X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pop-up Anywhere module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66512)

candc 08-05-2013 07:17 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released

Has anyone managed to get a pop up to show on the checkout page itself?

I have it on register, login, view cart, contact us etc but not in checkout.

We do have Altered Cart OPC, but have also tried with fastlane and xcart OPC.

This is what we have used for the pop to show on.

cart.php;login.php;register.php;help.php

Thanks for any pointers :D

karina 08-06-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candc
Has anyone managed to get a pop up to show on the checkout page itself?

I have it on register, login, view cart, contact us etc but not in checkout.

We do have Altered Cart OPC, but have also tried with fastlane and xcart OPC.

This is what we have used for the pop to show on.

cart.php;login.php;register.php;help.php

Thanks for any pointers :D

I've failed to reproduce the issue on my default installation (X-Cart Gold v4.4.4, 2-columns skin). Could you please specify which skin do you use?
If your store uses 3rd-party skin it can be required to add the following code to the template:
Code:

{if $active_modules.Popup_Anywhere}
  {include file="modules/Popup_Anywhere/popups.tpl"}
{/if}

(by default this code is added to the 'customer/content.tpl' file for all skins: 'skin/books_and_magazines/customer/content.tpl', etc).

Is the issue reproduced with the default X-Cart skins (like 2-columns)?

candc 08-06-2013 01:43 AM

Hello Karina,

Thanks very much for checking, we are using the Ability template.

That code is already in the content.tpl file for the skin.

I havn't tested it on a default install yet.

karina 08-06-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candc
Hello Karina,

Thanks very much for checking, we are using the Ability template.

That code is already in the content.tpl file for the skin.

I havn't tested it on a default install yet.

As I understand popups are working correctly on other pages, but not working on the 'cart.php?mode=checkout' page only. I'm not familiar with the Ability template but it's possible that another file is used for checkout page, not 'content.tpl'. So it may be required to find this file and add the same code from my previous message to it.

candc 08-06-2013 05:12 AM

Yes everything else is working fine Karina.

Must be related to the skin somehow, thanks again.

UMI Pearls 08-18-2013 04:49 AM

I am not sure if this was already asked, but can we customize the look of the popup? like instead of squares or rectangle we'll use circle and transparencies?

tia

ADDISON 08-18-2013 05:53 AM

I guess it is on the way to be included in the next versions. Also many other features, like hiding but keep visible. Actually those rectangles are not looking good, but they can be customized easy via CSS.

karina 08-19-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMI Pearls
I am not sure if this was already asked, but can we customize the look of the popup? like instead of squares or rectangle we'll use circle and transparencies?

tia

You can create popup based on custom template and use your own CSS styles to make any shape you want in the current version of the module.

Below is the small tutorial 'How to make circle popup':

1. Log in as administrator, open Content -> Edit templates page and open 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/custom_templates' directory.

2. Create new tpl file, let's call it 'circle_sale_info.tpl'. And edit this file by adding the following content:
Code:

{*
v1, 2013-08-19 11:52:57, custom_circle.tpl, karina
vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et:
*}
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Handlee' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<style type="text/css">
{literal}
  .popup-anywhere.ui-dialog {
  width: 350px !important;
  height: 350px !important;
  background: #FE642E;
  -moz-border-radius: 50% !important;
  -webkit-border-radius: 50% !important;
  border-radius: 50% !important;
  }

.popup-circle-content {
  padding-top: 35px;
  padding-left: 20px;
  padding-right: 20px;
  text-align: center;
  font-family: 'Handlee', cursive;
  font-size: 26px;
  text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #F3F781;
  font-weight: bold;
  line-height: 40px;
  color: #585858;
}

span.dates {
  font-size: 18px;
}

.popup-circle-content .popup-btn-close {
  position: relative !important;
  top: 0px !important;
  right: 0px !important; 
}

.popup-circle-content .title {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-size: 16px;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
  padding-bottom: 10px;
}

.popup-circle-content a {
  color: #585858;
  font-size: 24px;
  text-shadow: none;
  text-decoration: none;
}

.popup-circle-content a:hover {
  text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #F3F781;
}
{/literal}
</style>

<div style="display:none">

<div id="dialog-{$popup_id}" title="">
    <div class="popup-circle-content">
      OUR<br />GREAT SUMMER SALE<br /> IS STARTED!<br /><br />

<span class="dates">AUGUST 20TH - 28TH</span><br /><br />

<a href="on_sale.php">START SHOPPING</a>
    </div>
  </div>

</div>

(please, note '<div style="display:none">' and '<div id="dialog-{$popup_id}" title="">' are mandatory blocks)

3. Save new template.

4. Open Content->Pop-ups management page and add new pop-up.

5. Configure 'General pop-up settings' section as you wish.

6. In the 'Configure pop-up content' choose 'Pop-up content is defined in the template' option and select 'circle_sale_info.tpl' in the selector.

