X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16820)

Shooter 01-11-2009 04:17 AM

Re: Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
I don't know, but rapidshare.de is not a phishing site.
Why click a link four years old and think its relevant to the version you are using?

A. - When I when to it my browser went nuts with PHISH WARNINGS...

A. - Because I can?

JWait 01-11-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter
A. - When I when to it my browser went nuts with PHISH WARNINGS...

It sounds like you need to fix your browser.

http://rapidshare.de/en/phishing.html

ChristineP 02-26-2009 10:36 AM

We purchased this mod and have it working. Can someone help me to get the root category not selectable if there is a subcategory. What my employer wants is when the mouse rolls over the menu if there is only a root category, then this will be selectable; otherwise if there is a subcategory-sub subcategory, then the root category is not selectable only the flyout subcategory-sub subcategory will be. Any suggestions are welcome.

JWait 02-26-2009 01:27 PM

The mod designer should be able to help you better than I can but why do you not want your root categories linked? They would still be linked from the breadcrumb trail regardless. If there are not products in the root category it is the perfect place for "featured products", or other content depending on how creative you are.

ChristineP 02-26-2009 01:39 PM

My thought is to have a write up about the product(s) in the category as an intro and selling point, but this request is coming from my co-worker. I have contacted the mod designer in 2-3 emails asking for a quote if this is possible, but he's fallen off responding.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Christine

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
The mod designer should be able to help you better than I can but why do you not want your root categories linked? They would still be linked from the breadcrumb trail regardless. If there are not products in the root category it is the perfect place for "featured products", or other content depending on how creative you are.

conradp24 03-08-2009 10:00 AM

I got the vertical and horizontal flyout category menu as part of the SEO Friendly Template v4.1.8 purchased from PhilJ and it works well.
Unfortunately the subcategories keep collapsing when I hover over the subcategories menu. I've tried everything and can't get it to work. I've e-mailed PhilJ a couple of times over the last few months well I've been developing the site but now I'm getting closer to finishing I really need this to be sorted out and I haven't heard a booh or a bah from him.

I tested it with the original template I bought before I modded it and same problem.
Anybody else had this?

Regards,
Conrad

PhilJ 03-08-2009 12:17 PM

Hi Conrad, get in touch and we should be able to sort it out.

conradp24 03-08-2009 11:28 PM

Thanks, send you a PM last night.

Conrad

PhilJ 03-09-2009 12:25 AM

The problem appears to be Safari only. I think it is because you have some broken images that the browser is trying to load from localhost 192.168.0.8 - If you wait a while and let the page elements load fully, the menus work fine. So the issue is not related to the menus.

conradp24 03-09-2009 03:39 AM

Hi Phil,
I would agree with that based on the symptoms but I get it with the default SEO friendly template as a default install before modifying. Mainly on the longer menus.
I've created a new VMware server with the default install to double check but it's still an issue so it can't be broken images that I've created.Expecting visitors to your site to wait until the menu sorts itself out is likely to aggravate them.
I would agree that it's Safari for XP only, I don't own a MAC so can't check against a MAC safari version.

Please would you have a look again on the same details I PM'd you it will show you the default install with the same problem.
I'm using Safari 4 after having the same problem with Safari 3.2

Regards,

Conrad

conradp24 05-20-2009 12:29 PM

Take that as a couldn't be bothered then....

DanUK 05-27-2009 04:25 AM

Hi,

We have Phil's 4 Level Vertical Flyout menu which works fine for us on most browsers but on Safari, although it initially displays, if you move your mouse over one of the submenus, the submenu disappears when the pointer is halfway down which is quite irritating. Is this meant to be fully compatible with Safari?

Also, it takes a while for the Menu flyout capability to load. We have about 30 odd categories but it's still a few seconds for the menu to get to the point where the flyout works. Anyone else have this?

Dan

conradp24 05-27-2009 01:30 PM

Hi Dan,

This is exactly the same problem I've got with this mod, did you buy it seperately or as part of a custom template? Mine was included with SEO skin 4.18 by PhilJ. If you read back in this posting you will find previous postings I've made on this.
PhilJ said it's because I've got broken image links, which I can't find any evidence of and his skin when loaded has exactly the same problem so my modification isn't the primary issue. I tried to be decent about it because I don't like kicking up a stink and really needed help on this but he didn't reply after that. I haven't come across the issue with slow menu flyout because my system isn't live yet so don't have that many products but it's making me sweat already.

It's frustrating to purchase something in good faith and then find it's not working properly and even worse there's no support on it. Let me know if you find the answer please or if I can help you in any way then please PM me.

Conrad

PhilJ 05-27-2009 04:18 PM

Dan, Conrad... These menus are going to be fixed for Safari and you can get free updates, just keep checking the website over the next day or two.

