X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74277)

xplorer 08-04-2016 09:33 AM

Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5

In this thread you may ask any questions about "Abandoned Cart Reminder" module for X-Cart 5.

Also, I will post there updates with information on new releases.

xplorer 08-04-2016 09:34 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5

The new 5.2.11 version of the module fixes the incompatibility issue with Not Finished Orders module. Now duplicate carts won't appear on the Abandoned Carts page.

mhuckaby 11-05-2016 12:59 PM

Is there a way to query the x-cart database to retrieve the list of abandoned carts?

I cannot determine where the abandoned cart information is stored.

Thanks!
Mike

xplorer 11-06-2016 11:23 PM

You should compare the lastVisitDate column with the current timestamp and check whether enough seconds have passed since then - this is how the module retrieves the list of abandoned carts.

mhuckaby 11-07-2016 04:09 AM

I cannot find the lastVisitDate column - which table is it in? Also, where is the content of the cart stored?

qualiteam 11-07-2016 09:15 PM

The column is added by Abandoned Cart Reminder module.
Do you have this module installed in your X-Cart 5 store?

By the way, what is your X-Cart version? Please add it to your forum signature and read the forum rules.
Thanks!

sabinudash 11-18-2017 06:31 AM

Hi, it seems the mod does not send reminder emails automatically.

I have it set up to send reminder automatically in 1 hour (store setup > email notifications > cart reminders tab).

Abandoned cart cut-off time is 10 minutes for test purpose (my addons > Abandoned cart reminder module settings)

Even though I can see the abandoned orders (orders abandoned for test purpose) at Orders > Abandoned carts, it does not send the reminders automatically.

Is there anything I'm missing on this set up?

Appreciate any help. Thank you.

snowboard 11-20-2017 12:06 AM

Hi all,

I have a question about Abandoned cart reminder adddon for x cart 5.
I have set up abandonment time = x minutes.
I have set up email 1 at y hours after abandonment.
I have set up email 2 (with a coupon) at z hours after abandonment.

I have tested some abandoned carts and noticed:

1. Everytime I visit the cart (not even the checkout), I get sent another email 1. So I could be sent multiple email 1's if I visit the cart page more than once before I get email 2.

2. Even after I get email 2, if I revisit the cart, i get sent another email 1.

3. The next time 2 email 2 comes around, I get another email 2, this time, the non coupon version of the email.

So, basically, I can get sent many email 1's and many email 2's!

Is this the intended functionality of the module?

Hopefully an x cart staff can verify for me?

I am wondering, that it may be better to simply go through the sequence of email 1, then 2 email 2 just once?

(of course if the customer buys, then the sequence stops).

Or perhaps limit it to eg if a second abandonment occurs x days after the sequence is complete, another sequence can occur?

This would be safer to avoid complaints about multiple emails coming to the customer, as abandonment cart emails is based on abandoned cart, and not a sale, so permission is not as "strong" compared to a completed or even failed transaction.

Thanks for any insight into how the module is designed to work.

xplorer 11-20-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabinudash
Hi, it seems the mod does not send reminder emails automatically.

I have it set up to send reminder automatically in 1 hour (store setup > email notifications > cart reminders tab).

Abandoned cart cut-off time is 10 minutes for test purpose (my addons > Abandoned cart reminder module settings)

Even though I can see the abandoned orders (orders abandoned for test purpose) at Orders > Abandoned carts, it does not send the reminders automatically.

Is there anything I'm missing on this set up?

Appreciate any help. Thank you.

Did you configure your server to run the X-Cart script that start scheduled tasks?
Please check this article: https://kb.x-cart.com/modules/abandoned_cart_reminder/abandoned_cart_reminder_module_system_requirements ...tallation.html

xplorer 11-20-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboard
1. Everytime I visit the cart (not even the checkout), I get sent another email 1. So I could be sent multiple email 1's if I visit the cart page more than once before I get email 2.

It should not work this way. I tested the module recently and it was as follows: if you visit the cart it removes the cart from the list of abandoned carts, but doesn't drop the reminder counter.

Maybe the XC5 dev team has changed something in the new X-Cart version, so now it works differently. I will check this.

Quote:

2. Even after I get email 2, if I revisit the cart, i get sent another email 1.

If you change the cart, the module considers it to be a new cart. So, it resets the reminder counter (so the next reminder will be email 1).

Quote:

3. The next time 2 email 2 comes around, I get another email 2, this time, the non coupon version of the email.

Depending on the module settings, email 2 will include a coupon, or not.

Quote:

I am wondering, that it may be better to simply go through the sequence of email 1, then 2 email 2 just once?

It is hard to determine whether it is a new cart (so we should send new reminders), or a revised cart.

Let's say a customer added an item to cart and received both the emails. Then he returns back and adds another item.

Is it a new cart? Or is it a revised cart? If it is a revised cart, as per your description, there should be no reminders ever sent. However, I believe it is not what you want.

