X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   X-Payments issues & questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   X-Payments In Iframe (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64082)

photo 06-24-2012 10:04 AM

X-Payments In Iframe

Is there any reason instead of xpayments sending you to a new page to enter your card details it could not be setup to open in a iframe on the same page somewhat like Sage Pay Go with Server & inFrame integration does it?

I would think this would be a huge selling point for Qualiteam as almost all of the complaints I've read about xpayments seem to be about it adding an extra page to the checkout.

QT, could you please chime in on this?

Thanks

ambal 06-24-2012 11:15 PM

Re: X-Payments In Iframe

There are a couple of technical difficulties that we need to have sorted out first of all, but yes, we do plan to release X-Cart connector that will add iFrame support for X-Payments. It should happen soon.

PS:
iFrame support is mostly on X-Cart connector side, not X-Payments.

photo 06-25-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
There are a couple of technical difficulties that we need to have sorted out first of all, but yes, we do plan to release X-Cart connector that will add iFrame support for X-Payments. It should happen soon.

PS:
iFrame support is mostly on X-Cart connector side, not X-Payments.

This is excellent news!
Thanks Qualiteam.

ambal 06-25-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo
This is excellent news!
Thanks Qualiteam.

Too early to say "Thanks". Let us release X-Cart version with iframe support for X-Payments.

PS:
I can't tell you time frames when it is going to happen. I'll post an announcement about it once we do it.

cflsystems 06-25-2012 07:26 AM

Alex this will be very good yes as it will take out that one extra page load. But why iframe payment methods that do exists in XC are loaded on a separate page as well? That was one question I asked some time ago and did not get an answer. A perfect example is Quantum Gateway - their iframe is coded in XC and works great - the only problem again is it loads on a separate page. If this was to load on the checkout page when selecting CC payment, as it should, it will make the XC OPC look like OPC

ambal 06-26-2012 01:46 AM

Steve, Photo, I'll send you a link with preview of our iframe connector for X-Cart 4.5.x later. I hope to get your feedback on this feature before we release it.

ambal 06-26-2012 01:48 AM

> But why iframe payment methods that do exists in XC are loaded on a separate
> page as well? That was one question I asked some time ago and did not get an
> answer.

Sorry, I can't comment on that as I do not know the details. Try to PM Seyfin.

cflsystems 06-26-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Steve, Photo, I'll send you a link with preview of our iframe connector for X-Cart 4.5.x later. I hope to get your feedback on this feature before we release it.

When you can. Hopefully that would be major improvement

wjbrewer 06-26-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
But why iframe payment methods that do exists in XC are loaded on a separate page as well?

I believe X-Payments/connector requires a valid X-Cart registration for the connector to work, which is why everything goes to the X-Payments page after the form is submitted and a user is created in X-Cart.

You may not even need X-Payments if you have a payment processor with an iframe option. Almost any iframe can be loaded dynamically. I just integrated the Quantum Gateway into the alteredCart One Page Checkout in a completely seamless manner. From the customers perspective they just enter their data on the checkout form, and the page controls where this data is sent to maintain compliance.

Code:

/ -> Register data to X-Cart.----\
Checkout                                  |----> Invoice
        \ -> CC data to payment processor/

I can see a worst case scenario where this will end up being another button on the X-Cart OPC.

Enter userinfo -> click button to see shipping -> select shipping -> click button to load CC page -> Enter CC data -> click button to submit page.

cflsystems 06-26-2012 10:30 AM

I am not talking about X-Payments at all here. QG iframe is part of regular XC payment methods, no X-Payments is needed but the page still loads on a separate page after you click on "place order" on XC OPC. What you say you have done is what QT should have done for all iframe payment methods - select CC on OPC and the iframe loads to enter data - ON THE SAME PAGE

IRP 07-20-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Just wanted to follow up and see if you have any idea on when this might be released? Is it close?

