X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.7.12 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=77702)

PhilJ 10-15-2020 03:12 PM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Any chance of an update to the roadmap ? :D

adriant 10-16-2020 01:49 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
This would be really useful

aim 10-20-2020 12:40 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Hello,

We've updated the roadmap
https://help.x-cart.com/Roadmap

Thank you.

herber@wirehub.nl 10-27-2020 02:57 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aim
Hello,

You are right, I have added the query intentionally.

You can safely ignore the error in the log files.

To remove duplicates do the following steps:
0) Make a DB backup. (Especially the xcart_modules table)


1) Find the duplicates
Code:

select module_name,moduleid,active,author,tags from  xcart_modules order by module_name, moduleid;


2) Remove the duplicates that have the highest moduleid by using the query
Code:

DELETE FROM xcart_modules WHERE moduleid IN (id1,id2,id3);

3) After that add the UNIQUE INDEX
Code:

ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);
to prevent future problems.

Thank you.

Sorry, it has been a while since I've had time to continue the 4.7.12 upgrade.
I'm getting the following error when running the ALTER TABLE query:
Code:

Error in query (1061): Duplicate key name 'module_name'

module_name is already an INDEX, should that be changed to UNIQUE?

aim 10-27-2020 07:01 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
Sorry, it has been a while since I've had time to continue the 4.7.12 upgrade.
I'm getting the following error when running the ALTER TABLE query:
Code:

Error in query (1061): Duplicate key name 'module_name'

module_name is already an INDEX, should that be changed to UNIQUE?


Hello,

When did you download the upgrade pack?

I made a fix in September which took into account your current xcart_modules structure.

Could you upload the upgrade/4.7.9-4.7.12/patch.sql file?

Thank you.

herber@wirehub.nl 10-27-2020 09:18 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aim
Hello,

When did you download the upgrade pack?

I made a fix in September which took into account your current xcart_modules structure.

Could you upload the upgrade/4.7.9-4.7.12/patch.sql file?

Thank you.

This is an 'old' upgrade pack that I downloaded on May 31st, I will download a new one & check if the problem is resolved.

/edit

I have downloaded a new patch from 4.7.9 to 4.7.12 & it gives the same error when upgrading:
Code:

SQL PATCH ``patch.sql'' FAILED AT QUERIES:
ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);


But if the solution is to change the INDEX on module_name to UNIQUE, than I will just do that?

aim 10-27-2020 09:34 PM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
This is an 'old' upgrade pack that I downloaded on May 31st, I will download a new one & check if the problem is resolved.

/edit

I have downloaded a new patch from 4.7.9 to 4.7.12 & it gives the same error when upgrading:
Code:

SQL PATCH ``patch.sql'' FAILED AT QUERIES:
ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);


But if the solution is to change the INDEX on module_name to UNIQUE, than I will just do that?


Hello

There is a code before the ALTER statement which should safely remove duplicates to avoid such errors.

Code:

-- remove duplicates from xCart_mOdules
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS _xcart_modules_orig_aim_ (
  moduleid int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  module_name varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  module_descr varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `active` char(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Y',
  init_orderby varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  author varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'other',
  module_url varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  tags varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  PRIMARY KEY (moduleid),
  UNIQUE KEY module_name (module_name)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
INSERT IGNORE INTO _xcart_modules_orig_aim_ SELECT moduleid,module_name,module_descr,`active`,init_orderby,author,module_url,tags FROM xcart_modules ORDER BY active DESC, moduleid;
DELETE FROM xcart_modules WHERE moduleid NOT IN (SELECT moduleid FROM _xcart_modules_orig_aim_);
DROP TABLE _xcart_modules_orig_aim_;
-- https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=51786
ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);


but you got the idea correctly
You can remove the whole block if your module_name is already UNIQUE KEY

Thank you.

PhilJ 10-29-2020 03:57 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Suggestion for v4.7.13 - When the Email Account Activation module is enabled, after a customer registers, they are returned to the homepage, but there's no message to tell them to check their email!

So it would be nice to show a message or modal to tell them to check their email to activate their account.

aim 10-29-2020 09:07 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Suggestion for v4.7.13 - When the Email Account Activation module is enabled, after a customer registers, they are returned to the homepage, but there's no message to tell them to check their email!

So it would be nice to show a message or modal to tell them to check their email to activate their account.


Hello.

Thank you for your suggestion.

As I can see it works properly

https://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus/


Maybe there is a module which overwrites the $top_message variable?

Thank you.

PhilJ 10-29-2020 09:37 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released
 
Yes, func_email_activation_get_register_top_message() doesn't seem to be doing its job, I'll do some digging, thanks Ildar.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.