I had thoughts on this when designed the module and decided that it would be better to consider any revised cart as a new one (so it resets the reminder counter and starts from the email 1 again).

snowboard 11-20-2017 12:37 AM

Hi Slava,

I went back to the cart via the link in the email, and did not change the cart.

So it is not a new cart...

I tried both going to the cart page and not clicking to the checkout page, and also tested at another time, going to cart page then checkout page, but in both cases no change to the cart at all...

and I get repeat emails 1 and 2 (non coupon version if it is the second email 2).

For me, I agree, a revised cart or new cart is probably OK to start again... but for non revised, I am getting multiple emails, which it shouldn't...

I am using the module I purchased about a week ago, and I see that there is an update to it.

If I update, will it be the same functioning?

Thanks!

P.S. I am hosting with xcart

qualiteam 11-22-2017 07:15 AM

The update fixes a fatal error that happens on Abandoned Cart Statistics pages in some X-Cart versions.
It doesn't include any fix for the issues being discussed in this thread.

snowboard 11-29-2017 02:33 AM

Hi Alex,

With the issue of multiple email 1 and 2 being sent out, by revisiting the site, without cart being changed etc... as we mentioned, this is not the intended behaviour of the module.

X cart hosting says there seems the cron job is set up correctly.

If this is an issue related to the coding of the Abandoned Reminder module, can this be handled by paid support $199/month?

Or can they only handle issues related to eg incorrect installation of the module, and other simpler things, but not make these changes or fixes to the module itself?

Thanks!

xplorer 11-29-2017 09:49 PM

I've checked this on my local installation and I can confirm that this is how the module works at the moment (it how it was designed in the first place): when a customer visits the shop his cart is considered "abandoned" again, even if items in the cart didn't change.

Quote:

For me, I agree, a revised cart or new cart is probably OK to start again... but for non revised, I am getting multiple emails, which it shouldn't...

Yes, but...

1. Let's say a customer added a product to his cart and left the shop. You send them a reminder (email 1), then another one (email 2). The customer returns back, doesn't change items in the cart and leave the shop again. What should happen then? Should the module send "email 3" (or stop sending reminders if there is no "email 3")? Technically the customer has left the shop again, so without sending another email you cannot remind him of the abandoned cart.

2. Prices could change. So, from the technical point of view it is a revised cart.

snowboard 11-30-2017 12:16 AM

Hi Slava,

Thanks for the reply!

I wanted to check something...

If I define:
abandonment time as 1 hour
set email 1 to be sent at that time, and
set email 2 to be sent at 24 hours.

Then if the person returns to the cart 3 times in that 24 hour period, are they:

a) supposed to get 3 x email 1, before getting email 2?

Or

b) are they supposed to get email 1, then email 2 24 hours later (despite going back the 3 times in that 24 hrs)?

And, if the answer is a), ie they did visit 3 times in 24 hours, are they then going to email 1 sent 3 times plus 2 sent 3 times, or if not, how often is email 2 sent?

Thanks for claryfying!

xplorer 11-30-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

a) supposed to get 3 x email 1, before getting email 2

At the moment the module works this way.

Quote:

are they then going to email 1 sent 3 times plus 2 sent 3 times, or if not, how often is email 2 sent?

The module uses the last visit date to determine what reminder to send.

In your example, the automatic reminder function finds an abandoned cart the first time and sends email 1. Then the customer returns - this resets the last visit date. The reminder function finds this cart again, so it sends email 1 again. The same happens one more time, so another "email 1" is sent. Then 24 hours passes and the reminder function finds that this cart was left more than 24 hours ago, so it sends "email 2".

I don't say that this is the best way to send automatic e-mails and I appreciate your thoughts on this.

I can change the module so that it will use the first reminder's date (if any) instead of the last visit date. This will guarantee that the same reminder is never sent for the same cart unless items in the cart change. But it has its own drawback - if a user visits your site after you sent "email 2", there will be no more reminders at all. I'm not sure if this is what you need.

snowboard 11-30-2017 08:18 PM

Hi Slava,

Thanks for explaining, I do get what you mean about the pros and cons.

If it works by the current logic, it is more thorough in sending emails.

So in this situation, my question is:

If a person requests to not be sent any abandoned cart emails (sometimes this does occur and it is best to ensure we can comply to avoid major issues with our email providers), is there a place to put their email so that this person does not get send emails from the abandoned cart module?

I am thinking this because, if someone does not want to not receive them, or threatens spam complaint, then I will need to disable the entire addon to ensure no emails go to them...

Thanks

xplorer 12-04-2017 04:04 AM

Quote:

If a person requests to not be sent any abandoned cart emails (sometimes this does occur and it is best to ensure we can comply to avoid major issues with our email providers), is there a place to put their email so that this person does not get send emails from the abandoned cart module?

I am thinking this because, if someone does not want to not receive them, or threatens spam complaint, then I will need to disable the entire addon to ensure no emails go to them...

