X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables) (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=33828)

annoyed 05-06-2008 06:07 PM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry but I'm not 100% sure what you mean, however I have just reworked things and my dev site is now showing white boxes with grey lines and rounded corners around each product in the featured products list.
(See attached)
Having re-read the original coding in this thread and implemented it with a few minor modifications I've managed to get this to work.
Apart from changing the CSS to suit my needs the main change I made was in the location of the coding in the tpl shown in the first post because my tpl is completely different to that shown.

If this is what your looking to replicate let me know and I'll show you the steps I went through otherwise have another go and describing what you meant in your last post and I'll see what I can do

Also the error I spoke about in my last post was due to me playing around with the wrong files so ignore that bit.

Attachment 931

embroodles 05-06-2008 06:27 PM

Hey if that works that would be great to try ,sorry ,my communication is poor ,what I meant was just the frame around the pictures ,make them free standing but Ill try that .Im gonna PM you so when you get a second please go read.
thanks for your help.
bill

beastro 05-13-2008 06:14 AM

Phil,

I am trying to get in touch with you since 2 weeks about purchasing your css template, but have not received any replies from you. Please drop me a message with information how to contact you.

Thank you

Berthold

beetlejuice 06-27-2008 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Would anyone know why this is happening (see attachment) ?

I've spent hours trying to remove the thick white line above the title text and surrender. Only in Firefox 3. IE7 is fine.
I even copied the css from another site that I have used this mod on and is viewing correctly in FF3, and still I have this line showing. I copied the menu.tpl from the "good" site to this one and it still remains, Bah!

I'm too young to go bald ripping my hair out.

typologist 06-27-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlejuice
Would anyone know why this is happening (see attachment) ?

I've spent hours trying to remove the thick white line above the title text and surrender. Only in Firefox 3. IE7 is fine.
I even copied the css from another site that I have used this mod on and is viewing correctly in FF3, and still I have this line showing. I copied the menu.tpl from the "good" site to this one and it still remains, Bah!

I'm too young to go bald ripping my hair out.

This is probably because the size of the font, or the margin/padding above the text in the headers. However, It would help to see your code ;)

beetlejuice 06-27-2008 05:02 PM

G'day typo,

Here is the code

Quote:

/*Round corner sideboxes*/

.xrounded h1, .zrounded h1 {
margin:0;
font-size:1.3em;
padding:0 15px 3px 8px;
border-bottom:1px solid #FFFFFF;
}
.xrounded p, .zrounded p {
padding:5px 0;
font-size:10px;
line-height:125%;
}
.xrounded {
background: transparent;
width:100%; /*Adjust the width here*/
float:left;
margin:0 0 10px 0;
line-height:125%;
}
.xtop, .xbottom {
display:block;
background:transparent;
font-size:1px;
}
.xb1, .xb2, .xb3, .xb4 {
overflow:hidden;
}
.xb1, .xb2, .xb3 {
height:1px;
}
.xb2, .xb3, .xb4 {
border-left:1px solid #00aeef;
border-right:1px solid #00aeef;
}
.xb1 {
margin:0 5px;
background:#00aeef;
}
.xb2 {
margin:0 3px;
border-width:0 2px;
}
.xb3 {
margin:0 2px;
}
.xb4 {
height:2px;
margin:0 1px;
}

.xboxcontent {
border:0 solid #00aeef;
border-width:0 1px;
height:auto;
}

div.xboxcontent div{
padding: 0 4px 0 8Px;

}

* html .xboxcontent {
height:0px;
}

One thing I've noticed is that changing anything here:

.xrounded h1, .zrounded h1 {
font-size:1.3em;
padding:0 15px 3px 8px;
border-bottom:1px solid #FFFFFF;
}

does not alter the "view" in any way. In other words changing 1.3em to 1.5 or 1.1 does not alter the site at all, yet on the other site where I have this working it does as expected. If I change the padding nothing changes on the site.

Thanks for taking a look

annoyed 06-28-2008 05:52 PM

Beetlejuice

I've seen this error before on the rounded box code and I don't believe its got anything to do with the font.
Padding and margins are possible but if you haven't changed any sizes from the way x-cart does them in an original config then I'd suggest the problem isn't there either however it's worth checking them to make sure everything fits properly.
Since you have used code from another website then I'd suggest the problem might be similar to one mentioned above about extra or not needed <p> tags.
I've used this code on several occasions (both as is and edited) and in some cases I have found that there are tags with the coding listed in the first post that can cause errors on some sites.
Given that your site is showing an extra or a blank line I'd suggest your first thing to check would be tags like <p> or <br> or any other that produces white space. Just remove or comment out each line that you might suspect as the problem and if it doesn't work take out the comments and try the next line until you find the offending line.
If this doesn't work give us a web address so we can see the code as it is on your site.

beetlejuice 06-28-2008 06:12 PM

Found the sucker :-)

had an extra blank px two lines above the rounded corner css. Crazy why it only showed up in FF3 on the customer side. Admin and both in IE7 were perfect.

Thanks for the replies.

Stinkweasels 07-06-2008 12:35 PM

Is there an adjustment to make the curves smoother? It looks a little dodgey in the dialog box on my site?

QVS 08-20-2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlejuice
Found the sucker :-)

had an extra blank px two lines above the rounded corner css. Crazy why it only showed up in FF3 on the customer side. Admin and both in IE7 were perfect.

Thanks for the replies.

hi i am having the same problem as you were.
Is there any chance you could tell me the actual bit of code you edited to get this working as i cannot work out your post above. For instance i have gone into the skin.css and looked at the css and tried editing different snippets but still cannot get it to work.

thx.