7. Configure other popup settings as you wish. I've defined popup location as 'In the center of window'.

8. Save pop-up settings and open customer area to check pop-up.

The popup created by this way will look like this:
http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~karina/images/popup_anywhere_customer_popup_circle.png

Niro 09-02-2013 10:03 AM

Hi!
Can anyone tell me why I can't see my installation page agreement and left navigation: http://www.greensneakers.com/install-popup-anywhere.php

x-cart version 4.4.5
pop-up anywhere version 4.4.5

I checked all the uploaded files and the permissions.

Thanks,
Niro

karina 09-04-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niro
Hi!
Can anyone tell me why I can't see my installation page agreement and left navigation: http://www.greensneakers.com/install-popup-anywhere.php

x-cart version 4.4.5
pop-up anywhere version 4.4.5

I checked all the uploaded files and the permissions.

Thanks,
Niro

Hi Niro,

I've checked your page and according to the code it's not loaded fully. But the reason of it is not clear for now. The module doesn't have any special system requirements other than X-Cart system requirements.
This first page of installation process is common for all modules, have you ever faced the same issue while installing other modules for this store? Can you try to open any other install-<module-name>.php?

Kind regards,

Niro 09-10-2013 03:54 PM

Thanks Karina,
There was a problem with the copyright code on the install.php page.

But now the pop up won't show anywhere. I set it to be on all pages of the website. I am using static/pretty URL's for my store pages - is this a problem?

~Nick

karina 09-11-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niro
Thanks Karina,
There was a problem with the copyright code on the install.php page.

But now the pop up won't show anywhere. I set it to be on all pages of the website. I am using static/pretty URL's for my store pages - is this a problem?

~Nick

Hi Nick,

I've checked your store. Your pop-up settings are correct. As I've found the issue is in the js script that is used in your popup content. For some reason this script gives syntax error (can be viewed in browser console), that is why pop-up is not showing up.

I've disabled your popup and checked the module with another 'Popup with custom content' popup, and it was shown correctly in the customer zone. Currently this popup is disabled in your store. After enabling it will be shown on the 'home.php?is_test' page only.

The module supports both clean URLs and *.php urls. It means you can use as 'product.php?productid=XXX' as 'ProductName.html' in the pop-up settings.

Let's return back to your popup. Please try to delete this code from your popup template:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/**/**********.js"></script>&nbsp;</p>
After this popup should be shown.

So it requires to investigate why using this js-script is causing syntax error. I'd recommend to try to use this script on the static page firstly (not in the pop-up content) and check if it works.

Kind regards,

masada3336 10-30-2013 07:50 AM

Are the newsletter signups able to go into a separate news list? So that I know who has signed up using the popup?
Thanks

PhilJ 11-08-2013 08:12 PM

Be aware when installing this module, it will clear any changes you might have made to...

skin/common_files/customer/service_head.tpl
skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl
skin/common_files/admin/menu_box.tpl
skin/common_files/single/menu_box.tpl

maybe other templates also...

cflsystems 11-09-2013 09:55 AM

It will only if you tell it to. The installation will warn if it cannot patch the files and ask if you want to continue and if continue it will replace files with stock files.... But it will not do this on its own. On the warning page you can stop and not do the installation and modify files manually instead

PhilJ 11-09-2013 10:00 AM

Fair enough, as long as people are aware...

amsruned 12-03-2013 07:56 AM

I had purchased this module.. I have to say I can't install it with the installer. The instructions aren't much help. Module install instructions from 3rd party vendors are so much better wrote with the step by step customization of which files need to be edited.

cflsystems 12-03-2013 08:26 AM

You should look in the module's directory xxx.patch - each file needs patching is in there with what needs to be done to it

amsruned 12-06-2013 07:56 AM

got it thanks

dejital 12-09-2013 04:16 PM

I'm having issues with the install of this plugin. I literally just spent the $90 to get it and then I installed it and nothing worked (even after following the instructions word for word) the module does nothing on the front end of my site. At first the link that is supposed to be under the content dropdown wasn't there, there wasn't even a way to manage the new module. After some help from support I managed to manually put it in, one of the patches from the script didn't apply itself.

