X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   HOW TO REMOVE "Powered by X-Cart ecommerce shopping cart software" (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=50702)

thesaint_nexus 11-12-2009 11:13 PM

HOW TO REMOVE "Powered by X-Cart ecommerce shopping cart software"

Can anyone tell me how to remove "Powered by X-Cart ecommerce shopping cart software" from the bottom of my site?

Thanks.

pauldodman 11-13-2009 01:09 AM

Re: HOW TO REMOVE "Powered by X-Cart ecommerce shopping cart software"

Edit skin1/customer/bottom.tpl and remove:
<div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div>

thesaint_nexus 11-13-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldodman
Edit skin1/customer/bottom.tpl and remove:
<div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div>

Problem Solved! :D Thanks dude!

balinor 11-13-2009 05:19 AM

FYI: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=20303

suseela 01-31-2013 03:01 AM

Thanks, i have removed powered by xcart ecommerce. I have little knowledge of html. However, just wanted to check with you, if done the right way.

Opened bottom.tpl. Xcart opens in editor. i simply selected <div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div> and deleted. Hope I have done this correctly.

pauldodman 01-31-2013 03:53 AM

Yes, that should do - just check your site/footer still looks ok and job done.

carpeperdiem 01-31-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suseela
Thanks, i have removed powered by xcart ecommerce. I have little knowledge of html. However, just wanted to check with you, if done the right way.

Opened bottom.tpl. Xcart opens in editor. i simply selected <div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div> and deleted. Hope I have done this correctly.

2 suggestions:

1. instead of editing inside x-cart, you should seriously consider using an FTP client with integrated text editor.

2. Instead of deleting template code, it's always a good idea to comment the code out while testing - so you can easily restore if something doesn't work as expected. In a template file, to comment something out, surround the code with {* i want to comment all of this code out *}

so instead of deleting the prnotice.tpl include, it would looks like this:

Code:

{* <div class="left">{include file="main/prnotice.tpl"}</div> *}

Using comments helps you understand the edits you made - gives you an easier path to restore if need be, and in case someone else is looking at the code someday, the next person will see what you did (even if the next person is you!). It's very good practice to comment the daylights out of your code edits. You may remember what you did and why today, but come back in a year or 3 years -- WTF did I do that? Ah... it's commented.

There are different ways to comment templats (smarty) vs. php or html files. This method is for smarty templates (anything in x-cart that is .tpl)

HTH

J

suseela 01-31-2013 09:28 PM

Thanks much. I shall do that henceforth. Now i am looking at moving the social sharing buttons, which are at the bottom (in the same line of powered by xcart) to a top location.

Please help

suseela 01-31-2013 09:32 PM

also if can tell me a popular FTP client with integrated text editor...it would be great

cflsystems 02-01-2013 12:34 AM

You can use WinFTP, CuteFTP, Filezilla... there are number of FTP clients