X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=48000)

xplorer 06-08-2009 11:11 PM

More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3

Hi everybody,

X-Cart 4.3 is almost ready so I would like to provide you with more information on its features and changes from X-Cart 4.2.

Major changes from 4.2 are:
- built-in X-AOM, X-RMA and Flyout Menus modules;
- built-in X-Cart 4.2 skins plus a new "Vivid Dream" skin plus a 2-column version of "Light&Lucid" skin;
- AJAX minicart and product ratings;
- collapsible categories menu;
- revised backend menu;
- quick order/product/user search function;
- history of order statuses;
- gift wrap option;
- custom title tags;
- integration with Carrier-calculated Shipping API for Google Checkout;
- support for Fraud Management Filters when processing payments by PayPal Website Payments Pro (US & Canada merchants);
- integration with Global Gateway, Amazon SimplePay, NAB Transact, HSBC Secure ePayments (API) and Cybersource (SOAP API) payment gateways;
- support for FedEx Web Services API;
- data import from LiteCommerce;
- multi-tier affiliate plans and rates [X-Affiliate add-on];
- support for many unpopular payment systems is dropped off.

In July we will let you know how to participate in X-Cart 4.3 beta testing (the exact date depends on results of alpha testing our Q&A staff are performing right now).

I will be monitoring this topic for a couple of working days. So, if you have any questions on 4.3 feel free to ask here.

carpeperdiem 06-09-2009 03:32 AM

Re: More info on upcoming X-Cart 4.3

Vyacheslav,

Can you please comment on upgrade scripts that will be available? What is the oldest version database that you will have an upgrade for?

Trying to determine the justification for upgrading from version 4.1.x.

Thanks,

Jeremy

xplorer 06-09-2009 04:10 AM

4.3 will be released with a script upgrading 4.2.1 and 4.1.12 databases up to 4.3. I guess the script will work with older X-Cart versions provided they have the same database structure.

cflsystems 06-09-2009 04:31 AM

In addition to the db upgrade script will there be also upgrade for the cart structure tpl and php files or not?

xplorer 06-09-2009 04:44 AM

There will be no upgrade patches for the source code. Due to the amount of changes the patches wouldn't work without additional programming work for most customized X-Cart installations.

amy2203 06-09-2009 04:48 AM

Is V5 still expected by the end of 2009? seems like a lot of work to upgrade to 4.3 when 5.0 is right around the corner?

xplorer 06-09-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy2203
seems like a lot of work to upgrade to 4.3 when 5.0 is right around the corner?

It depends.

First of all, if you don't need the 4.3 features, there is no reason to upgrade your store. If complex custom modifications were made to your store, there is no reason to upgrade to 4.3 as well.

However, if the custom mods to your store are simple tweaks, I believe upgrade won't require a lot of work from a skilled programmer (especially if it's 4.2->4.3 upgrade). If you have no such skills, you always can order our upgrade services or find a talent programmer in X-Cart community.

P.S. "Late 2009" is still the planned date for X-Cart 5. And we do our best to get X-Cart 5 ready by that date.

hoosierglass 06-09-2009 06:20 AM

OK time for some honest opinion. How far into 2010 do you think it will be before v5 will be deemed stable?

There are some things I would like to do but I will wait if I am not looking at 12-18 months for a stabled version.

Phoenix Tech 06-09-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplorer
Hi everybody,

X-Cart 4.3 is almost ready so I would like to provide you with more information on its features and changes from X-Cart 4.2.

Major changes from 4.2 are:
- built-in X-AOM, X-RMA and Flyout Menus modules;
- built-in X-Cart 4.2 skins plus a new "Vivid Dream" skin plus a 2-column version of "Light&Lucid" skin;
- AJAX minicart and product ratings;
- collapsible categories menu;
- revised backend menu;
- quick order/product/user search function;
- history of order statuses;
- gift wrap option;
- custom title tags;
- integration with Carrier-calculated Shipping API for Google Checkout;
- support for Fraud Management Filters when processing payments by PayPal Website Payments Pro (US & Canada merchants);
- integration with Global Gateway, Amazon SimplePay, NAB Transact, HSBC Secure ePayments (API) and Cybersource (SOAP API) payment gateways;
- support for FedEx Web Services API;
- data import from LiteCommerce;
- multi-tier affiliate plans and rates [X-Affiliate add-on];
- support for many unpopular payment systems is dropped off.

In July we will let you know how to participate in X-Cart 4.3 beta testing (the exact date depends on results of alpha testing our Q&A staff are performing right now).

I will be monitoring this topic for a couple of working days. So, if you have any questions on 4.3 feel free to ask here.

so the AOM - RMA modules as well as the fancy categories will be available as an upgrade to 4.2.1?

i would also just like to double check that if i am still running a standard 4.2.1 cart with no aditional 3rd party mods, will my altered templates be affected when doing the upgrade?

smncc 06-09-2009 03:02 PM

I am new here and just read this post. I currently have XCart Pro 4.2.1 and am having issues trying to set up LinkPoint. So if I understand this correctly, as soon as I figure this issue out AND if I upgrade to the newer version, I will not be able to accept payments via LinkPoint. Is this correct?