X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 1 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=17404)

youngvet1 10-30-2005 06:34 AM

It would really be something if the API of the major shipping carriers such as

fedex, ups , usps could be integrated directly into the back end of x-cart.

Meaning right from admin panel, if say i have usps account, i can view an order print its postage and label( charging my account i have with the shipping carrier) and it would automatically put the tracking info into the order details.

All with the convenience of not leaving the admin.

Light Speed 10-30-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngvet1
It would really be something if the API of the major shipping carriers such as

fedex, ups , usps could be integrated directly into the back end of x-cart.

Meaning right from admin panel, if say i have usps account, i can view an order print its postage and label( charging my account i have with the shipping carrier) and it would automatically put the tracking info into the order details.

All with the convenience of not leaving the admin.

It is possible as some people here on the forum have hacked this in for customers.

NuAlpha 10-31-2005 12:12 PM

Ahh yes, one other feature that would be greatly appreciated is to ensure that Xcart is compatible with MySQL 5.0.

Light Speed 10-31-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuAlpha
Ahh yes, one other feature that would be greatly appreciated is to ensure that Xcart is compatible with MySQL 5.0.

Yes!!!

Since MySQL 5 was officially released last week it is time.

My host has been running a test server with 5 installed and is only waiting for cpanel to be compliant. When it is all servers will be upgraded to MySQL 5 like it or not.

5 has been available for developers to test for a long time now and it offers many things that many people want so I think that hosts will make the move sooner rather than later.

ETInteractive.com 10-31-2005 03:53 PM

# Stored Procedures
# Triggers
# Views

Xcart should have all many of its sql functions rewritten to take advantage of stored procedures!

Xcart should develop views for reporting which link together tables, like product, product_categories, categories....into a easy to read report.

opens up a whole new world from a DB standpoint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light Speed
Quote:

Yes!!!

Since MySQL 5 was officially released last week it is time.

My host has been running a test server with 5 installed and is only waiting for cpanel to be compliant. When it is all servers will be upgraded to MySQL 5 like it or not.

5 has been available for developers to test for a long time now and it offers many things that many people want so I think that hosts will make the move sooner rather than later.

rrf 11-01-2005 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherie
Quote:

What coding application do you currently use for your code highlighting?

vim

Same as X-Cart devs :).

golfguy 11-01-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

I'm having the same problem. After clicking import I am redirected to a page with a message that says it's checking the csv file and nothing else happens, it just hangs. Not even an error message.

Ditto

NuAlpha 11-01-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrf
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherie
Quote:

What coding application do you currently use for your code highlighting?

vim

Same as X-Cart devs :).

Really wishing I had a Mac. Vim and SubEthaEdit look very handy. :cry:

Though I can't really beat the PHP code checking abilities of Zend Studio with anything else yet.

NuAlpha 11-01-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETInteractive.com
# Stored Procedures
# Triggers
# Views

I would just be happy if they would stop using seperate "SELECT COUNT(*)" queries to calculate the total navigation pages and instead just use "SELECT FOUND_ROWS()" which is far faster and far less resource intensive.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-functions.html#id3078928

B00MER 11-01-2005 11:12 AM

Not everyone runs 4.0-5.0 of MySQL. There are better ways to approach this, one query, and count the keys in the array holding the results with PHP instead of two queries with gobs of useless conditions that just slows down the server even more.

I've been upgrading a 3.5.x site to 4.0.x and it has over 6k products, and I can't even get past the home page without killing the big sql select lines in include/search.php.
Code:

db_query("SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1");