X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74978)

voodoo1967 04-24-2019 06:24 AM

Re: reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic

1 Attachment(s)
Getting 5 or so bogus registrations per day. Recaptcha working on Contactus form but on Registration Form I just get the spinning wheel icon - see attached image.

Re uploaded the latest version , cleared the cache and made the necessary change ie

6) In /include/register.php

BEFORE...

// Check address book
if (isset($address_book)) {

INSERT...

// reCAPTCHA - www.xcartmods.co.uk
if ($current_area == "C" && $main != "checkout" && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_enabled'] == "Y" && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_site_key'] && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_secret_key'] && $config['reCAPTCHA']['reCAPTCHA_enabled_register'] == "Y") {
include $xcart_dir . '/modules/reCAPTCHA/recaptcha_check_register.php';
}
// /reCAPTCHA

Anything else ?

PhilJ 04-25-2019 04:06 PM

@ voodoo, probably worth going thru the latest install one more time. Looks like the reCAPTCHA javascript is not getting loaded, so check step 5.

The CSS is fine, else there'd be no spinner.

If you still have problems, drop me a line and I'll take a look.

voodoo1967 04-26-2019 04:04 AM

Re did step 5 - worked a treat - thanks Phil
Lets hope bots "bot off" and leave me alone now

PhilJ 04-26-2019 04:16 AM

Glad you sorted it :)

costanza 04-29-2019 11:36 PM

I just installed this mod (thanks Phil !!), but I can't get it to work. I have a 4.6.1 site with Reboot and I can't get the reCAPTCHA to appear.

The reCAPTCHA does not appear and my 'contact us' page seems hung up. If it helps, my recently viewed product mini thumbnail pics are hung up and don't load on my 'contact us' page. (the reCAPTCHA doesn't show up anywhere it should, "send to friend", "ask a question about a product" or the contact us.

Any clues to help would be greatly appreciated!!

Update ** I noticed trying to login on the customer side (with correct password) was getting an error !check that you're not a robot, but there was no box visible to check. I turned off the reCAPTCHA mod for now and can log in again.

PhilJ 04-30-2019 12:10 AM

@ constanza, ensure you are modifying the correct .tpl files.
You'll be modifying the /skin/reboot/ files as opposed to /skin/common_files/

costanza 06-06-2019 04:00 PM

This module works great, but I just realized it doesn't work on X-cart mobile. What files need to be updated to get x-cart mobile to work?

Really I just need it on my Contact US page and to work with 'Ask a Question about this product'.

PhilJ 12-04-2019 05:02 AM

9th Dec 2019 - Additional simple honeypots for the customer registration and contact us forms

Some rogue register and contact us forms have been getting through, so this ought to stop them.

PhilJ 12-09-2019 02:30 PM

Honeypot added for the customer register form...

PhilJ 12-19-2019 05:59 PM

v4.5.5 users, try applying the v4.6.x patch.

I don't have time to test for v4.5.5 users, but if it doesn't work, reply here and I'll find you a solution, ta.