X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   4 Level SEO friendly Flyout Menus (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=32534)

leannew 11-29-2008 08:20 AM

Re: 4 Level SEO friendly Flyout Menus

Hi,I have been using this fly out menu for about a year now and it works fine .The only problem I am having is I have lost the "CATEGORY" title bar at the top of the category list .Has anyone got a fix for this by any chance ?

JWait 11-29-2008 08:44 AM

Make sure you have...

{include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu cellpadding=$fc_cellpadding}

at the bottom of the skin1/menus/vert.tpl. The menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories part is what displays the title. Make sure it is not blank in your "Languages" section of admin.

alru111 11-29-2008 02:36 PM

can disappearance of the menu be delayed by means of JS?

leannew 11-30-2008 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
Make sure you have...

{include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu cellpadding=$fc_cellpadding}
at the bottom of the skin1/menus/vert.tpl. The menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories part is what displays the title. Make sure it is not blank in your "Languages" section of admin.

Thanks for the quick response.Now if only I have a skin1/menus/vert.tpl.
The original 4 level flyout instructions did not specify to create one .I created skin1/menu/menu.tpl+ //menu.js+// menu. css.I already had skin1/menu.tpl and skin 1.menu_profile.tpl.
Languages is not blank

JWait 11-30-2008 07:28 AM

My bad. We are using the mod from http://www.xcartmods.co.uk.
How old is your version? I asked about this and found there was an updated one. The one we had on our x-cart 4.0.19 site had the folder named "v4menu". The new version had us name the folder "menus".

leannew 11-30-2008 08:05 PM

I am using 4.0.19.I am using the ALLTRIBES fly out menu as above .I do not "vmenu" or 'menus"

leannew 01-11-2009 07:03 PM

If anyone is interested I put this flyout inside the "pure css round corner menu ."This solved both problems of not having category title as in prevoius post and uniforming the design .
In menu/menu tpl
<div class="xrounded">
<b class="xtop"><b class="xb1"></b><b class="xb2 color_a">
</b><b class="xb3 color_a"></b><b class="xb4 color_a"></b></b>
<div class="xboxcontent">
<h1 class="color_a">Categories</h1>
<div><p>
{$menu_content}</p></div>
</div>
<ul id="navmenu">
{section name=l1_cat_num loop=$categories}
{if $categories[l1_cat_num].parentid eq 0}
<li><a href="home.php?cat={$categories[l1_cat_num].categoryid}" alt="{$categories[l1_cat_num].category}">{$categories[l1_cat_num].category}{if $categories[l1_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}+</a>{else}</a></li>{/if}
{if $categories[l1_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}
<ul>
{section name=l2_cat_num loop=$allcategories}
{if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].parentid eq $categories[l1_cat_num].categoryid}
<li><a href="home.php?cat={$allcategories[l2_cat_num].categoryid}" alt="{$allcategories[l2_cat_num].category}">{$allcategories[l2_cat_num].category}{if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}+</a>{else}</a></li>{/if}
{if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}
<ul>
{section name=l3_cat_num loop=$allcategories}
{if $allcategories[l3_cat_num].parentid eq $allcategories[l2_cat_num].categoryid}
<li><a href="home.php?cat={$allcategories[l3_cat_num].categoryid}" alt="{$allcategories[l3_cat_num].category}">{$allcategories[l3_cat_num].category}{if $allcategories[l3_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}+</a>{else}</a></li>{/if}
{if $allcategories[l3_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}
<ul>
{section name=l4_cat_num loop=$allcategories}
{if $allcategories[l4_cat_num].parentid eq $allcategories[l3_cat_num].categoryid}
<li><a href="home.php?cat={$allcategories[l4_cat_num].categoryid}" alt="{$allcategories[l4_cat_num].category}">{$allcategories[l4_cat_num].category}</a></li>
{/if}{/section}</ul></li>
{/if}{/if}{/section}</ul></li>
{/if}{/if}{/section}</ul>
<b class="xbottom"><b class="xb4"></b><b class="xb3"></b>
<b class="xb2"></b><b class="xb1"></b></b>
</div>
I also adjusted the width in skin 1 css

mashing 07-09-2009 12:57 PM

Anybody else having an issue with the v4menu in IE 8?

mashing 07-09-2009 01:18 PM

... never mind, figured it out. Just change all of the [if IE 7] to [if gte IE 7].

MrHeeltoe 08-14-2009 11:25 AM

Installed and working on my 4.0.18 cart, but why doesn't is fly out for all cats? I modded the code to only fly out only one level, but it seems to only want to do it for some of them not all of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0

<ul id="navmenu">
{section name=l1_cat_num loop=$categories}
{if $categories[l1_cat_num].parentid eq 0}
<li><a href="home.php?cat={$categories[l1_cat_num].categoryid}" alt="{$categories[l1_cat_num].category}">{$categories[l1_cat_num].category}{if $categories[l1_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}</a>{else}</a></li>{/if}
{if $categories[l1_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}
<ul>
{section name=l2_cat_num loop=$allcategories}
{if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].parentid eq $categories[l1_cat_num].categoryid}
<li><a href="home.php?cat={$allcategories[l2_cat_num].categoryid}" alt="{$allcategories[l2_cat_num].category}">{$allcategories[l2_cat_num].category}{if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}</a>{else}</a></li>{/if}
{if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0}

{/if}{/if}{/section}</ul>