X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Getting error when migrate data (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=76669)

chandresh 11-30-2018 02:02 AM

Getting error when migrate data

I am getting error XLite\Module\XC\MigrationWizard\Logic\Migration\St ep\DetectTransferableData::getPlatformVersion(

when migrate data from xcart 4 to 5

cflsystems 12-05-2018 09:49 AM

Re: Getting error when migrate data

You shouldn't be using this tool to migrate data form XC4 to XC5. It never worked right.
Not to mention it cannot and will not migrate any non-stock XC data you have including XC own modules.

qualiteam 12-06-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
You shouldn't be using this tool to migrate data form XC4 to XC5. It never worked right.
Not to mention it cannot and will not migrate any non-stock XC data you have including XC own modules.

Not sure if you are aware of that or not, but we recently launched an offer to migrate to X-Cart 5 free of charge for Classic platform owners.
All migrations (a little over 20 so far, more in progress) there are completed with the Migration Wizard.
The tool has improved a lot during last few months, it even works with 4.1 now.
However you are right, Steve, it will not migrate custom data.

qualiteam 12-06-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandresh
I am getting error XLite\Module\XC\MigrationWizard\Logic\Migration\St ep\DetectTransferableData::getPlatformVersion(

when migrate data from xcart 4 to 5

Has the module been upgraded to the latest version?
What is the origin X-Cart version?

cflsystems 12-06-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualiteam
Not sure if you are aware of that or not, but we recently launched an offer to migrate to X-Cart 5 free of charge for Classic platform owners.
All migrations (a little over 20 so far, more in progress) there are completed using the Migration Wizard.
The tool has improved a lot during last few months, it even works with 4.1 now.
However you are right, Steve, it will not migrate custom data.

Yes I know about the offer.
I have not used the wizard recently but last time I tried (probably 5-6 months ago) it still didn't work properly and it was so slow I could have manually entered the data faster...
I don't know how it works now. However without being able to map the input and output this wizard will not work for like at least 80% of the XC4 stores.

Still the best way to do the data transfer and account for all data and keep all ids is to use custom scripts and import directly in database.

BCSE 12-07-2018 12:44 PM

We use custom scripts too. Just makes the most sense in most cases.

Carrie

gomodern 12-13-2018 04:49 AM

We are having a nightmare migrating. Ive asked xcart about doing it but I think they are busy. Can anyone offer a service to do it for us? We want it done really quickly. Heres what I wrote in the other forum -

We have been trying for several days using the migration tool to migrate our data to xcart 5 (Business with variants add ons & shop by brand add on) from xcart (gold) 4.1.8 & it just isnt working.

Firstly the migration time is HOURS. Over 8 hours, usually closer to 20. Thats not normal surely? Even exporting/importing spreadsheets seems to take forever. But its the data itself Im really having problems with, specifically the variants & modifiers. Currently we only have a tiny handful of products we have applied variants to, usually we use modifiers (which we are changing to variants once we switch). We have around 3500 products with modifier menus, some have up to 6 menus. Xcart 4 of course only uses LOCAL variant/modifier menus & so we will need to keep these as local changing them one by one as we set up the new system.

So, either the menus dont get carried across at all OR they end up in global attributes (with no name on them so we have no idea what they are). That gave me over 2000 global attributes which we have deleted but given we have tried this import on numerous ocassions & got the same result I dont think it will work.

It also doesnt carry the manufacturers name across (the brand is a BIG part of our products). It seems manufacturer (brand) is now an attribute. We also have an extra field for designer which isnt being imported.

All of this is nothing but a huge headache. Why does a 'simple' importer that supposedly works in minutes simply not work? We cant possibly set up over 3000 products with new menus just because xcart cant import the data.

cflsystems 12-13-2018 11:16 AM

Like I mentioned - the migration wizard will not work for anything but small and simple data pool.
To properly migrate XC4 to XC5 you need to use custom scripts tailored to your data and requirements.

Using XC admin to import/export data has been a snail from the very beginning of XC5. Unless you are trying to import like 50-60 products at a time it will take forever and eventually time out at times.

BCSE 12-13-2018 11:46 AM

You could just upgrade to x-cart 4.7.10 for now. ;)

We could quote upgrading you to the latest 4 or to X-cart 5. We'd need to have some more details. If you're interested in more info drop us an email:
https://www.bcsengineering.com/free_quote/

Like Steve said, a custom import script is the best solution here.

Carrie