X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Want a WYSIWYG detailed description text area? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=7407)

g0t0pless 03-27-2005 02:46 PM

A copy/paste of your code resulted in the same thing... page not found for both text areas.

I am at my wits end, so for now, I will just wait until someone fixes it.

And the samples DO work, as can be seen here: https://www.sarversystems.com/FCKeditor/_samples/php/sample01.php

zardos 03-28-2005 05:45 AM

Hi g0t0pless

Here is my meta.tpl
Code:

{* $Id: meta.tpl,v 1.18.2.4 2004/12/23 12:50:34 svowl Exp $ *}
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.megapcs4u.co.uk/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={$default_charset|default:"iso-8859-1"}">
{if $usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A"}
<META name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX">
<META name="ROBOTS" content="NOFOLLOW">
{else}

All in lowercase:

Here is my product_details.tpl
Code:

{if $active_modules.Extra_Fields ne ""}
{include file="modules/Extra_Fields/product_modify.tpl"}
{/if}

<TR>
  <TD colspan="3" align="center">
<INPUT type="submit" value=" {$lng.lbl_save} "></TD>
</TR>
<script type="text/javascript">
  var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( 'descr' ) ;
        oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet = "Default" ;
  oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ;
</script>
  var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( 'fulldescr' ) ;
</script>
</FORM>

</TABLE>

{/capture}
{include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_product_details content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

The fckeditor in the above code starts in caps, and is ok. You can replace the "Default" with "Basic" as in Vulcan-works code above.

I also uploaded fckeditor to my root into a directory called "fckeditor" in lowercase, and all seems to work well.

Hope this help you and thanks to vulcan-work for his help.

PhilJ 03-30-2005 02:00 PM

well, after scratching my head for a while... :-k

assuming your fckeditor directory is in the root...

in fckeditor.js

change

Code:

this.BasePath        = '/fckeditor/' ;

to

Code:

this.BasePath        = '../fckeditor/' ;

...worked for me anyway. Thanks!

g0t0pless 03-30-2005 03:35 PM

Thank you. I will try that as soon as I get a chance.

I just upgraded to 4.0.13 last night, and bought the X-Compare module, so got a little work to do before I jump back into this.

nfc5382 03-30-2005 07:33 PM

great mod, thanks!

mustang 04-02-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpj
How can I remove the default "

" and " </P>" tags.

I use CSS for my site and the default tags interfers with this code.

TEXT</P>

the only place I found the

tags was in the editor.js file.

I've taken that out and it still exist. Please help!

mpj,

Try this to remove the

</P> tags.

In editor.js, replace:
Code:

// fix placeholder URLS - remove absolute paths that IE adds
    if (tagName == 'img') { tagBody = tagBody.replace(/(src\s*=\s*.)[^*]*(\*\*\*)/, "$1$2"); }
    if (tagName == 'a')  { tagBody = tagBody.replace(/(href\s*=\s*.)[^*]*(\*\*\*)/, "$1$2"); }

With:
Code:

// fix placeholder URLS - remove absolute paths that IE adds
    if (tagName == 'img') { tagBody = tagBody.replace(/(src\s*=\s*.)[^*]*(\*\*\*)/, "$1$2"); }
    if (tagName == 'a')  { tagBody = tagBody.replace(/(href\s*=\s*.)[^*]*(\*\*\*)/, "$1$2"); }
        if (tagName == 'p') { tagBody = ""; }
        if (tagName == 'P') { tagBody = ""; }

That *should* remove the

</P>tags. :)

ETInteractive.com 04-06-2005 08:04 AM

in the fckeditor.js

this.BasePath = '/FCKeditor/' ;

make sure /FCK/ matches the folder name you created on your server

FCKeditor and fckeditor wont match up.

g0t0pless 04-09-2005 08:52 PM

Thanks to all that helped me to get this working... It works!!!!

Now, how do I add/remove toolbar buttons?

I am messing around in fckconfig.js and I see where they buttons are called up under "basic" and "default", but adding/removing anything in there has no results. I even tried creating a new toolbar set called custom, and then changing my toolbar settings in main/product_modify.tpl to request the custom toolbar. Doing so results in an error saying the toolbar doesn't exist.

vulcan-works 04-11-2005 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0t0pless
Thanks to all that helped me to get this working... It works!!!!