Now, even though I can manage the plugin on the admin end, my cart does not popup anything at all, no matter how I play with it. When I reached out to support they literally told me I have to pay to get it fixed by them.
I'm on version 4.4.5
I'm not a happy customer.

karina 12-10-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dejital
I'm having issues with the install of this plugin. I literally just spent the $90 to get it and then I installed it and nothing worked (even after following the instructions word for word) the module does nothing on the front end of my site. At first the link that is supposed to be under the content dropdown wasn't there, there wasn't even a way to manage the new module. After some help from support I managed to manually put it in, one of the patches from the script didn't apply itself.

Now, even though I can manage the plugin on the admin end, my cart does not popup anything at all, no matter how I play with it. When I reached out to support they literally told me I have to pay to get it fixed by them.
I'm on version 4.4.5

Hi Deji,

Your shop uses custom skin and this skin files were not patched during module installation (because default skin files are patched only). I believe this is the reason of all issues.

To apply changes to admin area please make sure that patches from 'popup_anywhere.patches/skin/common_files/single/' directory are applied to your custom skin files.

To apply changes to customer area please have a look at these instructions:
http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Pop-up_Anywhere#How_to_patch_a_3rd_party_skin_after_th e_in...nywhere_module

Please apply all required patches and if it doesn't help please let me know.

amsruned 12-10-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dejital

I'm on version 4.4.5

I found I had the same problem.. What I did was I had used the uninstall sql patch and in phpadmin applied it.. Then I reapplied the 2 sql patches again in phpadmin.

Rechecked all the files that needed to be modified. Made sure to clear all my caches and it worked again.

dejital 12-10-2013 08:19 AM

After a few hours of going through the module trying to pinpoint the problem, I decided to look at my error log in the /xcartstore/var/log/ directory and found the FIX!

After seeing this line in there:

[09-Dec-2013 18:59:10] Warning: copy(/home/rootsite/public_html/xcartstore/include/common.php) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/rootsite/public_html/xcartstore/modules/Popup_Anywhere/install.php on line 548

It lead me to believe that since the install could not update the common.php file the module was not installed... mind you there were no visible errors during the install that told me this is what happened.
So I went to that file change the permissions to 777 reinstalled the module and boom it all worked.... I then changed the permissions back on the common.php file.
I hope this helps anyone else that comes across the issue.

icaros 01-06-2014 03:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by karina
Kevin, I've just liked your page on your site and the new coupon 'bhSR**8S' with $2.00 discount was successfully generated (you can delete this coupon in admin area).

Facebook team have updated the status of this bug yesterday:
https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/508219649233845
"This should now be resolved. Thanks for your patience.
Status changed to Fixed"

When your customers inform you about not generating coupon last time? The status of the bug on Facebook was changed yesterday at 11.35 PM, may be your customers liked your page before this time?

karina, I have two issues with this mod. Please see attached screenshot.

1. The coupon code cannot be generated. I can't see any generated coupon code in coupons admin area. Customers complains not receiving coupon codes. Was it displayed on the screen after LIKE? or email customer who liked my Facebook page? How does it send email if customer is not registered?

2. The % off I specified is 10%, however it is displayed as 10.00%. I tried to delete the decimal but won't work.

Can you please take a look of my site? www.stickerr.com.au

Thanks!

karina 01-08-2014 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icaros
1. The coupon code cannot be generated. I can't see any generated coupon code in coupons admin area. Customers complains not receiving coupon codes. Was it displayed on the screen after LIKE? or email customer who liked my Facebook page? How does it send email if customer is not registered?

Please make sure that you've specified 'Coupon will be valid within N hours' value on the popup settings page (you can find it at the bottom of settings page). This value must be at least 1 (hour) to generate coupon value.

Coupon code will be shown right in the popup after clicking 'Like' button. It looks like this:
https://docs.google.com/a/x-cart.com/file/d/0B1-bAfTCwkVXNlBjdTh0N3MwUUU

The coupon will be generated for all customers who clicks 'Like', even if they are not registered customers.

