X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2) - HELP PLEASE! (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69953)

kokeyuk1 09-09-2014 02:00 AM

ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2) - HELP PLEASE!

ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2)

Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16777216 bytes)

We are getting this error message on our site. Nothing is currently being uploaded or changed etc.

What is this error and how can we fix it?

Thanks in advance.

:D

Ksenia 09-09-2014 03:34 AM

Re: ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2) - HELP PLEASE!

Hi!
What version and Edition of X-Cart are you using? Please add it to your signature.

Also, it's always useful ro describe the issues you face in as many details as possible: where do you see the problem, what you did before it appeared and so on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokeyuk1

Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16777216 bytes)
What is this error and how can we fix it?
:D

This error means that the server ran out of memory for some reason. Or, probably there's some memory, but it can not be used because of memory_limit value set in php.ini

Thus the easiest way to fix it is to contact your hosting provider and ask to increase the memory limit.

AAPLA 11-03-2014 03:51 AM

I'm hitting the same error when trying to enable 'Clean URLs'. The current limit I have set is: memory_limit = 128M

What do you recommend setting the memory limit to?

tony_sologubov 11-03-2014 04:37 AM

The preferable memory_limit is more than 256M.

kokeyuk1 how many products do you have? Anyway, increasing memory limit to 512M-1024M should help.

Tony.

AAPLA 11-04-2014 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My provider updated the memory limit to over 256MB as recommended, but the issue remains. The error page layout changed a little now, but seems to be the same error message.

I attached a screenshot of the error and included the text below.

Call to a member function map() on a non-object

Any advice on what else it might be? So far I'm only hitting this error when I try to enable Clean URLs from the Environment page.

tony_sologubov 11-11-2014 07:53 AM

Hi AALPA!

This problem is caused by the fact that you are missing a record with name "clean_url_flag" in xc_config table of your X-Cart.

Our support team can help you to fix the problem and find its origin. Just drop us a message at support@x-cart.com

chamitrail@gmail.com 09-05-2016 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I do have the same issue. I quadrupled my memory_limit in php.ini file. Since this is an installation of the sample XCart I don't think the issue is a missing record. But after doing all these my X-Cart's front end still doesn't work.

The followin error.....

An error occurred in your store.
Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 786432 bytes)

is anyway still there & no remedy did work for it !!!

qualiteam 09-05-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamitrail@gmail.com
Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 786432 bytes)

Your memory_limit is set to 128MB. Your server is likely 64-bit, so you should increase it up to 256MB, at least.
Please check this page:
http://kb.x-cart.com/en/general_setup/installation_guide.html#server-requirements

-----

Also, you should restart the web server after editing php.ini, otherwise the changes won't take effect.

cflsystems 09-05-2016 12:17 PM

This is happening on my test installation all the time. After installing a module, after cache regeneration, after not being to store front for days and then try to load it... It goes away on screen refresh but then eventually happens again. It has something to do with Less.php class.
QT has been looking at the issue for a while now - few months - and nothing yet. It was happening on 5.2.x and now same is on 5.3.x.
It doesn't really matter how much memory you allocate to PHP - I have 256 but tried with even 500 - it always reports same numbers for the "out of memory error".

"Out of memory (allocated 133955584) (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes)"

So this is definitely an XC issue. Whether is due to some specific server settings or not I don't know.

qualiteam 09-05-2016 08:49 PM

@chamitrail:
Did restarting the web server help?

@Steve:
I see number of "out of memory" tickets at http://bt.x-cart.com/, but all of them were solved by increasing the memory limit up to 256MB. Also, there are a few tickets with bugs causing the error, but as far as I see all these bugs are fixed by now.