Now, how do I add/remove toolbar buttons?

I am messing around in fckconfig.js and I see where they buttons are called up under "basic" and "default", but adding/removing anything in there has no results. I even tried creating a new toolbar set called custom, and then changing my toolbar settings in main/product_modify.tpl to request the custom toolbar. Doing so results in an error saying the toolbar doesn't exist.

Add this line
Code:

oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet = "Basic(or whatever u have)" ;
between
Code:

and
Code:

in the product_details.tpl

so..
Code:

oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet = "Basic" ;
</script>

g0t0pless 04-11-2005 06:19 PM

That's exactly what I did. No matter what I do, it won't make any changes to the toolbars.

marian 04-12-2005 07:41 AM

Well, I got it working too. Thank goodness

Basically I just changed the name of the directory to fckeditor and made sure that where ever this directory name was referenced, I put all lower case information.

As for the tool bars, right now I am so joyous about installing this WYSIWYG editor that I don't care. But if I figure it out, I will come back and let you know.

Thanks to all for such helpful advice!! :lol:

marian 04-12-2005 07:51 AM

Links to documentation for FCKeditor

https://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=75348

That's where I am going to be for a while till I figure this out. Now I see the thing about the tool bars. First there are so many and secondly the ones on the right hand side are being cut off because the tool bar area is too wide. Can't have that. Oh well. Maybe the docs will have a solution.

marian 04-12-2005 09:57 AM

fckeditor works and custom toolbar works

I am posting my process. Hopefully, it will save others a bunch of time and tears and no hair pulling! The documentation that FCKeditor has right now is very outdated and it took me awhile to figure out what had changed and make a list.

Download: http://www.fckeditor.net/download/default.html
Unzip it
Upload it to your xcart directory.
Rename the directory on your server / test server / and local to fckeditor
Test fckeditor: http://www.yourdomain.com/xcart/fckeditor/_samples/php/sample01.php
If you can see a text area with the WYSIWYG fckeditor on top of it, then you have installed it correctly and your server is happy with this.

Edit the following files:

/skin1/meta.tpl (Add the second line)

{* $Id: meta.tpl,v 1.18.2.4 2004/12/23 12:50:34 svowl Exp $ *}
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/xcart/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={$default_charset|default:"iso-8859-1"}">

/skin1/main/product_details.tpl (Go almost to the bottom of the file and just above the last </FORM> tag, add the following:

script type="text/javascript">
var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( 'descr' ) ;
oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet = "MyToolBar" ;
</script>
oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet = "MyToolBar" ;
</script>

fckeditor/fckeditor.js
Search for the following text snippit:
this.BasePath ='/fckeditor/' ;
Change to:
this.BasePath = '../fckeditor/' ;

Now here is the interesting part. In the product_details.tpl, I referenced something called ToolbarSet="MyToolBar". With the original installation of fckeditor you get all of the toolsets called Default or the really scaled down Basic. Most want something in between. I am including the complete code for the last file to edit:
fckeditor/fckconfig.js
Quote:

/*
* FCKeditor - The text editor for internet
* Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Frederico Caldeira Knabben
* Licensed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License:
* http://www.opensource.org/licenses/lgpl-license.php
* For further information visit:
* http://www.fckeditor.net/
* File Name: fckconfig.js
* Editor configuration settings.
* See the documentation for more info.
* Version: 2.0 RC3
* Modified: 2005-02-27 21:31:48
* File Authors:
* Frederico Caldeira Knabben (fredck@fckeditor.net)
*/

FCKConfig.CustomConfigurationsPath = '' ;

FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'css/fck_editorarea.css' ;

FCKConfig.BaseHref = '' ;

FCKConfig.FullPage = false ;

FCKConfig.Debug = false ;

FCKConfig.SkinPath = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'skins/default/' ;

FCKConfig.PluginsPath = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'plugins/' ;

// FCKConfig.Plugins.Add( 'placeholder', 'en,it' ) ;

FCKConfig.AutoDetectLanguage = true ;
FCKConfig.DefaultLanguage = 'en' ;
FCKConfig.ContentLangDirection = 'ltr' ;

