X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Simple Continue Shopping Button (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=19795)

2coolbaby 02-07-2006 12:48 PM

Simple Continue Shopping Button

This is the mod for a simple Continue Shopping button in your cart. It returns the customer to the home page. There is another topic for those wanting much more control, but it seemed over complicated and troublesome. This is all I needed and I am sure others felt the same.

Open /customer/main/cart.tpl

Find:

Quote:

<TD align="right">
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_checkout style="button" href="cart.php?mode=checkout"}

Paste this code after the above code:

Quote:

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping style="button" href="home.php"}

oracle9i 02-26-2006 12:19 AM

FANTASTIC

most useful line in x-cart history :lol:

gump 02-28-2006 04:39 AM

thanks that really helped me out.

timbrrr 03-01-2006 07:37 AM

Kudos to you for this mod!... how simple but how awesome!! Thanks for such a usefull piece of code modification!

smartoption 03-07-2006 11:32 AM

Re: Simple Continue Shopping Button

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
This is the mod for a simple Continue Shopping button in your cart. It returns the customer to the home page. There is another topic for those wanting much more control, but it seemed over complicated and troublesome. This is all I needed and I am sure others felt the same.

Open /customer/main/cart.tpl

Find:

Quote:

<TD align="right">
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_checkout style="button" href="cart.php?mode=checkout"}

Paste this code after the above code:

Quote:

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping style="button" href="home.php"}

This is good, works fine. Do you know how to add a VIEW CART or CHECKOUT button on the page where you click ADD TO CART? I have set this up so that it just adds the product to the cart but does not redirect you anywhere, so, i would like the VIEW CART or/and CHECKOUT buttons to be on the page.

Thanks

2coolbaby 03-07-2006 11:42 AM

All of that should be on all your other pages of the shopping cart. Mine is in the upper right corner. This is standard in x-cart. They are not buttons but they are links.

smartoption 03-07-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

All of that should be on all your other pages of the shopping cart. Mine is in the upper right corner. This is standard in x-cart. They are not buttons but they are links.

This is true...... but .... it looks good to have them as buttons aswell.

2coolbaby 03-07-2006 12:14 PM

Well maybe someone else can help you. It took me 1/2 the day just to figure out the Continue Shopping button! :lol:

smartoption 03-07-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Well maybe someone else can help you. It took me 1/2 the day just to figure out the Continue Shopping button! :lol:

lol, some days it all seams so easy, other days i just get brain mash. Thanks anyway. :D

Chris B 03-06-2007 08:51 PM

Re: Simple Continue Shopping Button

Or for better button layout insert the following:

<TR>
<TD colspan="2">
&nbsp;
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
&nbsp;
</TD>
<TD align="right">
</TD>
</TR>

right after:
<TD align="right">
</TD>
</TR>