cflsystems 07-20-2012 10:29 AM

I would guess is not ready yet as I have not heard from Alex to test it

ambal 07-23-2012 12:17 AM

Hi Folks,

Sorry for not keeping you informed and not letting you to test the iFrame One Step Checkout for X-Payments in advance. The last couple of weeks were really loaded with various tasks and things to do - we were preparing two releases - X-Cart v4.5.2 and X-Payments v1.0.5

A couple of days ago we released X-Payments v1.0.5 that is ready for iframe one step checkout in X-Cart v4.5.2. Those who have an X-Payments license can download 1.0.5 in "File Area" section of your HelpDesk accounts.

iFrame one step checkout for X-Payments works in X-Cart 4.5.2 integrated with X-Payments v1.0.5. The most of changes were submitted into built-in X-Payments connector module of X-Cart 4.5.2, but X-Payments needs to be upgraded to v1.0.5, too.

We are releasing v4.5.2 during next couple of days and going to post a joint announcement about v4.5.2 and v1.0.5 once release is done.

For those who use old versions of X-Cart - you will need either to upgrade your X-Cart to 4.5.2 or request/do custom coding of iFrame One Step checkout for your X-Cart version.

X-Payments upgrade is very easy - see http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:Upgrading - you should be able to do it yourself, but backup and using a test environment before going live is highly recommended as usual.

cflsystems 07-23-2012 07:57 AM

Well now this is something I cannot wait to see in action, hurry :) Hopefully it will be bug free and work ON the same checkout page without redirect

Duramax 6.6L 07-23-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Well now this is something I cannot wait to see in action, hurry :) Hopefully it will be bug free and work ON the same checkout page without redirect

X2

ambal 07-24-2012 01:58 AM

Here is a screen shot of the 1step checkout

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03f32cq9ec7fjpv/1-step_checkout.png

ambal 07-24-2012 04:01 AM

Here is video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjdOdVVnnM

photo 07-24-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

That looks excellent Alex.
I am sure this is going to make a lot of people happy, including myself.

ambal 07-24-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo
That looks excellent Alex.
I am sure this is going to make a lot of people happy, including myself.

Don't forget to press "I like" for that video ;)

Regs 07-24-2012 05:13 AM

Will this be available/back-ported for earlier versions of xcart?

ambal 07-24-2012 05:17 AM

> Will this be available/back-ported for earlier versions of xcart?

I fear we are not planning this at the moment.

Emerson 07-24-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Very nice!

cflsystems 07-24-2012 08:08 AM

Finally something that stays/pays on same page. Great job QT.

Question: is this for X-Payments only? Some gateways have their own iframe which currently loads on separate page - will that change? so these payment gateways iframes load on the same OPC without using X-Payments?

Suggestion: re-organize this page. You switched "payment methods" block with "coupons" block and it seems it messes up the pay-flow process. "order summary" block is before "payment methods" block which doesn't seem right. Something like this may work way better

http://www.cflsystems.com/public/everyone/opc-1.jpg

http://www.cflsystems.com/public/everyone/opc-2.jpg

ambal 07-24-2012 10:45 PM

Steve, yes, this is for X-Payments. After all this is a forum about X-Payments and I am the manager of X-Payments project ;)

Thank you for the suggestion - we may implement that in X-Cart v4.5.3 or 4.5.4 but we had to do that such layout due to technical reasons - in order to prevent creating false not-finished orders (they disturb our merchants a lot).

Anyway, we are launching this new feature this week and going to collect feedback about it to make improvements in future versions.

cflsystems 07-25-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Steve, yes, this is for X-Payments. After all this is a forum about X-Payments and I am the manager of X-Payments project ;)

You are right but I though I shoudl ask anyway :)

Quote:

Thank you for the suggestion - we may implement that in X-Cart v4.5.3 or 4.5.4 but we had to do that such layout due to technical reasons - in order to prevent creating false not-finished orders (they disturb our merchants a lot).