FCKConfig.EnableXHTML = true ;
FCKConfig.EnableSourceXHTML = true ;

FCKConfig.FillEmptyBlocks = true ;

FCKConfig.FormatSource = true ;
FCKConfig.FormatOutput = true ;
FCKConfig.FormatIndentator = ' ' ;

FCKConfig.GeckoUseSPAN = true ;
FCKConfig.StartupFocus = false ;
FCKConfig.ForcePasteAsPlainText = false ;
FCKConfig.ForceSimpleAmpersand = false ;
FCKConfig.TabSpaces = 0 ;
FCKConfig.ShowBorders = true ;
FCKConfig.UseBROnCarriageReturn = false ;
FCKConfig.ToolbarStartExpanded = true ;
FCKConfig.ToolbarCanCollapse = true ;

FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Default"] = [
['Source','DocProps','-','Save','NewPage','Preview'],
['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteWord','-','Print','SpellCheck'],
['Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],
['Bold','Italic','Underline','StrikeThrough','-','Subscript','Superscript'],
['OrderedList','UnorderedList','-','Outdent','Indent'],
['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','Just ifyFull'],
['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],
['Image','Table','Rule','Smiley','SpecialChar','Uni versalKey'],
['Form','Checkbox','Radio','TextField','Textarea',' Select','Button','ImageButton','HiddenField'],
'/',
['Style','FontFormat','FontName','FontSize'],
['TextColor','BGColor'],
['About']
] ;
FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["MyToolBar"] = [
['Cut','Copy','Paste','SpellCheck'],
['Bold','Italic','Underline'],
['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','Just ifyFull'],
['Style'],
['FontFormat'],
['FontName'],
['FontSize']
] ;
FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Basic"] = [
['Bold','Italic','-','OrderedList','UnorderedList','-','Link','Unlink','-',],
['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','Just ifyFull']
] ;

FCKConfig.ContextMenu = ['Generic','Link','Anchor','Image','Select','Textar ea','Checkbox','Radio','TextField','HiddenField',' ImageButton','Button','BulletedList','NumberedList ','TableCell','Table','Form'] ;

FCKConfig.FontColors = '000000,993300,333300,003300,003366,000080,333399, 333333,800000,FF6600,808000,808080,008080,0000FF,6 66699,808080,FF0000,FF9900,99CC00,339966,33CCCC,33 66FF,800080,999999,FF00FF,FFCC00,FFFF00,00FF00,00F FFF,00CCFF,993366,C0C0C0,FF99CC,FFCC99,FFFF99,CCFF CC,CCFFFF,99CCFF,CC99FF,FFFFFF' ;

FCKConfig.FontNames = 'Arial;Comic Sans MS;Courier New;Tahoma;Times New Roman;Verdana' ;
FCKConfig.FontSizes = '1/xx-small;2/x-small;3/small;4/medium;5/large;6/x-large;7/xx-large' ;
FCKConfig.FontFormats = 'p;div;pre;address;h1;h2;h3;h4;h5;h6' ;

FCKConfig.StylesXmlPath = '../fckstyles.xml' ;

FCKConfig.SpellChecker = 'ieSpell' ; // 'ieSpell' | 'SpellerPages'
FCKConfig.IeSpellDownloadUrl = 'http://www.iespell.com/rel/ieSpellSetup211325.exe' ;

FCKConfig.LinkBrowser = true ;
FCKConfig.LinkBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Connector=connectors/asp/connector.asp' ;
//FCKConfig.LinkBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Connector=connectors/asp/connector.asp&ServerPath=/CustomFiles/' ;
//FCKConfig.LinkBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Connector=connectors/aspx/connector.aspx' ;
//FCKConfig.LinkBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Connector=connectors/php/connector.php' ;
FCKConfig.LinkBrowserWindowWidth = screen.width * 0.7 ; // 70%
FCKConfig.LinkBrowserWindowHeight = screen.height * 0.7 ; // 70%

