X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=77655)

Dougrun 11-16-2021 08:20 AM

Re: X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template

My skin/main/product_details file was old.

PhilJ 11-16-2021 10:10 AM

I've just uploaded the maximum quantity feature tweaks I mentioned earlier - Changelog - Demo

Make backups prior to applying, just in case.

Dougrun 11-16-2021 10:36 AM

I kinda like it the old way. The demo uses a drop down for qty, what does it do with a open enter qty box? Does it popup an error?

PhilJ 11-16-2021 10:40 AM

It should work fine, whether you want to use dropdowns for quantities, or inputs (spinners). I'm on live chat for a bit if you want something specific.

neonrider 11-21-2021 11:47 AM

Are there variants of this template?

PhilJ 11-24-2021 10:40 AM

@ Neonrider, there's an old version which was created back in 2013, and a new version created in 2020, which is named reBOOT reDUX.

In March 2020, the reBOOT template was completely rewritten, and due to the time invested in development we've released it as a new separate template.

reDUX is based on the latest Bootstrap v4.6.1. The old reBOOT version uses Bootstrap v3.4.1.

www.cheapglasses.net 01-16-2022 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How to download, pls?

PhilJ 01-18-2022 10:04 AM

@ cheap, please PM me the country you're in and IP address, in case they're blocked by accident.
Thanks.

Dougrun 01-21-2022 09:00 AM

my email icon for product stock notifications is missing. Was this removed? I can see the code but the icon doesnt show when a 0 stock variant is selected. Seems to be ok on non-variants (tested with low notification) but i have zero stock items set to not show so it wont work with that setting. I know it worked as far back as last august as I have B notification on some shoes that are variants.

PhilJ 01-21-2022 09:49 AM

@Doug, no, maybe check the module settings in /admin/configuration.php?option=Product_Notifications

Drop me a PM if you need any help.

Dougrun 01-21-2022 11:02 AM

seems to be this:
Code:

{if $config.Product_Notifications.prod_notif_enabled_B eq 'Y'  && $product.avail eq 0}
                {assign var="show_notif_B" value="Y"}
              {/if}

if I drop the " && $product.avail eq 0", it shows, or if i change it to "$variantid.avail eq 0" it shows. but then it shows even if a variant thats in stock is selected. i'll live with i that way.

PhilJ 02-12-2022 10:20 PM

Quick way to add sort by 'Date' in the product 'Sort By...' dropdown...

1) Apply this SQL patch...
Code:

REPLACE INTO xcart_config VALUES ('products_order','Select the order in which products should be displayed within a category','add_date','Appearance',110,'selector','orderby','productcode:lbl_sku\ntitle:lbl_product\norderby:lbl_default\nprice:lbl_price\nsales_stats:lbl_sales\nreview_rating:lbl_acr_sort_by_review_rating\nadd_date:lbl_date','','');

2) In /include/search.php

After...
Code:

'sales_stats' => 'lbl_sales',

Insert...
Code:

'add_date' => 'lbl_date',

Then before...
Code:

default:
                $sort_string = "$sql_tbl[products_lng_current].product";

Insert...
Code:

case 'add_date':
                $sort_string = "$sql_tbl[products].add_date $direction";
                break;

peggyr 02-14-2022 11:40 AM

Hi Phil,

I just noticed something where the reDUX category sequence on my 'first category' is appearing in SKU sequence, and not the preferred item sequence as specified in the admin panel-> category products-> position.

All 'other' categories are appearing as preferenced in the cat products-> position column.

I do NOT think this has always been happening, but, not sure.

I start the ordering Pos sequence value with '0', which I always have done.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peggy

PhilJ 02-15-2022 12:07 AM

@Peggy, I believe you have to set "Select the order in which products should be displayed within a category" to "Default" in Admin > General Settings > Appearance.

peggyr 02-15-2022 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Phil,

the products are displayed in 'default' in admin panel->general settings->appearance

Any other ideas?

I know these were listed in the correct sequence at some point, can't think of what I could have done to change it, and only to the 'first' category.