Good point! I will check what I can do there from my module.

snowboard 12-04-2017 04:36 AM

Hi Slava,

With the above, either manual unsubscribe as a temporary measure, or better, is automatic unsubscribe link on bottom of the email)

While you are looking into it, I was reading about best practices for abandoned cart emails land the articles were talking about the "Frequency Cap"

That is, after a customer receives one sequence of emails, then to use a feature to set "x" number of days, before they can get another email series sent to them.

Thanks for considering!

xplorer 12-13-2017 12:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The new 5.3.6 version of Abandoned Cart Reminder module has been released.

It introduces two new features:

1. In the module settings you can find a new checkbox that enables "Unsubscribe" link in email reminders about abandoned carts. If a customer follows the link, his e-mail address will no longer receive such e-mail reminders.

2. If you have expired coupons, a new button appear on the Coupons backend page. Clicking on the button will delete all expired coupons at once.

kevinrm 12-13-2017 10:55 AM

Great update, thank you!

snowboard 12-15-2017 02:57 AM

Hi Slava,

Thank you for the update, I look forward to testing it.

I have noticed that before the update to the module, as well as after, that if I try to reenable an email, that there is an error that says

Error: CouponExpire: The value of the couponExpire field must be greater than 1

even though the value is greater than 1.

I refresh the screen and the symbol to the left of the email is not green, but black, so it is not enabled.

When I try to disable it, it comes up with same message. So I can't enable or disable emails.

Can you please check this?

Thanks!

Dirk

xplorer 12-18-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Error: CouponExpire: The value of the couponExpire field must be greater than 1
even though the value is greater than 1.

This is not happening on my local X-Cart 5.3.3.7 installation.
Please could you attach a screenshot of the page before you click the Save button and see the error message?
Also, are there any error messages in log files (the var/log/ directory)?

snowboard 12-24-2017 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Slava,

I have the screenshot attached.

So when I try to enable the 2 emails, the message shows and messgaes are not enabled.

I looked at var/log/12 there is no error log entry.

Thanks,

xplorer 12-24-2017 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There should be no checkboxes in the left column (see the attached screenshot).
Do you see any JavaScript errors in the browser's developer console?
Also, what is your X-Cart version?

qualiteam 12-25-2017 03:35 AM

Quote:

I have the screenshot attached.

Well, I've checked your screenshot and I see that there is a line with zero in the "Coupon Expire" field.
That's why the error message appears :-)

snowboard 12-25-2017 07:24 AM

OK thanks for letting me know. The email with the zero in the expiry days had no coupon offered, however it must still look at the number there, even with no coupon. So I changed it to 1, and it now saves...

Just as another question, regarding people who unsubscribe, is the list of emails who unsubscribed visible in admin? Or is in the database? Thanks!

qualiteam 12-28-2017 04:23 AM

The list of unsubscribed emails is in the database only (the "xc_cart_reminder_unsubscribed" table).

I thought of displaying it in the backend, but didn't see reasons why it can be useful for the store owner - users had unsubscribed, so it doesn't make sense to send them more emails which they could consider SPAM.

snowboard 02-23-2018 04:34 AM

Hi Alex,

With the "abandoned cart" emails, my logo is stretched out from its original size of 220px to the full width of the email, which makes it huge and pixelated.

This does not seem to happen with order notification emails and other emails from x-cart, or with the default logo from x-cart.

Can you please let us jnow how to fix this?

Thanks!

Dirk

xplorer 02-26-2018 03:53 AM

Hello Dirk,

I'll check this.

Please follow this BugTracker ticket to receive updates on the issue:
https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=49165

xplorer 03-12-2018 08:50 AM

Hello Dirk,

I've checked the source code and it is X-Cart 5 that adds all the tags (including the logo) wrapping around the e-mail body. As far as I see I have almost no control over the logo position and the size from my module.

Please, could you attach screenshots of how the "correct" e-mail (the regular) and the "wrong" one (the cart reminder) looks like? Also, can you let me have your logo so that I could check it on my local installation?

Quote:

With the "abandoned cart" emails, my logo is stretched out from its original size of 220px to the full width of the email, which makes it huge and pixelated.

This does not seem to happen with order notification emails and other emails from x-cart, or with the default logo from x-cart.

snowboard 03-12-2018 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Slava,

I have attached the 2 emails and the logo to this email.

Thanks for looking into this!

xplorer 03-25-2018 11:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I have attached the 2 emails and the logo to this email.
Thanks for looking into this!

I apologise for the delay in replying to your message.

I've tried to use your logo on my local X-Cart installation, and the e-mail looks correctly in my Google Mail inbox (see the attached screenshot).

The module uses a ready-made e-mail template provided by X-Cart itself. There is another e-mail that uses the same template - the password recovery e-mail. Please follow the "Forgot password" link in the sign-in form, ask for a password for your e-mail and then check if this e-mail is affected by the same logo problem too.

Also, did you add any custom CSS rules that may relate to the problem?