X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables) (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=33828)

JWait 11-12-2008 05:47 AM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
Since the main modifications are done to dialog.tpl (the center section), and menu.tpl (the columns), and these templates are used on both the admin and the customer side, you can not do it half way. The reason the boxes "disappeared" is that the class that controls them is no longer being called in the stylesheet, being replaced by the new (rounded) classes. If the new classes are not in the stylesheet then there is nothing to display. Do you understand this? If not, let me know and I can try to explain further.

xcel 11-14-2008 03:45 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
typologist... great mod. didn't display correctly with first install (wasn't showing box borders in ff, but after a couple tweaks all is good). i still need to find the area in the code to get the right side boxes to not be cutoff in i.e. (i'm sure this is a simple fix, just haven't attacked it yet).

however, i no longer have boxes, rounded or otherwise, on the admin side. they were there before correct? i've done so much today i can't remember if there were any to begin with. this isn't a huge issue, just something i noticed.

JWait 11-15-2008 05:55 AM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
Did you add the xrounded classes to the skin1_admin.css stylesheet? Since dialog.tpl and menu.tpl are modified to remove the default classes then they will not use any classes unless they are added to the correct stylesheet.

Rob_D 11-15-2008 08:36 AM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
Quote:

i still need to find the area in the code to get the right side boxes to not be cutoff in i.e. (i'm sure this is a simple fix, just haven't attacked it yet).

I had the same problem, and I had a friend help me fix it. I think this is the code he changed:

From this:

.xrounded {
background: transparent;
width:100%; /*Adjust the width here*/
float:left;
margin:0 0 15px 0;
line-height:125%;

To this:

.xrounded {
background: transparent;
width:100%; /*Adjust the width here*/
float:inherit;
margin:0 0 15px 0;
line-height:125%;

Try that, and if it does not work, I will see if I can see another change he made.

Rob

xcel 11-15-2008 01:48 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
Did you add the xrounded classes to the skin1_admin.css stylesheet? Since dialog.tpl and menu.tpl are modified to remove the default classes then they will not use any classes unless they are added to the correct stylesheet.


Jwait... not sure if your comment was directed at me, but I did exactly, step by step, what typologist stated to do in post #1.

the 'tweaks' i mentioned i had to do after following the steps was to simply change in dialog.tpl <div class="xrounded"> to <div class="xroundedcenter">. then save. then change it back to <div class="xrounded">. whatever this did worked. middle headers went from having a split top on every page to a nice clean rounded box as what was intended by typologist.

xcel 11-15-2008 01:57 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
worked like a charm rob... thanks!!!



Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_D
I had the same problem, and I had a friend help me fix it. I think this is the code he changed:

From this:

.xrounded {
background: transparent;
width:100%; /*Adjust the width here*/
float:left;
margin:0 0 15px 0;
line-height:125%;

To this:

.xrounded {
background: transparent;
width:100%; /*Adjust the width here*/
float:inherit;
margin:0 0 15px 0;
line-height:125%;

Try that, and if it does not work, I will see if I can see another change he made.

Rob


JWait 11-15-2008 02:38 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamsonTS
Jwait... not sure if your comment was directed at me, but I did exactly, step by step, what typologist stated to do in post #1.


Yes, in order for you to get boxes in the admin side you need to add the xrounded classes to the skin1_admin,css (this is mentioned in the original instructions).

xcel 11-15-2008 05:47 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
Yes, in order for you to get boxes in the admin side you need to add the xrounded classes to the skin1_admin,css (this is mentioned in the original instructions).


ah yes... skin1_admin.css

i did that as well. followed the instructions exactly as described.

(attempted to post code but too many characters)


edit:
not sure what happened between then and now... but when i logged in to grab the code to paste here, the boxes magically appeared. weird.

JWait 11-15-2008 06:04 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
LOL. Well, whenever you make a change to a template, it is usually a good idea to clear the templates cache. Look in admin - summary - tools.

xcel 11-24-2008 09:06 AM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)
 
so i've gone ahead and changed the box header background color to something more along the lines of our logo... and found the area in the ronded css code to change the box header font color to white... but i can't seem to get the Help box font color to change. am i missing something?

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6463/cssroundhelpboxfontcolonh1.jpg


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.