X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Seperate Thumbnail Image Uploads (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=9547)

deonya 09-24-2004 11:30 PM

Seperate Thumbnail Image Uploads

I have see a few people on the forum looking for a way to have a different image view from the thumbnail upload. Well I have something that might help them accomplish this.

In your <xcart_dir>/skin1/custom/main/product.tpl file, find the following part of code:

Code:

<TD valign="top" align="left" rowspan="2" width="100">
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid
image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product
tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail"}
</TD>

and replace it with this:
Code:

<TD valign="top" align="left" rowspan="2">
{if $images.0.avail eq "Y"}
{if $images.0.tmbn_url}
[img]{$images.0.tmbn_url}[/img]
{else}
[img]{$xcart_web_dir}/product_image.php?imageid={$images.0.imageid}[/img]
{/if}
{else}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid
image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$product.product
tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail"}
{/if}
</TD>

This mod will make it so that on the product preview page instead of displaying the thumbnail again it will display the detailed image you upload. This will also create a small problem, your detailed image will be displayed on the page twice. To stop that from happening do this.

In your <xcart_dir>/skin1/modules/Detailed_Product_Images/product_images.tpl file replace the following:
Code:

{section name=image loop=$images}
with this
Code:

{section name=image loop=$images start=1}

Witch will make it skip over the first added detailed image and only display images added after the first.

If you decide not to upload a second detailed image the detailed image box will still appear with no content and you fix that by doing this.
In your <xcart_dir>/skin1/modules/Detailed_Product_Images/product_images.tpl file replace the following:
Code:

{if $images ne ""}
with this
Code:

{if $images ne "" and count($images) ne 1}

If done correctly when uploading a new product you can upload the thumbnail, then upload a detailed image to be displayed is the products main view, and you still have the ability to add more detailed images that will appear in the correct place.

I use this mod on my site now check it out the site is not compleat so theres only one product under logo templates.
http://www.pixellab.biz

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did! :lol:

**MODERATOR EDIT - I have updated the code per the fix listed later in this post. Enjoy! - Padraic**

EnriqueHavoc 09-25-2004 12:13 AM

sweet! been looking for a way to do this for awhile, i will give it a try soon. very nice deonya!

deonya 09-25-2004 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnriqueHavoc
sweet! been looking for a way to do this for awhile, i will give it a try soon. very nice deonya!

Glad to help!

mffowler 09-26-2004 09:49 AM

Deonya,

Thank you for providing this viable solution to the many workarounds. I have modified the tpls's with the code, but it receives a parse error when implementing:

Code:

{if $images ne ""}
with
Code:

{if $images ne "" and count($images) 1}

Quote:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/michael/public_html/store/templates_c/%%A2^A2B^A2BE44E9%%product_images.tpl.php on line 5

Ideas? Many thanks for your assistance.

- Mike

mffowler 11-03-2004 07:14 PM

Anyone know what the correct syntax of:

Code:

I would love to be able to not have a blank detailed image box when there isn't a second one (per this post).
Thanks,

Mike.//

cotc2001 11-03-2004 11:09 PM

Very nice im going to try this , this mroning.

cotc2001 11-04-2004 12:16 AM

Bizzare, still just seems to show the thumbnail image, even though there is a detailed image uploaded (4.0.5)

mffowler 11-04-2004 05:51 AM

Works fine in all of my 4.x installs. Although without the image count code, you'll get a blank "Detailed Image" box when there is not a 2nd detailed image.

If you don't see anything, I suspect:

1. You product image is still scaling down to the desired thumbnail size or you only have 1 detailed image. You'll need three images for Deonya's code to be effective.

mike.//

cotc2001 11-04-2004 06:08 AM

K i'll try again.

Need to make it work with boomers tab mod as well

mustang 01-23-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mffowler
Anyone know what the correct syntax of:

Code:

I would love to be able to not have a blank detailed image box when there isn't a second one (per this post).
Thanks,

Mike.//

Deonya - Thanks! Works great!

One small error in the code is that last part that Mike noted above. The correct syntax of the last line should be
Code:

{if $images ne "" and count($images) ne 1}

(The last 'ne' was left out. :) )

Thanks again Deonya!