Does that means that if using X-Payments iFrame and customer selects CC - order is immediatelly created even though customer may not be done adding coupons or products to cart or may not even want to checkout? Sounds like it...

ambal 07-25-2012 07:39 AM

> Does that means that if using X-Payments iFrame and customer selects CC -
> order is immediatelly created even though customer may not be done adding
> coupons or products to cart or may not even want to checkout? Sounds like it...

No, new order is not created. A redundant database entry about started-but-not-finished order may be created under certain circumstances. But no redundant charges and fake orders. Perhaps we are too careful about that.

cflsystems 07-25-2012 07:51 AM

If order is not create before customer hits "place order" then it's good. Just wanted to clarify that. The reason for the question - with present setup after customer clicks on "place order" order is created in db and then customer is redirected to payment page. If they cancel at that point order stays in db as "not finished" - that is what a lot of XC users complain about. Whit what you are saying now sounds like order will be created after customer provides all the info on the page including payment and clicks on "place order" button - which is how it should work - so no not-finished orders (at least not for that reason). Of course all this apply to X-Payments iframe

ambal 07-25-2012 08:14 AM

Steve, it works similarly to the current checkout flow. No order is created before customer hits "Submit".

cflsystems 07-25-2012 08:17 AM

Thanks Alex

Denis.ka 07-30-2012 08:22 AM

Hi,

Could you confirm that the work of x-payments via iframe is PCI compliant? Is there a source that confirms that the use of iframe is acceptable? Is it necessry for our site to pass the PCI validation in order to use the iframe? Can we move the data input form to our site and send that data to x-payments processing system? If yes then are there any instructions for it?

cflsystems 07-30-2012 09:10 AM

You have to do quarterly scans and SAQ no matter what. Showing payment form in an iFrame is PCI compliant as the form is generated and comes directly form the payment gateway

ambal 07-30-2012 11:22 PM

> Can we move the data input form to our site and send that data to x-payments
> processing system?

Yes, if your site software is PA-DSS certified and you are going to validate this change under PA-DSS, too.

ambal 08-29-2012 04:43 AM

Folks, we need your comments (suggestions, critics, kudos) on our new checkout flow for X-Cart v4:
OPC without X-Payments: http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/public/xcart
OPC with iFrame X-Payments: http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/public/xpayments

We want to improve checkout routine in one of our next X-Cart releases. Your active help is welcome!

photo 08-29-2012 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Folks, we need your comments (suggestions, critics, kudos) on our new checkout flow for X-Cart v4:
OPC without X-Payments: http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/public/xcart
OPC with iFrame X-Payments: http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/public/xpayments

We want to improve checkout routine in one of our next X-Cart releases. Your active help is welcome!

Personally I do not like how the information is displayed in columns on the OPC on either link. To me it seems "scattered" looking and confusing.

I feel a much more cleaner, less confusing and more appealing way to layout a OPC is in rows, not columns.

I took a screengrab off a websites OPC to show you an example of what I am talking about, please see attached photo.

gb2world 08-29-2012 10:03 AM

Thanks for your attention to the one page checkout process. It looks much improved.

Do you have test credit card numbers we can use?

I tried to use test numbers that I know - but when they are not accepted, no error or warning messages appear - it just clears the fields. It does put a red border around the field with which it has a problem - but an message explaining the problem is also needed. When the test numbers I use are accepted, the order does go through, but fails.

I also got the error about unsecure content when I hit the submit button on the X-Payments iframe

Now if there could be an iframe or shadowbox for other hosted gateways that allow it - that would be great.

---

ambal 08-29-2012 11:04 PM

> Do you have test credit card numbers we can use?

You can use the following test credit card numbers when testing your connection. The expiration date must be set to the present date or later:
- American Express Test Card: 370000000000002
- Discover Test Card: 6011000000000012
- Visa Test Card: 4007000000027
- Second Visa Test Card: 4012888818888
- JCB: 3088000000000017
- Diners Club/ Carte Blanche: 38000000000006

CVV/CVC code - any

floracal 08-30-2012 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Alex,

Using Internet Explorer 9 and 10 it will not redirect (IE Pic)

Works fine with Google Chrome and Firefox.