X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=48000)

NelsonLaRocca 06-09-2009 08:31 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
I╢m currently running 4.1.11 with a lot of add ons both from x-cart as well other parties. As we plan to launch our 2nd site without external modules it would be nice to start right from the 4.3 branch.

xplorer 06-09-2009 09:38 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosierglass
OK time for some honest opinion. How far into 2010 do you think it will be before v5 will be deemed stable?


There are no more "stable" and "development" X-Cart versions. We do our best and change our development processes towards getting new X-Cart versions stable with their first releases.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Tech
so the AOM - RMA modules as well as the fancy categories will be available as an upgrade to 4.2.1?



I can't answer this question right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Tech
i would also just like to double check that if i am still running a standard 4.2.1 cart with no aditional 3rd party mods, will my altered templates be affected when doing the upgrade?



There will be no scripts upgrading the source code (and templates) to 4.3. The script will upgrade the database only. You'll have to upgrade the code manually or order commercial upgrade services (from our company or any third-party developers).

Quote:

Originally Posted by smncc
I am new here and just read this post. I currently have XCart Pro 4.2.1 and am having issues trying to set up LinkPoint. So if I understand this correctly, as soon as I figure this issue out AND if I upgrade to the newer version, I will not be able to accept payments via LinkPoint. Is this correct?



Linkpoint is replaced with Global Gateway:
http://www.linkpoint.com/

So, I guess, if you had an account with Linkpoint, now you are to use Global Gateway. 4.3 will be integrated with Global Gateway.

xplorer 06-09-2009 10:47 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Tech
so the AOM - RMA modules as well as the fancy categories will be available as an upgrade to 4.2.1?


Yes, X-AOM and X-RMA modules will be available to all X-Cart 4.2 users free of charge when X-Cart 4.3 is released.

Phoenix Tech 06-14-2009 12:13 AM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xplorer
Yes, X-AOM and X-RMA modules will be available to all X-Cart 4.2 users free of charge when X-Cart 4.3 is released.


thanks much apreciated. again thumbs up on the whole x-cart team for their excellent support and service.:D/

hoosierglass 06-24-2009 11:17 AM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xplorer
There are no more "stable" and "development" X-Cart versions. We do our best and change our development processes towards getting new X-Cart versions stable with their first releases.



The following is a quote from Ene:
Quote:

The attached file contains patches that fix some annoying bugs of X-Cart v4.2.0.
If you use v4.2.0, I highly recommend you to apply it. After that your v4.2.0 will feel much better : -)

To me that is not stable. For years now upgrades have been released that have had all kinds of problems, but it generally still works. So once a version is release it is a couple of months or more before all the broken parts of x-cart are fixed. Until then those that upgrade are basically guinea pigs doing the beta testing. This is fine as I expect problems with new releases on software that upgraded often and I don't have to pay for upgrades. My point is people should not expect a bug free 4.3 or v.5 release.

Mike

cherie 06-24-2009 05:24 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
4.1 has been out for a very long time now and yet bugs are still being found. I don't think that makes it unstable.

Light Speed 06-24-2009 07:52 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherie
4.1 has been out for a very long time now and yet bugs are still being found. I don't think that makes it unstable.


That really depends on the type of bugs being found.

steve.thompson 06-24-2009 10:54 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xplorer
There will be no scripts upgrading the source code (and templates) to 4.3. The script will upgrade the database only. You'll have to upgrade the code manually or order commercial upgrade services (from our company or any third-party developers).


The sooner your programmers can separate programming / template / configuration, rather than having all hard-coded, the better for all concerned.

Steve.

ambal 06-30-2009 04:17 AM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
rock-n-roll
v4.3 beta is out there

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=48367

Victor D 06-30-2009 12:53 PM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3
 
Are you going to write a manual on custom smarty tags added in 4.2-4.3?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.