X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Marketing Manager Pro Bundle Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=30271)

marlo 04-06-2007 01:51 PM

Marketing Manager Pro Bundle Questions

I want to purchase this product, but have a couple questions and can not get any response from firetank. So far, I can not get them to respond to me. It has been about 2 weeks and I submitted two requests to them on their support site. It isn't usually a good idea to buy from a company that doesn't even answer your sales questions. What happens if there is a problem with the purchase or I need help after I pay?

Anyone else have problems getting a hold of them?

My questions are:
Is it compatible with X-Cart Pro. I couldn't find any mention of this on their site.

We have done some customization to X-Cart, will that be a problem?

Thanks,
Marlo

balinor 04-06-2007 02:27 PM

Re: Marketing Manager Pro Bundle Questions

It will work fine with Pro and customizations shouldn't matter as it runs outside the X-Cart template system.

When you have a moment, can you update your signature with your X-Cart version? Thanks! :)

marlo 04-06-2007 02:51 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know if others are having issues with getting support from firetank...is the lack of response normal? I am concerned about purchasing from them. We may have a problem with the install or some other issue and need to contact them.

balinor 04-06-2007 03:05 PM

I can't speak to the technical support, as I buy all my mods from BCS Engineering, but I have asked questions to Firetank directly about their mods in the past and have never received a response, so perhaps that is normal. From other posts in the forum, I get the feeling they use a help desk system that may cause return e-mails to be flagged as spam.

carpeperdiem 04-06-2007 03:48 PM

I have not had any support issues with Firetank. I own MMpro and I had a question post-install, and they answered the next day. No issues.

My site is heavily modded and MMPro went right in. It was very simple to integrate. Took 5 minutes.

cotc2001 04-06-2007 05:21 PM

Same here in that i never have any problems with support emails.
Depending on the time of day (because of the time difference) I usually get a reply within a few hours.

I'd class the MM bundle as one of the "must have" x-cart add on purchases

BCSE 04-07-2007 08:54 AM

We have many many clients running it on modified sites. Most of our X-cart pro customers also use it too. The only thing that Marketing Manager Pro depends on, is that the information is in the database as it would be in a typical X-cart install. Most modified sites have "modified" tables or new tables added to it, as long as the original x-cart structure for customer tables, order tables, etc are in-tact then things should be fine. We've been selling their software for many years now (3 or 4, I forget!) and we haven't had any troubles yet.

Carrie

marlo 04-07-2007 09:13 AM

Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and purchased it yesterday. I am waiting to receive the download link and instructions. I want to install it this weekend, so hopefully I will receive them soon.

groovico 04-09-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balinor
I can't speak to the technical support, as I buy all my mods from BCS Engineering, but I have asked questions to Firetank directly about their mods in the past and have never received a response, so perhaps that is normal. From other posts in the forum, I get the feeling they use a help desk system that may cause return e-mails to be flagged as spam.

Hi Balinor,

Any chance you could PM me which email addresses you used, you should have certainly have recieved reponses from us, we did have an issue at one time where emails were not working correctly with our helpdesk but I believe this has all been resolved.

groovico 04-09-2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlo
Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and purchased it yesterday. I am waiting to receive the download link and instructions. I want to install it this weekend, so hopefully I will receive them soon.

Hi Marlo,

If you ordered it directly you should have recieved it by now, please Private message me if you didn't.