount.
I've applied the changes to 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/social_plugin.tpl' to fix the issue, the updated version is attached.

Please, note, the '$' sign on the popup settings page in admin area is required to specify that it's 'absolute' discount. It's not possible to define absolute discount in any certain currency. The coupon is generated in primary currency of the store.

Please, follow this instruction to fix the issue on your store:
1. Upload modified file 'social_plugin.tpl' to <xcart_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/ directory.
2. Specify coupon discount as '$200' if yen is your primary currency or as '$2' if USD is your primary currency.

I've tested modified file on my dev installation X-Cart 4.5.5 Gold Plus (X-Multicurrency is enabled) with 'Yen' as primary currency. Coupon discount for Facebook Like is specified as '$200'. Pop-up shows me the following text:
1. If 'USD' is choosen in customer area:
"JOIN US ON FACEBOOK AND ENJOY $2.00 OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER"
2. If 'Yen' is choosen in customer area:
"JOIN US ON FACEBOOK AND ENJOY ╔200.00 OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER"

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.