X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=76913)

mvs 04-11-2019 09:39 AM

X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Hey everyone!

Please welcome X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta: x-cart.com/x-cart-5-4-0-public-beta-release.html

You’ll love the revised email notifications builder, brand-new upgrade system with one-click rollbacks, the updated webmaster mode and template editor, and many more improvements. Download the fresh v5.4.0 and tell us how much you like it.

tparmar 04-16-2019 10:40 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Hey everyone!

Please welcome X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta: x-cart.com/x-cart-5-4-0-public-beta-release.html

You’ll love the revised email notifications builder, brand-new upgrade system with one-click rollbacks, the updated webmaster mode and template editor, and many more improvements. Download the fresh v5.4.0 and tell us how much you like it.


Not able to install or test beta version. It is saying service.php not found. Even though it is there.

Triple A Racing 04-17-2019 01:04 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
....You’ll love the revised email notifications builder, brand-new upgrade system with one-click rollbacks, the updated webmaster mode and template editor, and many more improvements. Download the fresh v5.4.0 and tell us how much you like it.

Great that this has been released as an advance pubic beta. Thanks for that.
We've downloaded it and will be taking a long good look at it over this coming weekend.

Meanwhile, one very important question? This is the default Content Security Policy that's applied (via ~/etc/config.php) in XC 5.3.*.* and which remains like this, unless edited / replaced by the XC store owner:

Code:

; Content-Security-Policy value
; For possible values see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy
; Examples:
; content_security_policy = 'disabled' # prevent Content-Security-Policy header sending
; content_security_policy = "default-src 'self'"
; content_security_policy = "default-src 'self'; img-src *;"
content_security_policy = 'disabled'

Disappointingly, the exact same content is also provided in the XC 5.4.*.* public beta ~/etc/config.php

Code:

; Content-Security-Policy value
; For possible values see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy
; Examples:
; content_security_policy = 'disabled' # prevent Content-Security-Policy header sending
; content_security_policy = "default-src 'self'"
; content_security_policy = "default-src 'self'; img-src *;"
content_security_policy = 'disabled'


"Disabled" is far short of aiding 100% site security and it does appear to have now possibly become an oversight, as this very item was raised some time ago, with the XC answer being... a forward reference to XC 5.4.*.* providing the necessary solution.

Could XC please post a tested, fully functional Content Security Policy on here (a CSP which can be used either within the site's http header or, in the ~/etc/config.php and/or the ~/etc/default.config.php - this location choice being the store owners' - as it is now) The CSP really should NOT include:

Code:

data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval';
but most importantly, the CSP must still allow XC5.4.*.* and/or any XC Modules, to continue to function 100% perfectly :wink:

Triple A Racing 04-17-2019 04:08 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
A second related question... What was the thought process behind XC 5.4.*.* only appearing to want to run on MySQL and not MariaDB? 8O

We can use MariaDB or MySQL, but our satisfaction level with MariaDB is way ahead of that with MySQL and we'd prefer to stay with it, which has never been an issue previously with XC 5.*.*.* prior to the current XC 5.4.*.* beta release.

It's made very clear at the download stage that XC5.4.*.* requires MySQL 5.7.7 or higher. That would usually be fine, as we're currently using MariaDB 10.2.* which is compatible with MySQL 5.7.* (see HERE for reference or in short: "...MySQL 5.7 is compatible with MariaDB 10.2...)

Whilst everybody knows that "compatible with" is NOT the same as "identical to" :lol: we still assumed that the XC 5.4.*.* beta release would install without any issues in our case, as a result of the XC5 historic suitability to both databases.

Unfortunately for us, it doesn't appear that's the case. The XC5 install process identifies the error as follows: "...MySQL version must be at least 5.7.7 (current version is 5.5.5-10.2.23 MariaDB...) This is an incorrect explanation (see the linked page above again for reference) as MySQL 5.5 was compatible with the much earlier Maria DB 10.0 release.... Hmmmmm

We could use MariaDB 10.3.* if we wanted*** but there's no point in changing anything at all, until XC provide an answer to the question... i.e. will XC 5.4.*.* only run on MySQL? If not, which release of MariaDB has it been tested on and will it run on?