FCKConfig.ImageBrowser = true ;
FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=connectors/asp/connector.asp' ;
//FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=connectors/aspx/connector.aspx' ;
//FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=connectors/php/connector.php' ;
FCKConfig.ImageBrowserWindowWidth = screen.width * 0.7 ; // 70% ;
FCKConfig.ImageBrowserWindowHeight = screen.height * 0.7 ; // 70% ;

FCKConfig.SmileyPath = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'images/smiley/msn/' ;
FCKConfig.SmileyImages = ['regular_smile.gif','sad_smile.gif','wink_smile.gi f','teeth_smile.gif','confused_smile.gif','tounge_ smile.gif','embaressed_smile.gif','omg_smile.gif', 'whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif','angry_smile.gif', 'angel_smile.gif','shades_smile.gif','devil_smile. gif','cry_smile.gif','lightbulb.gif','thumbs_down. gif','thumbs_up.gif','heart.gif','broken_heart.gif ','kiss.gif','envelope.gif'] ;
FCKConfig.SmileyColumns = 8 ;
FCKConfig.SmileyWindowWidth = 320 ;
FCKConfig.SmileyWindowHeight = 240 ;

Notice that an extra toolbar set is inserted between the Default and Basic sets. I did that so I could see how the tool items were called. Pay attention to the syntax. Each [tool,tool2,tool3], is a row on the toolbar. Also pay attention to where the commas are put at the end of the rows. I messed up there several times and got "can't find it" errors.

I hope I remembered everything I did and documented it here. If somebody finds a mistake or a better way - please please post it for the rest of us. :D

marian 04-12-2005 10:07 AM

Special Request

I know that this editor can be "plugged in" to other text areas. If someone has the list of names and locations of the tpl files, please post them here. It would really be nice to be able to have this editor for the Welcome text, and other static type things like About us, Policies and Privacy pages and such. If you know what those tpl files are, please let us know. I am just guessing that you will be able to paste the code from the product_detail.tpl file into these other tpl files. But I am not sure.

marian 04-12-2005 10:37 AM

Well, it aint workin so good no more no more no more

I just realized that when I tried to use the fckeditor, sometimes the tools are available and sometimes not. Even if you can get something like Bold or Italics or whatever to work on the text, as soon as save it, those attributes are gone. That SUX. To make matters worse...it works somewhat in Firefox but hangs in IE6. But since none of the HTML formatting goes through then it doesn't matter anyway. And that really SUX.

The way that this statement in the product detail area is worded is EXTREMELY CONFUSING:
Quote:

* Note: If HTML-tags in the product description text will be detected this text will be stored in the database as is, otherwise - as plain text with all the new line breaks replaced with
tags.

What the does that mean??? I thought it meant that if there are HTML tags in the product description, they would be detected and stored in the database as is, otherwise, if no HTML tags are there, then any line breaks found will be stored as
tags in the database. English is my main language but I swear, I am not understanding this particular statement and putting in context with what this particular thread has been talking about and that is to have an "editor" put HTML tags in a selected portion of text and have it SAVED in the database with those HTML tags intact.

Are there any forum people here who are closer to the programmers than the rest of us?? There has got to be a way to have just a few text formatting attributes in an easy to use WYSIWYG editor. All of us here have gone to a lot of trouble to research and implement this and other editors. But honestly this is so basic, WHY isn't it already THERE???? and WHY is that when we find a nice editor likd FCKeditor that xcart STRIPS out these simple text attributes. Explain it. Somebody please.

Xcart is great. But try to remember that people like myself set these things up for end users who know NOTHING about PHP, or HTML. They just want it to work. And working means being able to hilite some text and bold it. OKAY.

Or does this mean we are FCKed? :cry:

This thread is in a section that is for completed mods. Oops! I don't think so. It looks like no matter what the rest of us do, this particular mod will NEVER NEVER work. Now I have to go sit in front of my client tomorrow and explain why they have to read and memorize HTML so that they can enter in hundreds of items with basic HTML formatting. ANd don't you dare forget to put the ending tag and then after entereing hundreds of details how to get my eyes to focus on text I mean that is 7 extra typed characters for one 4 letter word. Can somebody help me explain that logic to an end user??

markwhoo 04-12-2005 05:41 PM

Re: Well, it aint workin so good no more no more no more

Quote:

Originally Posted by marian
I just realized that when I tried to use the fckeditor, sometimes the tools are available and sometimes not. Even if you can get something like Bold or Italics or whatever to work on the text, as soon as save it, those attributes are gone. That SUX. To make matters worse...it works somewhat in Firefox but hangs in IE6. But since none of the HTML formatting goes through then it doesn't matter anyway. And that really SUX.

