X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.0.0 BETA released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8263)

verbic 06-27-2004 01:38 AM

X-Cart 4.0.0 BETA released

Please post your feedback on X-Cart 4.0.0 BETA here.

NuAlpha 06-27-2004 11:09 AM

Just about all that and a bag of chips! Can't wait for the production release. :D

If only this code had been available 6 months ago I wouldn't have had to work so hard on the customizations we went through for our site. :P

I hope the Authorize.Net security features I requested in the Wish List forum get into the final release. I like the new Authorize.Net blowfish encryption. :o

gardel 06-27-2004 12:34 PM

Is it just something I'm overlooking, or are UPS Account details settings missing from General Settings/Shipping Options in 4.0.0B1?

Registration with UPS Online Tools worked. And I can set Rates and Service Selection. But where is the form to enter UPS server, username and password?

After setting things correctly in UPS Online Tools, trying a realtime shipping test with just UPS on results in:

Quote:

Warning: func_shipper(/shipping/mod_UPS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/xcart/shipping/myshipper.php on line 77

Warning: func_shipper(): Failed opening '/shipping/mod_UPS.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mydomain/public_html/xcart/shipping/myshipper.php on line 77

GM 06-27-2004 06:59 PM

When using the navigations links I encountered this problem... as you can see, I am logged in:
http://www.goldmisers.com/beta4bug.jpg

GM 06-27-2004 07:07 PM

Also a runtime error when trying to enter webmaster mode
Line: 132 Error: Expected ';'

also Javascript void() in gift cert add to cart

also "Return to search" button on checkout page when no search was made.

sstillwell@aerostich.com 06-28-2004 08:19 AM

Javascript errors with IE 6.0

These are not a problem with Firefox (Mozilla) .9 but they are with IE 6.0

1. On the "Checkout: Step 1 of 3" when you try to login in under "Authentication" the submit button does not work.

2. Was having some problems with the "State" field not showing when trying to register. I reinstalled Xcart and it fixed this but something I did caused the State field to stop working. I'll post more if I find out.

X-Cart version 4.0.0B1
X-Cart directory
PHP 4.3.2
MySQL server 3.23.58
MySQL client 3.23.58
Web server unknown
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008

joshf 06-28-2004 04:47 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a second 'Address' line would be handy... A lot people use it for apartment numbers or delivery to businesses.

jf

adpboss 06-28-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshf
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a second 'Address' line would be handy...

Handy? how about NECESSARY. ;)

joshf 06-28-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adpboss
Handy? how about NECESSARY. ;)

I apologize for my lack of directness... ;)

A second address line is NECESSARY.

There. :P

FX 06-28-2004 10:50 PM

4.0.0 beta 1
If I understand right beta release means no more addons or changes before it goes production, except for bug fixes :-k

Would be nice to see some more features like::

:arrow: few options added to Featured products section in Admin:
>Add pull down menu with product listings and
>Add pull down menu with options for choosen product like:
-Featured Item
-Pick of the Week
-Pick of the Month
-Gift Ideas
-Exclusive Items
-New Arrivals
-Top Picks
-Season Special
-Holiday Special
-Sale Items
This will show product on the side dialogue box just like Bestsellers.

:arrow: Also would be nice to have option in Admin to set/display products on the side dialogue box like:
-New Items (random recently added products)
-Specials (random products with reduced price)
-Reviews (random customer product reviews)
-Hot Deals

:arrow: In View cart page add section "Customers who bought these items also purchased:" ...and button Add to cart under product's. This could boost sales, I really do buy something when I shop online and see something I want last minute

:arrow: Simplify checkout process, request as minimum info as possible.
:arrow: Pre-login shipping calculator
:arrow: Popup detailed images

Thank you X-Cart team for your hard work :!:
With RMA module and all the new features in X-Cart 4.0.0 there will be no competition to X-Cart. It simply the best :D