We can alter PHP versions very easily by domain and we're very keen to use PHP7.3 with XC5.4.*.* but it's far, far, more difficult to run MariaDB on one domain and then MySQL on another domain, when both domains are hosted on the same server. Hence the questions in advance! Thanks :D/

Edit *** We now do use MariaDB 10.3.*

Triple A Racing 04-17-2019 06:27 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Indeed, there's a third question too, which relates to Nginx.

THIS THREAD is connected, but specifically on this linked page; posts #21 #22 #23 and very clearly, the great post #24 made by @qualiteam which relates Nginx to future issues of XC5, hopefully :wink: starting with XC 5.4.*.*. If that's the case, surely there's an Nginx only version of the public beta too? :???:

Ruslan 04-19-2019 02:20 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated.

About your question on MariaDB: X-Cart 5.4 is fully compatible with MariaDB 10.2.* and higher. It is just an issue with the requirements checker. We will fix it.

As to Nginx, you can find the "nginx.conf.sample" config in the root of your X-Cart store. It is an example of Nginx config for X-Cart 5.4. (It contains two versions of the config: with and without a web dir).
We are unable to remove the .htaccess files from the X-Cart distribution package, but those files are blocked by Nginx config rule
-----
location ~* (\.php$|\.htaccess$|\.git) {
deny all;
}
-----

As to CSP header, it is disabled by default because we cannot add rules for 3-d party modules. But we will prepare a tutorial with the proper directives for CSP in X-Cart 5.4.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience this delay may be causing you.

Triple A Racing 04-19-2019 07:24 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
....About your question on MariaDB: X-Cart 5.4 is fully compatible with MariaDB 10.2.* and higher. It is just an issue with the requirements checker. We will fix it

That's great. Thank you. We're assuming that a slightly revised public beta will be available soon :wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
As to Nginx, you can find the "nginx.conf.sample" config in the root of your X-Cart store. It is an example of Nginx config for X-Cart 5.4. (It contains two versions of the config: with and without a web dir).
We are unable to remove the .htaccess files from the X-Cart distribution package, but those files are blocked by Nginx config rule
-----
location ~* (\.php$|\.htaccess$|\.git) {
deny all;
}
-----

We did see that file, but to be fair and rightly or wrongly :mrgreen: we'd earmarked it as an configurable option, as opposed to a pure Nginx version of XC 5.4.*.* being made available for download (as per the previous forum link we'd posted). Not sure why there's any restriction in simply removing ALL the Apache .htaccess files and making a separate, pure Nginx only version available? As you know, all the .htaccess files won't work anyway, if the server setup is Nginx only, but they can still work perfectly well, with a couple of the available Nginx proxy / Apache setups, which is why we're assuming that XC have included the config rule.

The conventional approach to making different OS options being made available, is to provide separate, 'clean' downloads, which makes life easier for everybody (in our humble opinion anyway). As we're currently only at Public Beta stage, nobody would / could unintentionally, cause any XC 5 live store issues at this point in time, if the two different 'clean' downloads were made available could they? It is what it is currently however, so once the slightly revised public beta is made available, we'll run our own script to remove all the .htaccess files and create two clean versions. Meanwhile, thanks for clarifying the current Nginx position. Much appreciated.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
As to CSP header, it is disabled by default because we cannot add rules for 3-d party modules. But we will prepare a tutorial with the proper directives for CSP in X-Cart 5.4

That's good news too, as this will slowly become a more important factor albeit people may still be unaware of that. A more encompassing option, might be... to include all the CSP data, as commented out text within the ~/etc/config.php file and/or the ~/etc/default.config.php file (as is the case with other items) But, with a link to the tutorial itself plus, a note advising users not to uncomment this data or, apply it via their own http header until a) they have read said tutorial and b) they have themselves verified, that any / all Non-XC provided XC5 modules will function as intended, when using this specific setup for CSP. Just a suggestion :D/

designtheweb 04-19-2019 04:45 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
It would be very helpful to include a link on how to actually upgrade to 5.4 and/or include an upgrade script on 5.3. I have to dig around now and work out how to do it.

Triple A Racing 04-19-2019 10:31 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by designtheweb
It would be very helpful to include a link on how to actually upgrade to 5.4 and/or include an upgrade script on 5.3. I have to dig around now and work out how to do it.

