X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Forum FAQs and guides (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   getting pics out of db (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8438)

pauldodman 03-01-2005 04:59 AM

I don't know if this will help anyone here, but I have just performed the dreaded move images to the file system (if only we knew this when we started). Anyway, when I first did it, I thought that the images were still in the DB and as others have done, deleted them only to find they were no longer in the shop.

My point is this, when I checked carefully, it only appears that the images are still in the DB, when in fact they are now just references to the images now on the server. The DB no longer has the massive Blob data just the new file locations, so should be smaller.

Like others, I was worried about doing this operation with the fear of it failing and having to reload tons of photos, but followed the help here and it was fine.

Paul Dodman
e-business consultant
Lumino Internet
luminointernet.co.uk

rjcbear 03-01-2005 09:54 AM

I am glad that help you.

Now you can always look at your logs to see if they were moved from the DB to the FS. If it did not move it will be label as "FAILED"

Kind regards,
Ricky[/b]

nfc5382 03-12-2005 02:56 AM

I'm getting ready to move images out of the DB. Below is the current stats:

# products: ~3000
Thumbnails: 34MB

Those that have successfully moved to the filesystem are there any problems with larger stores? Am I going to have to worry about timing out or anything with these numbers?

I'm of course going to backup before doing this but I wanted to ask first.

thanks!

nfc5382 03-23-2005 03:18 PM

Ok, I tried this on a backup which went OK without any problems so I did it on the live site. No problems and my DB has changed from ~190MB to ~30MB.

Thanks again for all your help! Now I just have to change my cron job to zip up the images weekly..

PersonalizedFitness 04-27-2005 08:53 AM

Here is my issue, we created a new website called exercise wisdom and xcart (ver 4.0.10), we have an existing website called vitaman cafe with an older cart (ver 3.5.1), we have now decided that we want to take our old cart, that is on a different site, and delete is and install a new cart (ver 4.0.10) export all the data and images from the exercise wisdom site and import it into the newer vitaman cafe site.

Is this possible, whats the easiest way? We tried and were able to export the csv but doesnt contain paths to images, we also managed to export the images and copied them over thanks to these posts. The images were originally stored in the database. We were able to import the products but not the images. I could use some help :?: :?:

jedak 06-13-2005 08:16 PM

Hi all like everyone I attempted the move from db to fs. Followed instructions as directed. Here are the errors that I receive:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/simply4/public_html/config.php:666) in /home/simply4/public_html/referer.php on line 61

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/simply4/public_html/config.php:666) in /home/simply4/public_html/include/get_language.php on line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/simply4/public_html/config.php:666) in /home/simply4/public_html/include/get_language.php on line 135

Can someone please lend a hand none of my store's images are appearing. :(

Thanks

Danielle 06-13-2005 08:23 PM

Log on to cpanel, go into this file:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedak
/public_html/config.php

And make sure there are no blank lines at the end. If there are, delete them, save it, and then try again :)

jedak 06-13-2005 08:38 PM

Thanks guys the problem was resolved the 'config.php' file had several blank lines at the end. Removed them and its working again. :D

Danielle 06-13-2005 08:49 PM

Wonderful!!! Isn't it nice when it's an easy fix :D