X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74978)

PhilJ 03-07-2017 06:46 AM

Re: reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic

7th Mar 2017 - Now works with 'Send to Friend' form.

PhilJ 04-03-2017 07:32 PM

4th Apr 2017 - CURL version if 'file_get_contents' is disabled, also included (thanks to Nathaniƫl)

PhilJ 07-29-2017 02:43 PM

29th Jul 2017 - Now works with login.php

susilosaja 08-08-2017 08:29 AM

Thanks for the module phil. Been getting thousands of spam registration.

Questions :
1. On google admin site, there's the setting "Security Preference", which consists of 3 choices : Easiest for user, Most Secure, and one in the middle. What is the recommended setting?

2. I notice sometimes the recaptcha asked the user to click some images, multiple times, for extra verification. Won't this be too much for a real customer?

susilosaja 08-08-2017 09:42 PM

I noticed that when we disabled the recaptcha module, but still left the "enabled" setting in that module checked, it still check for the recaptcha. The user is then unable to pass the recaptcha check, even though there's no recaptcha on the form.

So on the php file, I add the checking whether the module is active. For example in register.php :

// reCAPTCHA
if ($current_area == 'C' && $main != 'checkout' && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_enabled'] == "Y" && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_site_key'] && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_secret_key']) {
include $xcart_dir . '/modules/reCAPTCHA/recaptcha_check_register.php';
}
// /reCAPTCHA

I change it to :

// reCAPTCHA
if ($current_area == 'C' && $main != 'checkout' &&
!empty($active_modules["reCAPTCHA"]) && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_enabled'] == "Y" &&
$config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_site_key'] && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_secret_key'])
{
include $xcart_dir . '/modules/reCAPTCHA/recaptcha_check_register.php';
}
// /reCAPTCHA

keystone 10-09-2017 12:05 PM

I installed the Recaptcha mod a while ago and I don't see anywhere to make it active when a customer leaves a product review. It only seems to work on Registration page, contact us, and sand to a friend by default, how did you all get it onto the advanced customer reviews page?

This is on a 4.6.0 classic store.
Thanks.

susilosaja 10-09-2017 08:38 PM

I can't remember exactly, so I may be wrong here. I dont think the recaptcha module provide verification for reviews. The Image Verification module has it though. It's what I use for reviews page.

PhilJ 10-10-2017 11:44 AM

Updated, reworked. Quite a few changes, see install.txt

- On template pages, the upper form JS is no longer required. JS goes in skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl
- Can now have multiple reCAPTCHAs on same page, which is handy if you have your own custom forms
- Now works with customer reviews, basic and advanced modules - DEMO
- Now works with password recovery page - DEMO
- Now works with newsletter subscription page - DEMO

DOWNLOAD

I suggest reuploading the files and going through the install again. No need to re-patch the database.

Captchas are not necessary for modal popup forms... ie. login / product ask a question etc. JS is required for modals and the mod detects if JS is enabled.

keystone 10-19-2017 05:52 AM

Very nice, thanks for updating that, was tired of reviews full of spam.

mattstyle2 10-19-2017 08:41 AM

Any way to hide this until it detects a user spamming? X number of requests within a time period. Such as 2 or 3 requests for form submission within a minute.

Matt