Going to run a test on my 'test server', and move the category around to see if the problem is on the 'first category' or 'this category' stay tuned.

Peggy

Dougrun 02-25-2022 02:35 PM

is there any way to create an advanced search that could search by variant name? Say someone wanted a "7.5" shoe what had stock > 0
possible??

PhilJ 02-26-2022 12:45 PM

Not that I know of Doug, it's probably quite involved, but I'll have a think ... maybe give Steve or BCSE a shout.

There were 'make/model/year' type mods floating about at one time, which I think utilised product extra fields... maybe one of them could do the job...

OOH, this is my 4000th post, woot ;)

BCSE 02-28-2022 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougrun
is there any way to create an advanced search that could search by variant name? Say someone wanted a "7.5" shoe what had stock > 0
possible??

Yes it could be done. Drop us an email if you want.

Thanks,

Carrie

vulcan-works 03-03-2022 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougrun
my email icon for product stock notifications is missing. Was this removed? I can see the code but the icon doesnt show when a 0 stock variant is selected. Seems to be ok on non-variants (tested with low notification) but i have zero stock items set to not show so it wont work with that setting. I know it worked as far back as last august as I have B notification on some shoes that are variants.

Im having this same problem, out of stock notification button does not show on variant products only. Works everywhere else.
Was this resolved?

Dougrun 03-03-2022 08:39 AM

no, see post #411 for my work around.

peggyr 03-18-2022 07:55 AM

Hi Phil,

With Redux generation of sitemap_images.xml, is there a way to 'disable' the selection of 'static pages' in the generated output?

Eg, About Us, Ts&Cs, Privacy statement, shipping info, etc...

Thanks

Peggy

PhilJ 03-18-2022 08:28 AM

Hi Peggy, I expect you meant the main XML sitemap, not the images XML sitemap.

You can edit the array of items that get outputted to the sitemap in /modules/XML_Sitemap/config.php
Code:

3 => array(
        'type'          => 'S',
        'items_function' => 'xmlmap_get_pages',
        'properties'    => array(
            'lastmod'    => '',
            'changefreq' => 'never',
            'priority'  => '0.2',
        ),
    ),

peggyr 03-18-2022 08:45 AM

Thx Phil,

I did mean sitemap_images.xml

eg one entry below. Then the image file is 'always' the link to the previous entry image file, caption and title.
<url>
<loc>https://mystore.com/terms-and-conditions.html</loc>
<image:image>
<image:loc><![CDATA[https://mystore.com/images/T/widget1.jpg]]></image:loc>
<image:caption><![CDATA[Widget 1]]></image:caption>
<image:title><![CDATA[Widget 1]]></image:title>
</image:image>
</url>

PhilJ 03-18-2022 09:23 AM

Hmm, I'm not seeing that entry in your sitemap_images.xml
Perhaps drop me a line to explain a bit more.

peggyr 03-18-2022 09:33 AM

I edited them OUT, sending you full 'un-edited' file

Thx

PhilJ 04-14-2022 11:14 AM

14th April 2022 - v4.7.12.8 Update - Changelog
  • NEW General FAQ system with easy to use manager, unlimited categories and faqs - Demo
  • NEW Gallery system with easy to use manager, unlimited galleries and images - Demo
  • NEW Bulk product detailed images uploader - Drag and drop up to 10 images at a time.
  • FIX Refine filters now work correctly on manufacturer catalog pages (no page refresh).
  • UPDATE Flickity carousel JS updated, which should help with performance and 'Cumulative Layout Shifts'.
  • UPDATE flatpickr date picker updated to latest version.
  • UPDATE Recent visitors improved, it's now generally faster to navigate around, minor fixes, SQL errors eliminated.
  • UPDATE Minor changes to the Glossary manager.
  • UPDATE 'Ping Bing' button removed from XML sitemap generator page - Info
Price reduced to $99 for a limited time (happy easter!) - Purchase

If you need help upgrading, just drop me a line.