Quote:

2. The % off I specified is 10%, however it is displayed as 10.00%. I tried to delete the decimal but won't work.

I've reproduced this issue, thank you for informing me. It will be fixed in the next update.

icaros 01-08-2014 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karina
Please make sure that you've specified 'Coupon will be valid within N hours' value on the popup settings page (you can find it at the bottom of settings page). This value must be at least 1 (hour) to generate coupon value.

Coupon code will be shown right in the popup after clicking 'Like' button. It looks like this:
https://docs.google.com/a/x-cart.com/file/d/0B1-bAfTCwkVXNlBjdTh0N3MwUUU

The coupon will be generated for all customers who clicks 'Like', even if they are not registered customers.

I've reproduced this issue, thank you for informing me. It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to fix both issue 10 seconds before you replied this thread...

I've changed all the price_format to number_format to fix the 10.00% issue, and it works perfect!

The wording of 'Coupon will be valid within N hours' is really confusing... it really should state as 'Coupon will be expire in N hours (Value should be >= 1)'.... It took me hours to figure this out...

Anyway, problem solved. Overall, it's a great add-on. Thank you!

karina 01-08-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to fix both issue 10 seconds before you replied this thread...

I've changed all the price_format to number_format to fix the 10.00% issue, and it works perfect!

Anyway, problem solved. Overall, it's a great add-on. Thank you!

Glad to hear that all issues are gone!

Quote:

The wording of 'Coupon will be valid within N hours' is really confusing... it really should state as 'Coupon will be expire in N hours (Value should be >= 1)'.... It took me hours to figure this out...

Got it, thank you for suggestion.

Jeffrey Vezina 01-12-2014 04:14 PM

What is the chances of it working on version 4.3.2?

Are any incompatibilities easily overcome by good programmers?

karina 01-14-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Vezina
What is the chances of it working on version 4.3.2?

Are any incompatibilities easily overcome by good programmers?

It's not possible automatically apply module's patch to X-Cart 4.3.x because structure of directories is changed a lot in X-Cart 4.4.x. But our specialists can manually customize the module to this version. If you're interested in it, please contact us via your HelpDesk to requst customization.

Actually there are not many default files that should be changed for the module. But it can be required to adapt module files too.

anandat 02-04-2014 08:24 PM

Hi karina,
I have found cool pop-up alert notification for OUT OF STOCK stock product. You can find demo at http://shopping.indiatimes.com/mobiles/xolo/xolo-q3000-white-/41839/p_B2362026

Just scroll down the page & it will show pop-up alert to subscribe for product availibity. Further more you can add feature in popup like "subscribe & get 10% discount" when this product available again.

I guess it will be great sale booster as customers will prompt to subscribe if some discount is available for product. You can further custmze the module like first 10 subscribers will get 20% discount & you can display stats like "Only 3 more customers will get this offer" if 7 people have already subscribed for the product notification.

I don't know you can add this feature in your module or not. I am just sharing the idea :)

karina 02-10-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandat
Hi karina,
I have found cool pop-up alert notification for OUT OF STOCK stock product. You can find demo at http://shopping.indiatimes.com/mobiles/xolo/xolo-q3000-white-/41839/p_B2362026

Just scroll down the page & it will show pop-up alert to subscribe for product availibity. Further more you can add feature in popup like "subscribe & get 10% discount" when this product available again.

I guess it will be great sale booster as customers will prompt to subscribe if some discount is available for product. You can further custmze the module like first 10 subscribers will get 20% discount & you can display stats like "Only 3 more customers will get this offer" if 7 people have already subscribed for the product notification.