The way that this statement in the product detail area is worded is EXTREMELY CONFUSING:
Quote:

* Note: If HTML-tags in the product description text will be detected this text will be stored in the database as is, otherwise - as plain text with all the new line breaks replaced with
tags.

What the does that mean??? I thought it meant that if there are HTML tags in the product description, they would be detected and stored in the database as is, otherwise, if no HTML tags are there, then any line breaks found will be stored as
tags in the database. English is my main language but I swear, I am not understanding this particular statement and putting in context with what this particular thread has been talking about and that is to have an "editor" put HTML tags in a selected portion of text and have it SAVED in the database with those HTML tags intact.

Are there any forum people here who are closer to the programmers than the rest of us?? There has got to be a way to have just a few text formatting attributes in an easy to use WYSIWYG editor. All of us here have gone to a lot of trouble to research and implement this and other editors. But honestly this is so basic, WHY isn't it already THERE???? and WHY is that when we find a nice editor likd FCKeditor that xcart STRIPS out these simple text attributes. Explain it. Somebody please.

Xcart is great. But try to remember that people like myself set these things up for end users who know NOTHING about PHP, or HTML. They just want it to work. And working means being able to hilite some text and bold it. OKAY.

Or does this mean we are FCKed? :cry:

This thread is in a section that is for completed mods. Oops! I don't think so. It looks like no matter what the rest of us do, this particular mod will NEVER NEVER work. Now I have to go sit in front of my client tomorrow and explain why they have to read and memorize HTML so that they can enter in hundreds of items with basic HTML formatting. ANd don't you dare forget to put the ending tag and then after entereing hundreds of details how to get my eyes to focus on text I mean that is 7 extra typed characters for one 4 letter word. Can somebody help me explain that logic to an end user??

I have a copy of the original HTML Area if you want it, I can send it.

I am headed out of town in the AM, but I can send when I return in a copuple of weeks.

There are no problems or issues with the old HTML area other than the issue of only using it with IE6. If end user has that browser, they can rock.

all of the initial thread will apply and DOES WORK

marian 04-13-2005 04:06 AM

Thanks!

I have to see my client this morning. I will check to see what browsers they are using. Most people have IE6 installed even if it is not their default browser. I would appreciate you sending it to me.

I was so close with the fckeditor. Oh well. There is also another one called TinyMCE that Mambo uses. It is also compatible with Firefox, Mozilla, and IE. If I have the time, I may try to get it working but in the mean time, I will need something they can use.

Thank you so much for responding and for your help! :)

markwhoo 04-13-2005 01:05 PM

Re: Thanks!

Quote:

I have to see my client this morning. I will check to see what browsers they are using. Most people have IE6 installed even if it is not their default browser. I would appreciate you sending it to me.

I was so close with the fckeditor. Oh well. There is also another one called TinyMCE that Mambo uses. It is also compatible with Firefox, Mozilla, and IE. If I have the time, I may try to get it working but in the mean time, I will need something they can use.

Thank you so much for responding and for your help! :)

I know for sure I have the older 2.0 version and may also have the 3.0 version that was cross platform capable with all browsers. I may even have links to those that were involved with the sourceforge project as well, but will need to look to see if I still have them linked. There were some really nice modded versions that were cadillacs you may be interested in.

Like I said, I am now out of town and will be in even another city tomorrow and will be there for two weeks at least, but if you wish, just let me know and I can send copies etc.

marian 04-13-2005 02:44 PM

Thank You and Please send copies

Quote:

I know for sure I have the older 2.0 version and may also have the 3.0 version that was cross platform capable with all browsers. I may even have links to those that were involved with the sourceforge project as well, but will need to look to see if I still have them linked. There were some really nice modded versions that were cadillacs you may be interested in.

Like I said, I am now out of town and will be in even another city tomorrow and will be there for two weeks at least, but if you wish, just let me know and I can send copies etc.

