X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Must "Accept terms" before submitting the order (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=20597)

Zaja 11-29-2009 04:40 AM

Re: Must "Accept terms" before submitting the order

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro
1.) Is this mod supposed to add two checkboxes? One at the "personal details" page and one at the "place order" page?

No, there is only one check box, at the "submit/place order" page.

Pyro 11-29-2009 08:40 AM

Zaja,

Thanks alot! [=

manishp 12-05-2009 06:57 PM

Thanks Zaja for the wonderful Mod.

I have installed it as per the directions and for some reason, my Submit Button stays the same regardless if I check the checkbox or leave it uncheck. I surely can't click on Submit, if the Checkbox is unchecked but, it doesn't appear to be disabled as depicted in the Demo. Am I missing something in the installation?

Also, I was wondering if instead of disabling, what will I need to change if I want to popup an alert Box if the customer tries to click Submit without checking the checkbox.

Thanks once again for sharing such a wonderful mod.

Regards,
Manish

Zaja 12-07-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishp
Am I missing something in the installation?

It is impossible to say without seeing your modification(tpl file).

manishp 12-07-2009 04:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the files. 2 are from the must_accept_terms folder which came with the patch and the 3rd one is checkout_3_place.tpl from Fast Lane Checkout.

Attachment 1752

Attachment 1753

Attachment 1754

Thanks so much for replying back.

tam10 12-09-2009 08:46 AM

Great!! Works excellent on 4.3
Thank you

Tammy

manishp 12-10-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Here are the files. 2 are from the must_accept_terms folder which came with the patch and the 3rd one is checkout_3_place.tpl from Fast Lane Checkout.

Attachment 1752

Attachment 1753

Attachment 1754

Thanks so much for replying back.

Looks like the button looks disabled in IE but not in Firefox. However, using the same Firefox, when I use your demo, the button does look disabled. Did you make any changes to get the appearances of the button to appear as disabled in Firefox as well?

Zaja 12-10-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Did you make any changes to get the appearances of the button to appear as disabled in Firefox as well?

No, I'm not sure why you have problem in Firefox, your modification looks fine. You can also test using Opera, Safari or Chrome.

manishp 12-12-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaja
No, I'm not sure why you have problem in Firefox, your modification looks fine. You can also test using Opera, Safari or Chrome.

Chrome also works the same way for me :(

So, I put on my thinking cap ON and edited your method to throw an alert if the checkbox is not checked and the customer clicks on Submit. A nice change will probably be for me to show and hide a div section right above Submit, so that rather than an alert, users see a message.

Thanks so much Zaja for helping me out and for your prompt responses. I really appreciate all your help.

littlebird1111 12-15-2009 12:24 PM

Thank you Zaja! I am a total newbie and this mod was so easy to install.

Does anyone out there like to display your Terms & Conditions directly on the Checkout page (so there's more chance people actually read them)? If so, please share the code you use!