DanUK 05-27-2009 11:45 PM

Thanks Phil, if I recall doesn't your system email the file once it's purchased? Just wondering how I actually get the update as I don't remember a download area.

Thanks again

Dan

conradp24 05-28-2009 12:20 PM

Okay.

GEMaffair.com 05-29-2009 12:30 PM

Can someone tell me where to see some examples of this fly out menu?

conradp24 05-30-2009 01:56 AM

Hi Mike, have a look at xcartmods.co.uk and you will find it listed. The menu has some issues at the moment so you may want to wait until Phil has had time to work on it, Dan and I will be using the update when it's resolved and post here if it's working properly.

Regards,

Conrad

GEMaffair.com 05-30-2009 06:54 AM

Cool, thanks!

DanUK 06-24-2009 02:50 AM

Hi Phil, is there an update on this? I know you said check the website but how do I actually get hold of the updated version of it?

Thanks

Dan

conradp24 06-24-2009 11:50 AM

Yep, I've also been keeping an eye out for it. It's one of the main bugs in my site at the moment.

Conrad

PhilJ 06-26-2009 04:13 AM

Conrad and Dan, PM me your details and I'll send you the updated files. Not sure if it categorically fixes the Safari issue, it's not an easy thing to pinpoint.

toolman 07-12-2009 09:21 AM

Hi,
i am using 4.2 and i cannot find
include/categories.php

any help would be appreciated!

conradp24 07-13-2009 03:42 AM

Hi,
These flyout menus have issues with Safari, which remain a mystery as to the solution.

If I was you I would just change up to 4.3 and use the fancy categories that's included in the package.
:-)

Regards,

Conrad

toolman 07-13-2009 03:35 PM

The menu works GREAT!
I am as new as they come in regards to X-cart and i have to admit that it was overwhelming at first. (plus, i hate feeling like i don't already know everything! :))

But, Phil has been beyond helpful!!!. I have never had as much willing support from a developer before. I will definitely be spreading the word.

THANKS SO MUCH PHIL! :D/

conradp24 07-14-2009 09:23 AM

How does it seem in Safari??
And I'm not going against Phil his work is excellant but the menus have a problem with Safari that can't be resolved which is why I said you might as well change up to 4.3 and use the fancy categories.

Conrad

toolman 07-17-2009 03:18 PM

The menus seem to be working flawlessly in safari! The site is still under construction and we haven't added any 3rd or 4th sub levels yet. But, as far as menu/sub menu hover functionality, it looks good.

take a peek if you would like:
http://rotarytoolstore.com/store/home.php?shopkey=1625

worldomega 02-11-2010 11:39 AM

Where is this free mod link for the horizontal drop-down category menu? I can't seem to be find it...

AusNetIT 04-30-2010 04:30 AM

Not free anymore

eaglemobiles 05-28-2010 01:50 PM

i have bought this mode and it was installed in my store, when i was doing upgrade to 4.3.1 i lost the complete mod i am sure my domain is licenced for this mode but i cant find the source files and guide how to do it again. Any help will be grateful with this matter

AusNetIT 05-30-2010 08:03 PM

HI ,

You can Ask Phil for this but not sure that version support for 4.3.1?

Thanks,

PhilJ 05-31-2010 04:25 PM

Hi Eaglemobiles, yes, just get in touch and I'll send you the files.
Phil

Learner 06-28-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Hi Eaglemobiles, yes, just get in touch and I'll send you the files.
Phil

No more free now??

bhal@inforeem.com 12-08-2010 04:24 PM

Phil:
I am new to X-cart. Just started using 15 days ago. I am intersted in evaluating Horizontal Menu with 4 sub-levels. Please send me pricing and related details for the same.

Thanks.
- bhal

bhal@inforeem.com 12-08-2010 05:34 PM

Phil:
This is Bhal again. Please ignore my previous post to you. I just reviewed your latest Smart Template. I am very happy to review this demo and I will be finalizing my decision tomorrow after I speak with my team members. Nice solution!!

Thanks.
Bhal

Learner 12-08-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhal@inforeem.com
Phil:
This is Bhal again. Please ignore my previous post to you. I just reviewed your latest Smart Template. I am very happy to review this demo and I will be finalizing my decision tomorrow after I speak with my team members. Nice solution!!

Thanks.
Bhal

Have a look here http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/navigation/

toolman 12-30-2010 08:13 AM

Phil,
I need the installation files again for our site. I have contacted you via your web store as well as a PM on the forum. None of our log in credentials seem to work on your site.

We are on 4.2 and need the 4 lvl vert menus. Our license will be under utopiatools.com

TIA

Keith Woodhall
Utopia Tools

Learner 04-05-2011 11:14 PM

Hi Phil,

It is a completed mod but it is no more free now !!!