As the thread header says... It's a Public Beta Release of XC 5.4.*.* so nobody will be 'upgrading' hence there won't be any links etc When it's finally approved and officially released by XC, then, subject to whatever licence you have / where you've paid up to etc :wink: it would appear as an optional upgrade within your existing store's admin area.

This Public Beta Release of XC 5.4..*.* is suitable for any end-user (that wants too) to make a fresh, separate installation & carry out their own advance assessment / provide any feedback to XC etc which is what we (and probably quite a few others) intended to do :D/

Triple A Racing 05-02-2019 04:55 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Still..... no news yet from XC about the availability of the revised Public Beta Release of XC5.4.*.* :D/ As well as the questions / answers posted previously in this thread on the initial release, others have posted issues in here: https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

mvs 05-02-2019 11:40 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
Still..... no news yet from XC about the availability of the revised Public Beta Release of XC5.4.*.* :D/ As well as the questions / answers posted previously in this thread on the initial release, others have posted issues in here: https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59


We will release revised 5.4.0.x Public Beta with PHP 7.3 and MariaDB fixes next week. I’ll post an update here. Thank you for understanding.

mvs 05-10-2019 03:41 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Anyone who have problems with the installation using PHP 7.3 please attach log files from the xcart_folder/var/log directory, it will help us to investigate this issue. Thanks!

cflsystems 05-10-2019 05:02 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Max FYI
It looks like the new XC5 pack is not .tar anymore but .tgz
I can't re-install any package packed from admin. Error message was something like unknown format or similar.

Am I missing something here or is this another bug in the XC 5.4.x beta?

mvs 05-13-2019 01:05 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Max FYI
It looks like the new XC5 pack is not .tar anymore but .tgz
I can't re-install any package packed from admin. Error message was something like unknown format or similar.

Am I missing something here or is this another bug in the XC 5.4.x beta?

The problem is that you cannot upload the module for X-Cart 5.3.6.x on X-Cart 5.4.0.x. And tar/tgz/tar.gz formats are acceptable.

To adapt your module you need to manually unpack the version for 5.3.6.x in root X-Cart 5.4.0.x and make the necessary changes:
- Main.php -> main.yaml (possible to generate via command: php xc5 utils:generateMainYaml XC/Example)
- Change module version to 5.4.0.0
- Rebuild the cache
- Enable the module
- Fix bugs if any

More details in the technical blog post: https://devs.x-cart.com/what_is_new/5_4_0_technology_preview_release.html

Thanks!

cflsystems 05-13-2019 03:08 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
The problem is that you cannot upload the module for X-Cart 5.3.6.x on X-Cart 5.4.0.x. And tar/tgz/tar.gz formats are acceptable.





That is not the problem. The module is manually uploaded to 5.4.x then converted to 5.4.x format. Tested and all works under 5.4.x. Then exported from 5.4.x to package and then trying to re-import back that very same package - error shows and the installation is not allowed. The cart will not even upload the module package due to "format not allowed" or something like this

mvs 05-13-2019 03:14 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
That is not the problem. The module is manually uploaded to 5.4.x then converted to 5.4.x format. Tested and all works under 5.4.x. Then exported from 5.4.x to package and then trying to re-import back that very same package - error shows and the installation is not allowed. The cart will not even upload the module package due to "format not allowed" or something like this

Please provide more details:
- screenshot with the error
- logs from xcart_folder/var/log

cflsystems 05-13-2019 04:56 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here with one of XC5 stock packages


The only log file created for this was service-request.log.2019-05-13.php with content


[2019-05-13 08:53:07] service-request.INFO: Matched route "{route}". {"route":"POST_package_chunk","route_parameters":{ "_controller":"XCart\\Bus\\Controller\\Package:upl oadAction","_route":"POST_package_chunk"},"request _uri":"http://localhost/xcart54dev/service.php/package/chunk?%2Fpackage%2Fchunk","method":"POST"} []
[2019-05-13 08:53:07] service-request.DEBUG: > POST /xcart54dev/service.php/package/chunk [] []
[2019-05-13 08:53:07] service-request.DEBUG: < 400 [] []

mvs 05-15-2019 12:16 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
We released the new Public Beta version (5.4.0.3), please check.
Changelog: https://devs.x-cart.com/changelog/5.4.0.3_-_15_may_2019.html
Download: https://www.x-cart.com/xc54beta

