X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pop-up Anywhere module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66512)

karina 04-01-2013 05:42 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
The module is now compatible with X-Cart v.4.5.0 and above

RoeBoeDog 04-02-2013 06:28 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Thank you very very much for doing this. I just got it for my version.

kevinrm 04-02-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
I've used this for 2 days so far and already added 20 new Facebook fans, so this is working great so far...

Michael Burns 04-09-2013 06:06 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Karina,

I can't wait to see this working on my site 4.4.x I love the idea and can't wait to implement!

cflsystems 04-09-2013 10:53 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Slopy bug. This drove me crazy as well as my client until I found they have recently had this module installed. The module loads FB js library as HTTP only (hardcoded) which will cause insecure message on secure pages - like checkout page.... seriously....

File /skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/popup.js find


and replace with

Code:


var tmp_host = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https:" :
"http:"); // added by CFL Systems to fix bug in the module
js.src = tmp_host + "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js";


karina 04-10-2013 05:22 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Slopy bug. This drove me crazy as well as my client until I found they have recently had this module installed. The module loads FB js library as HTTP only (hardcoded) which will cause insecure message on secure pages - like checkout page.... seriously....


Thank you, Steve!
The module file has been updated, the updated distributives is in File Area.

karina 04-10-2013 05:31 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Burns
Karina,

I can't wait to see this working on my site 4.4.x I love the idea and can't wait to implement!


Thanks for your interest, Michael! The module will be available for v4.4 within 2 weeks.

kevinrm 04-14-2013 10:12 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
There is one minor flaw with this mod I would like other potential purchasers to be aware of. One nice feature of the mod is that it will generate a discount coupon for a Facebook "like." The problem is, the mod ignores a product's "Apply Global Discounts" setting. So if you have a product which you do not offer discounts for, this mod will ignore that setting and offer the discount anyway. I have several high ticket items which I do not want to offer discounts for yet had one customer did a Facebook "like" and receive 5% discount on said item.

I put in a support ticket for this. There in no way to make this ignore non-discounted products. In order to do so would involve paying for customized service. I'm not willing to pay for that because it's an X-Cart mod which is ignoring an X-Cart setting - it should work and I shouldn't have to have any customization done, let alone pay for it. So I'll work around that somehow. Just so you are aware.

karina 04-15-2013 01:54 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
There is one minor flaw with this mod I would like other potential purchasers to be aware of. One nice feature of the mod is that it will generate a discount coupon for a Facebook "like." The problem is, the mod ignores a product's "Apply Global Discounts" setting. So if you have a product which you do not offer discounts for, this mod will ignore that setting and offer the discount anyway. I have several high ticket items which I do not want to offer discounts for yet had one customer did a Facebook "like" and receive 5% discount on said item.

I put in a support ticket for this. There in no way to make this ignore non-discounted products. In order to do so would involve paying for customized service. I'm not willing to pay for that because it's an X-Cart mod which is ignoring an X-Cart setting - it should work and I shouldn't have to have any customization done, let alone pay for it. So I'll work around that somehow. Just so you are aware.


Kevin, let me please explain how the module generate discounts.

X-Cart allows to provide discounts to your customers with two different solutions: Global Discounts and Discount Coupons.

The module Pop-up Anywhere generates discount coupon (default X-Cart module 'Discount Coupons'), not global discount. 'Apply global discount' setting from product modify page and discount coupon are unrelated.

Generated discount coupons are applicable to all products in cart. By default X-Cart does not allow to exclude certain products from applying coupon discount. It is required to add 'Apply discount coupon' checkbox to product modify page to add coupon exclusion for certain products. By the way this idea is in the ideas list: http://ideas.x-cart.com/forums/32109-x-cart-future-versions/suggestions/3213612-add-coupon-exclusion-on-product-detail-page . You can vote for it.

As the possible solution: it may be better to offer absolute discount (for example $3.00) for Facebook Like. In this case the discount will not be big for expensive items.

kevinrm 04-15-2013 02:00 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Okay, I see the differentiation more clearly now.

It would be nice if it just gave a percentage off but for now, I'll work around it. Thank you for the explanation.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.