X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

intel352 09-27-2006 08:16 AM

[MODULE] XC SEO v1.2.0 Released

XC SEO v1.3.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED

The XC SEO team is proud to announce the release of XC SEO version 1.2.0.
XC SEO is completely free, and licensed under the GNU GPL 2 license.
All code is versioned and available from our repository at:
http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/

A zip of the release is available at the url provided above.
This release is for X-Cart 4.1.7

==============================
A couple of sites using XC SEO:==============================

intel352 09-27-2006 08:23 AM

Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

The documentation for 4.0x refers to /cache/modules.php, could someone please verify that the reference is correct?

This release was developed solely on 4.1.x, so verification that the 4.0.x instructions are correct would be greatly appreciated :-)

Additionally, hopefully you'll all notice that under the Administration -> Modules section, you'll now be able to Enable/Disable XC SEO, and additionally configure options for the module (currently only 1 option is presented, but there will be more added going forward).

Cheers

EDIT: something that was forgotten in the documentation, if you're upgrading, you can delete the following files (after you install the NEW release)
/seo.php
/include/templater/plugins/outputfilter.seo.php

Jerrad 09-27-2006 08:46 AM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

First of all, thanks for this new version of this great mod!

While applying the sql commands, I received this message:

QL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','','XC_SEO',10,'text','','')

intel352 09-27-2006 08:48 AM

Ah, shame, looks like table structure must be different for 4.0.x, I'll check into it, and update with the needed SQL queries for ya.

Jerrad 09-27-2006 09:02 AM

I've got it installed and it works great!
Also in the admin zone I can access the xc seo module and
turn it on and off - really great!

No idea what is missing because of the (partially) failed sql patch?

Jerrad 09-27-2006 09:33 AM

The new sql patch for 4.X.X works great.
Thanks!

intel352 09-27-2006 10:07 AM

Please use the following SQL for installing on 4.0x:

Code:

INSERT INTO xcart_modules (module_name, module_descr, active) VALUES ('XC_SEO','This module rewrites your website urls for Search Engine optimization.','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_config (name,comment,value,category,orderby,type,defvalue) VALUES ('xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','','XC_SEO',10,'text','');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','module_descr_XC_SEO','This module rewrites your website urls for Search Engine optimization.','Modules');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','module_name_XC_SEO','XC SEO','Modules');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','option_title_XC_SEO','XC SEO options','Options');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','opt_xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','Options');

Scott DeToffol 09-27-2006 10:13 AM

What's the new SQL patch for 4.x.x?

**never mind :)

Scott DeToffol 09-27-2006 10:20 AM

The instructions say:

Quote:

Delete:
/cache/modules.php (the file will automatically regenerate)

Modules.php is in /admin for 4.x.x, there is no /cache folder. Do I delete that one?

intel352 09-27-2006 10:22 AM

No, do NOT delete that one :-)

I don't have a 4.0x test environment available, so I'm not sure if/where 4.0x caches module information. Look in the root of your installation, check templates_c, or if you have a /var directory, check inside there.

Or, to keep things simpler, once you've installed the SEO module, go into the Administration -> Modules menu, Disable XC SEO, and then Enable XC SEO.

If there's any type of module cache, that step should reset the cache.