When you get a chance. My clients will be using Safari and IE5 - on a Mac. There may not be ANYTHING out there for that. But I have to try. Send me anything you have that you think will work or at least be worth trying!
:)

Thank you so much for you help. What ever I get that works I will let you know.

markwhoo 04-13-2005 02:48 PM

Re: Thank You and Please send copies

Quote:

Quote:

When you get a chance. My clients will be using Safari and IE5 - on a Mac. There may not be ANYTHING out there for that. But I have to try. Send me anything you have that you think will work or at least be worth trying!
:)

Thank you so much for you help. What ever I get that works I will let you know.

I know it referenced the IE of course, mozilla and I think it mentioned one other but cannot remember for the life of me what it was.

Just be patient with me and my return and I will then get in touch with you and will send files and notes.

SkullHead 04-24-2005 07:47 AM

When I installed it it on the latest release 4.0.13 it didn't work. 8O After going in and looking at the htmlarea I noticed that when I uploaded the htmlarea folder It uploaded the folder structure htmlarea/htmlarea. I just deleted the file and opened htmlarea and then uploaded the inner htmlare folder and it worked great! :wink: Thanks for the editor!

parksmike 04-26-2005 02:28 PM

HTMLArea on textareas

HTMLArea was good if you used IE. HTMLArea has quit updating.

We switched to FCKEditor. This works on 90% of the browsers, has a file uploader built in, and has different skins for the interface.

We have it integrated into one of our carts. Once you have the paths correct in FCKEditor, it works great.

They have this programmed to function in PHP, Javascript, ASP and .Net

mrbiggles 05-02-2005 09:05 PM

Hello
I have tried to get this to work but I get the following error. I am hoping that it is something simple.

script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( 'descr' ) ; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet = "MyToolBar" ; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ;

Regards Adam

SkullHead 05-08-2005 12:04 AM

This mod for the full and short descriptions works great. Saved alot of work. You guys that came up with this did a good job. :wink:

http://www.amdrocks.com/photos/print.jpg

I got a question though. Is it possible that this mod can knock out the webmaster mode edit text box?
I've applied a couple mods and I'm trying to narrow
down which,if any, might have caused that.

When I go into webmaster mode and try to edit the text on the welcome page here or any page I get this blank text area box.
http://www.amdrocks.com/photos/error.jpg

2019 05-16-2005 03:11 AM

how to remove

</p> at fckeditor :roll: ?

achintya 07-23-2005 01:39 AM

easy alternative to wysiwyg in product descriptions

Hi

In the latest x-cart I am able to use html code in both product descriptions and detailed descriptions.

I use dreamweaver to compose the text, then drop the code into the box.

This seems to produce what I need. As most product descriptions are 'one off' and not too likely to change that much, it seems much easier to just compose the description in Dreamweaver then drop the code in.

I have used this method to put tables into product descriptions and they display ok.

I am very wary of 'hacking' code to get wysiwyg as it all needs to be done again when there is an upgrade to x-cart. Too much trouble!

achintya

achintya

rightminddesigns 10-12-2005 09:37 AM

For anyone who implements FCKeditor for product descriptions, you can also add it to the Static HTML editor text area.

Add this code to /skin1/admin/main/page_edit.tpl above the last closing </FORM> tag:
Code:

var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( 'pagecontent' ) ;
</script>

If you have not implemented it with the product descriptions, please be sure to follow the additional instructions in this thread. :D

Wambli 10-12-2005 07:19 PM

I would

I would like that it would be great :lol:

rightminddesigns 10-17-2005 12:00 PM

Just a tip for anyone using SSL & FCKeditor:
When you make the change to meta.tpl, be sure to use a path on the secure server to the .js file. Otherwise, it will cause warnings about unsecure content when using your admin area.

Use one of these two calls, making the appropriate changes for your setup:
Relative:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/xcartdir/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>
Absolute:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://yourdomain.com/xcartdir/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>

Wambli 10-21-2005 08:09 PM

x-cart 4.0.13

Has anyone found a way for this to work in 4.0.13?

micromedia 11-11-2005 10:48 PM

anybody help me...

