X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   General questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Default Product Values (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=72926)

superdave144 10-16-2015 09:21 AM

Default Product Values

How do you change the default product values? I would like the default product quantity to be 1.

razortw 10-16-2015 11:08 AM

Re: Default Product Values

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdave144
How do you change the default product values? I would like the default product quantity to be 1.

Hello.
Please specify your X-Cart version.
It would be useful to add it into your signature.
Thanks.

superdave144 10-16-2015 11:15 AM

5126 I think

BrianY 10-18-2015 05:30 PM

Dave,

Are you talking about the default quantity on the product page when a customer adds the item to the cart? If so, I believe the default is 1.

To change this number go to the Admin area of your X-Cart and navigate to the details page for an individual product. On this page select the "Inventory tracking" tab. Here you can change the Minimum purchase quantity.

superdave144 10-19-2015 01:52 AM

When you are adding a new product to the product catalog. The product has default values like quantity 1000

BrianY 10-19-2015 03:23 AM

Quote:

When you are adding a new product to the product catalog. The product has default values like quantity 1000

To change the default would require a custom module in XC5. When creating the new product you have a lot of the standard options on the "Add product" page in admin, including the "Quantity in stock" field. I guess you want to streamline the adding products and deal with as few of these fields as possible.

Another option after adding all of the products for a category is to look at the products as a list by clicking into the category. There you can change the "In stock" value for multiple products with one Save action.

Additionally, if importing products you can set this value to whatever you want in your import file. Even if adding the products by hand and wanting a quick way to bulk edit, you could export, edit the .csv, and re-import with the new values.

Hope some of this helps.

superdave144 10-19-2015 05:26 AM

Ok Thank you Brian. Maybe having a button on the bottom of the product page "Set as product defaults" might be a nice feature to add to x-cart.

razortw 10-19-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

5126 I think

Thanks.
To change the default quantity you should change the value of the AMOUNT_DEFAULT_INV_TRACK constant in the /classes/XLite/Model/Inventory.php file (line 49)
By default it is
Code:

const AMOUNT_DEFAULT_INV_TRACK = 1000;
Just change it to
Code:

const AMOUNT_DEFAULT_INV_TRACK = 1;
and re-deploy the store.

BrianY 10-19-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razortw
Thanks.
To change the default quantity you should change the value of the AMOUNT_DEFAULT_INV_TRACK constant in the /classes/XLite/Model/Inventory.php file (line 49)
By default it is
Code:

const AMOUNT_DEFAULT_INV_TRACK = 1000;
Just change it to
Code:

const AMOUNT_DEFAULT_INV_TRACK = 1;
and re-deploy the store.

Igor,

If he upgrades XC5 will these changes remain?

superdave144 10-19-2015 11:29 AM

Yes! Thank you! I'll try tonight and get back to you.