X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Category Second Description for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74416)

cflsystems 09-09-2016 01:16 PM

Category Second Description for X-Cart 5

Today we released new module for X-Cart 5 - Category Second Description. This module adds an additional description field for categories. On the store front it shows on the category page below all products. This is great to add additional content on the categories pages without pushing products down the page.

Few screenshots

For more detailed description head to the module's official page - https://www.cflsystems.com/category-second-description-for-x-cart-5.html

cflsystems 09-09-2016 01:28 PM

Re: Category Second Description for X-Cart 5

This module for now is available to X-Cart 5.3.x version only. If there is enough interest for it for earlier versions we will consider releasing it for 5.2.x as well. Just get in touch and let us know.

totaltec 09-10-2016 08:35 AM

Very nice! Great way to add more content to the page.

cflsystems 09-11-2016 03:52 PM

This module is now available for XC 5.2.x as well.

kevinrm 09-12-2016 01:33 AM

Using XC 5.2.x, I'm having a hard time getting the second description to "stick", every time I save or refresh it, the descriptions disappears. Then I got it to stick by re-caching the store. Then I added second descriptions and when I re-cached the store again for another module, all my second descriptions disappeared. There is something not working correctly here.

Basically, every time the store is re-cached, the second description disappears.

Further, as a suggestion - it would be super helpful to have a second description box on the Front Page because a lot of products are listed there and having text below that would be SEO beneficial, especially on the landing page.

cflsystems 09-12-2016 05:15 AM

Hi Kevin

I'll look into this. Did not see it happen at time of development though. Which 5.2.x version you have?

kevinrm 09-12-2016 06:36 AM

5.2.17 - latest version

cflsystems 09-12-2016 07:32 AM

Hm not happening to me on my dev store. Latest 5.2.x as well. Can you open a ticket with details - https://www.cflsystems.com/support/

Please add any errors you see in the log files. Thanks.

kevinrm 09-12-2016 10:18 AM

It turns out there is no problem with this module at all, there is some issue going on with a custom module interfering with recache and registration of modules. Thanks to CFL Systems for looking at this for me.

cflsystems 09-12-2016 12:01 PM

As it says above. Another merchant just installed the module and informed me everything is working smoothly and there are no issues at all.

cflsystems 09-12-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
Further, as a suggestion - it would be super helpful to have a second description box on the Front Page because a lot of products are listed there and having text below that would be SEO beneficial, especially on the landing page.

This has been added now to the module and update uploaded to market place.

kevinrm 09-13-2016 05:03 AM

Well, it quit working for us again. Every time store is re-cached, we lose our data. I contacted Qualteam, they said no problem on their end. Hmmm...

cflsystems 09-13-2016 05:22 AM

Sorry to hear that Kevin. It does not happen to me no matter how may times I regenerate the store. It has to be something with your particular cart. I am sure the data is there (as I checked yesterday). It simply not showing. But this has something to do with the cache generation - something does not get registered with the system. Try running it again.

kevinrm 09-15-2016 01:56 AM

I believe the issue has some relationship with the backup module, I would be curious to know if the store you used also had this module installed. We currently had a fix for the backup module done and it seems to have cleared up this problem.

mgwashburn 12-04-2016 08:15 PM

this module helped pull our two main money making category pages from middle of page 2 of google to spot 3-4 on page one.

Fantastic, it has paid for itself 1000 times over. Highly recommend.

kevinrm 12-04-2016 08:49 PM

Yeah, I like this module too. CFL modules are really well thought out and work well.

cflsystems 12-04-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgwashburn
this module helped pull our two main money making category pages from middle of page 2 of google to spot 3-4 on page one.

I know content is important but I honestly did not expect something like this. This is great Marc. I am happy this idea of yours paid off and so fast.

GlasPak 12-29-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Did you add more content or is it just the layout changed your ranking?

mgwashburn 12-29-2016 08:44 AM

added massive amount of content, you are welcome to see the implementation of this module on this page:

https://www.naturalbathbody.com/natural-sea-sponges/

everything below the categories and the best sellers section is the new content. it is roughly an increase by 500%.

Our SERPS on the main two keywords for this page (sea sponge, sea sponges & natural sponges) went from the middle of page 2 of Google to spots 1 - 3 of page 1.

this module has increase our sales by more than 50% and is well worth it.

GlasPak 12-29-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

added massive amount of content, you are welcome to see the implementation of this module on this page:

https://www.naturalbathbody.com/natural-sea-sponges/

everything below the categories and the best sellers section is the new content. it is roughly an increase by 500%.

Our SERPS on the main two keywords for this page (sea sponge, sea sponges & natural sponges) went from the middle of page 2 of Google to spots 1 - 3 of page 1.

this module has increase our sales by more than 50% and is well worth it.

What skin is that? Crisp white?

mgwashburn 06-08-2017 10:01 AM

sorry about missing your question...it was a long time ago, but I wanted to answer it for you.

The theme is the default x-cart theme, we simply made a lot of changes to the css file to change from the orange color our company blue color.

cflsystems 02-26-2019 08:21 AM

Added support for AMP so the second description now shows if pages are served through the AMP module.

mgwashburn 06-19-2019 07:57 PM

Wow, thank you for that fix, I now have 1/2 of my sales coming in via mobile so AMP is important.

I just paid to extend support on your great SEO plug-in.

what is the current version? I have 5.3.1.1, but want to make sure this is the latest version that fixes working correctly with AMP.

thanks again for such a great plug-in

MArc

cflsystems 06-20-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

what is the current version? I have 5.3.1.1, but want to make sure this is the latest version that fixes working correctly with AMP.

Whatever shows for you in your admin area is the latest.