I add FCKeditor 2.1.1 on my admin site. it is working but filemanager doesn't work. I try to change

FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/phpconfig.php

and e.t.c but I guess path problem.

anybody help me...
thanks

wiggywag 01-03-2006 06:02 AM

How to make the image browser uploader to work

How can I make the image browser/image uploader to work in FCKeditor, nothing happens when I try to upload a picture from my computer! Im not sure which folder it tries to upload it. I can't get the "Create new Folder" to work either!

The reason I want it to work, is for the admin to be able to easy upload and use images in the static pages dialog and in the news description dialog!

I've implemented it as descried in this thread!

Thanks!

;-) stig

Lucent88 03-20-2006 02:54 PM

I just installed the FCKeditor. I can see that the sample page is work fine, but I don't see anything in my product_modify.php page. I suppose to see the editor tool bar above the detail/short description? How come I don't see anything on that page? Am I missing something?

I followed the instruction posted by Marian on page 7

1. upload to my xcart directory
2. Rename the directory on your server / test server / and local to fckeditor (I don't really get this part, is it xcart/fckeditor/)?
3. test sample page - it works great
4. edit skin1/meta.tpl
5. edit /skin1/main/product_details.tpl
6. fckeditor/fckeditor.js

Lucent88 03-21-2006 10:18 AM

Actually, I found out where the problem, where is says rename the folder, it meant the original folder name is probably "FCKeditor" rename it to "fckeditor". Basically, just change it to all lowercase, after I change it, everything works great. I also on the newest version of FCKeditor, and I'm on v4.0.17.

Lucent88 03-30-2006 04:29 PM

I'm using FCKeditor.. how can I make the text area longer?

mffowler 04-03-2006 05:41 AM

Dynamic Drive just released an opensource (cross browser) WYSIWYG editor and it's excellent!

To get this to work without modifying any of the code of the WYSIWYG files, unzip the folder into your admin (not skin1/admin) directory.

It took me five minutes to implement on both the short and full descriptuions. Follow the instructions in the wysiwyg_beta.zip folder and implement the following:
Code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="wysiwyg.js"></script>
Right before the closing </HEAD> tag in skin1/admin/home.tpl

Then, open up /main/product_details.tpl and then just add:
Code:

<script language="JavaScript">
  generate_wysiwyg('wysiwyg1');
</script>

directly after the </TEXTAREA> tag of the text area that you want to have WYSIWYG.

Add the id="wysiwyg1" to the TEXTAREA to correspond. Change the ID for multiple instances. This functionality is in X-Cart 4.1.x, but an easy (and free) implementation for earlier versions...

- Mike

groovico 04-03-2006 07:02 AM

A word of caution for anyone using HTML in product descriptions

1. X-cart will truncate short descriptions breaking HTML mid way through a tag. This can kill your customers shop display at checkout and shopping cart screens as the tags aren't closed properly.

2. HTML descriptions will cause havoc if you have to export and re-import your data for whatever reason.

I hope x-cart have this sort of problem sorted in x-cart 4.1, the product import needs extra delimiters such as double pipe || added, commas and semi colons don't cut it.

mffowler 04-03-2006 01:01 PM

I haven't had either of these issues for over a year. I use the short description as full most often and the full for other product specific (tracks, charts, specs...) and use the semicolon delimiter.

Though there is potential fo havoc- haven't seen it in any of my worked products.

- Mike

gallica 04-13-2006 07:17 AM

WYSIWYG beta editor from dynamicdrive

Hi,

Anyone else tried WYSIWYG editor from dynamicdrive ?

Unzipped content of archive in /admin/

Basicaly modified single/home.tpl with
Code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="wysiwyg.js"></script>

Modified main/product as followed :
Code:

<TEXTAREA name="fulldescr" cols="45" rows="12" class="InputWidth" id="wysiwyg1">{$product.fulldescr|escape:"html"}</TEXTAREA>
    <script language="JavaScript">
  generate_wysiwyg('wysiwyg1');
</script>

But no Html editor display.

Any help is wellcome.

mffowler 04-13-2006 12:56 PM

I got it to work, but you might tight a closer look at the files you need to modify. The file you mention isn't mentioned in my post above.

- Mike