Dougrun 04-15-2022 09:25 AM

I'm having a serious issue with the variants not matching what the customer selects. If I use a standard drop down, and select a variant that is out of stock, the button still changes to "added" and goes back to add. but nothing gets added. If I use the inline radio sizes, it chooses a completely different size or shows an out of stock error where in fact there is stock, so the variants aren't matching. How does this happen? Rebuilding variants doesn't always fix it. I added a huge "verify your size message to the add to cart popup, hopefully that helps. I need a better popup for "out of stock" variants.

Dougrun 04-18-2022 01:21 PM

after the update, if I try and access the gallery manager, i get a blank page and

[18-Apr-2022 14:16:49 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'admin/main/xgallery.tpl' in 'common_templates.tpl'

no such file exists except in the modules/xgallery folder.

PhilJ 04-18-2022 11:20 PM

@Doug, thanks for that. I've updated the upgrade zip file ... Please double check readme.txt

Upload the following just in case, but if you encounter any more issues, please let me know.

/skin/reboot/admin/main/xfaq.tpl
/skin/reboot/admin/main/xgallery.tpl
/admin/xfaq.php
/admin/xgallery.php
/admin/xgallery_upload.php

peggyr 04-19-2022 10:52 AM

Phil,
reDUX update 4.7.12.8 applied and live.

THANKS!

Dougrun 05-20-2022 09:46 AM

How can I enable word/paragraph wrapping on my static pages? Mobile devices it just goes off the page.

PhilJ 05-22-2022 11:34 PM

@Doug, you might need to tidy up your static page(s) HTML. Paragraphs and unordered lists etc. should wrap fine, unless the HTML is badly formatted, or there's missing closing HTML tags etc.

The responsive class "img-fluid" is automatically added to all images, so they shouldn't cause any issues.

There's also a small utility available that lists any elements that 'spill outside' of the current viewport to the browser console.

Near the bottom of /skin/reboot/js/reboot.js

Set...
Code:

var showOCElems = false;
To...
Code:

var showOCElems = true;
Then refresh the page and check your browser console. You may need to clear the template cache.

Dougrun 05-23-2022 08:33 AM

thanks, it was a certain browser that is getting worse (seamonkey), looks fine on others.

peggyr 07-18-2022 08:06 AM

Hi Phil,

What's the best way to 'clear' to reduce the ip-cache over time?

I've only seen how to clear all or nothing. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Peggy

PhilJ 07-19-2022 10:27 PM

@ Peggy, yes it's clear 'all' or nothing, but there are buttons that allow you to export the data.
I've just sent you a revised /skin/reboot/admin/reboot_visitors.tpl file which improves the exported data filenames.

PhilJ 07-25-2022 11:37 PM

25th July 2022 - Bootstrap JS and CSS updated to v4.6.2 - Files available in the changelog.

sinobest 08-03-2022 03:10 AM

@PhilJ
1 How to change the Homepage slide title, and sub title text colors, pls?

2.How to move the text to top, or bottom, pls?

sinobest 08-03-2022 04:34 AM

@PhilJ
1 how to change the submenu width, and let the width automatically?
2 how to change the banner text color?
3 how to let the big banner be 100% wide?

https://www.helloeyewear.com
tsk
https://forum.x-cart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5685&stc=1&d=165953015 1

sinobest 08-03-2022 04:46 AM

Can we remove these?

PhilJ 08-03-2022 08:33 AM

To change the homepage slider caption colours, edit /skin/reboot/css/misc/flickity_captions.css

To make the homepage slider fill the screen width, go to the template settings > slider
- Set 'Slider position' to 'Outside Main Container'
- Set 'Slider outer container' to 'Fluid'

To make the menu dropdown categories wider, edit /skin/reboot/css/x-menu.css
Change...
Code:

nav.xmenu ul ul li { width: 200px; float: none; display: list-item; position: relative; }
to eg.
Code:

nav.xmenu ul ul li { width: 300px; float: none; display: list-item; position: relative; }
To remove the prefetch code, edit /skin/reboot/custom/prefetch.tpl