I don't know you can add this feature in your module or not. I am just sharing the idea :)

Thanks for sharing good example! In my opinion such behaviour can be reached by customizing Popup Anywhere to work with Product Notifications module. Product Notifications module has the feature that allows customers to subscribe to out of stock products and get email notifications as soon as they are back in stock. Unfortunately discounts that you describe are not available in the module. But it can be customized of course. And more likely such discounts must be the part of Product Notifications module.
So I think it's better to customize both modules instead of making duplicate functionality in the Popup Anywhere. Anyway it's nice idea, thank you!

suehamil 03-20-2014 08:56 AM

Hi
I've been trying to install this module but have hit a problem.
I am getting a warning
Please wait ...
popup_anywhere.sql [FAILED] BLOB/TEXT column 'content' can't have a default value

I am running this as a local test.
MySQL server 5.1

suehamil 03-27-2014 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suehamil
Hi
I've been trying to install this module but have hit a problem.
I am getting a warning
Please wait ...
popup_anywhere.sql [FAILED] BLOB/TEXT column 'content' can't have a default value

I am running this as a local test.
MySQL server 5.1

In case anyone else runs into the same issue I fixed it by following these instruction:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3466872/why-cant-a-text-column-have-a-default-value-in-mysql

How to disable strict mode in MySQL 5 (Windows):
Edit /my.ini and look for line
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_E NGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
Replace it with
sql_mode='MYSQL40'
Restart the MySQL service (assuming that it is mysql5)
net stop mysql5
net start mysql5
If you have root/admin access you might be able to execute
mysql_query("SET @@global.sql_mode='MYSQL40'");

It seems this is a 'bug' with using MySQL on windows.

Sue

christindall 04-04-2014 03:06 PM

Is there an easy way (ie, without manually setting this up for every product) to have this trigger for specific products? Can I integrate this in with extra fields, or a custom coded checkbox, for example? I have a fair amount of product (in the hundreds, which is still only a fraction of my online inventory) that is special order and takes an additional timeframe for it to arrive. People are seriously stupid and don't read - I want this to pop up and alert them then they're viewing the product (and, ideally, whenever they're checking out and have appropriate items in their cart).

Is that possible, somehow?

Thanks! :)

herber@wirehub.nl 07-02-2014 02:09 PM

We have purchased this module in the sale that X-Cart currently has, but it's been a pain in the ass so far.

The installer doesn't work due to X-Cart POS being installed, so it has to be installed manually (patching all files) & running the database queries.

And once it's been setup, it refers to non-existent (on the X-Cart installation) Jquery versions so I get 404 errors on my page, unexpected CSS token errors and other errors.

I've opened a ticket, but since my ticket about a bug in the Product Notifications mod is also being ignored I'm a bit hard headed about if this will be solved.

I almost forgot, the worst bug is enabling the default Facebook-like popup (just for testing). As a customer, if I close the popup, it disappears. However, every single page that you visit, the popup will reappear. Annoying as hell.

vladimir.gritsenko 07-04-2014 02:03 AM

Dear herber@wirehub.nl,

I recommend you to contact our support team with the issues because it requires investigation at your server. Although it does not seem to be a problem of Pop-up Anywhere addon (we couldn't reproduce it within the bugtracker ticket on a default X-Cart installation), it still may be our bug. If so, you won't be charged for the fix.

herber@wirehub.nl 07-04-2014 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Dear herber@wirehub.nl,

I recommend you to contact our support team with the issues because it requires investigation at your server. Although it does not seem to be a problem of Pop-up Anywhere addon (we couldn't reproduce it within the bugtracker ticket on a default X-Cart installation), it still may be our bug. If so, you won't be charged for the fix.

My bug ticket is already closed.

I suggested fixes for the faulty CSS, but apparently the following code is not wrong:
Code:

min-height: 5px; !important;

But we all know it most definitely is, as this is correct:
Code:

min-height: 5px !important;
(notice the closure with ; after the 5px in the faulty Popup Anywhere CSS.
This happens multiple times.

Kara 08-19-2014 09:13 AM

Hi. Is there any way to change the % decimal? Right now it shows: 10.00%

We would just like it to be 10%

Also - I'm not seeing that the popup module works in my responsive template. Do I need to do something to make that happen?

Thanks!

vladimir.gritsenko 08-19-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kara
Hi. Is there any way to change the % decimal? Right now it shows: 10.00%

We would just like it to be 10%

Also - I'm not seeing that the popup module works in my responsive template. Do I need to do something to make that happen?

Thanks!

Hi Kara!

Most likely a tiny template modification is needed but I recommend you to make sure it's true with our technical support. Same with responsive tamplate.

Thank you.

Stizerg 09-08-2014 03:13 AM

Is it possible to generate the coupon code not just for those who likes facebook page, but also for those who press g+ button? Is it possible to combine Like and g+ buttons in one pop-up?
It looks like I can't find working demo link ...