Triple A Racing 05-15-2019 07:22 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Please read other people's related threads / posts first. This post only relates to the public beta release > XC 5.4.0.3 not any other XC release.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
About your question on MariaDB: X-Cart 5.4 is fully compatible with MariaDB 10.2.* and higher. It is just an issue with the requirements checker. We will fix it

That's been fixed and the install ran very smoothly this time (Dev Store in our signature below) Thank you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
As to Nginx, you can find the "nginx.conf.sample" config in the root of your X-Cart store. It is an example of Nginx config for X-Cart 5.4. (It contains two versions of the config: with and without a web dir).We are unable to remove the .htaccess files from the X-Cart distribution package, but those files are blocked by Nginx config rule
-----
location ~* (\.php$|\.htaccess$|\.git) {
deny all;
}
-----

We referred to this, in post #5 then commented in post #7 of this thread, where we hopefully made our own thoughts clear.
As is currently provided, yes, there's definite progress, but we still think this is just a stick-on Nginx 'plaster' as opposed to being a pure, well designed Nginx only version of XC5 :wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
As to CSP header, it is disabled by default because we cannot add rules for 3-d party modules. But we will prepare a tutorial with the proper directives for CSP in X-Cart 5.4.

We commented in post #7 of this thread. FWIW the default settings within ~/xcart/etc/config.php obviously do still remain as:
Code:

; Content-Security-Policy value

; ~ edit ~

content_security_policy = 'disabled'

The previous answer from @Ruslan shown above, relates to why.
However, we can't find the CSP tutorial yet (but we're assuming that this will be posted very soon?) :D/
This CSP setup for XC5 tutorial IS needed to fully test this XC 5.4.0.3 public beta release and provide useful feedback, especially, when using modules that may/will be effected by using CSP.
If / when needed by anybody, two useful reference links for CSP are these: Security Headers (site-test) and Scott Helme (CSP tagged articles)

mvs 05-16-2019 03:44 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

However, we can't find the CSP tutorial yet (but we're assuming that this will be posted very soon?)
Currently, this is not a prior task. Unfortunately, this tutorial will not be included in 5.4.0.x Stable release.

Thank you for testing! Please let me know if you find anything else.
You're helping create a better product!

Triple A Racing 05-16-2019 04:40 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Currently, this is not a prior task. Unfortunately, this tutorial will not be included in 5.4.0.x Stable release

Being polite, somebody at XC is NOT doing their job correctly. How has 'aesthetics' suddenly jumped ahead of security over at Upgradesville? 8O

This IS a priority task. The now infamous tutorial is only being provided in lieu of the fact that XC promised to deliver an effective CSP as part of ~/xcart/etc/config.php in XC 5.4.*.* a long time ago. Now and quite suddenly, this has NOT can NOT be delivered, purely because "...cannot add rules for 3-d party modules" (sic) :roll:

That's a very questionable excuse anyway and one that isn't given anywhere else. It's often the exact reverse in fact c/w many binding rules. The convenient, module dependency issue should have been known (if indeed it actually does exist...) back at the time the above promise was made.

A logical, albeit speculative, conclusion based on the preceding and other historical examples, is that nobody at XC has actually thought about this properly, at all. AKA "...we might get away with it..." This despite CSP being the "elephant in the room" for all paying XC5 license holders (but in fairness, some may still be unaware at this point).

People do seem to like avoiding reality on here sometimes, but where we're from, a spade is a spade, regardless of any happy, vague, PR style, PC official response that's given.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Thank you for testing!

Obviously this will now be limited testing because this ^^ and several other things are not actually ready.
There's beta testing & then there's latest overnight compiled output testing. The two are vastly different.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Please let me know if you find anything else

We won't be providing any feedback on colour shades or image border hues & saturation content just so we're 100% clear 8)

Triple A Racing 05-23-2019 01:04 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Please welcome X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta ~~ You’ll love the revised email notifications builder, brand-new upgrade system with one-click rollbacks, the updated webmaster mode and template editor, and many more improvements...

Our experience (so far) with the XC 5.4.0.3 public beta release:

@mvs The irksome "Trial Has Expired" notice / graphic reminder etc has arrived today, despite the previous advisory note advising that the trial period was 28 days :roll: Why this is even present in a Public Beta release anyway, is still a mystery to us, but that fact that it doesn't work properly, relates to item b) below.

a) All the items mentioned above are welcome, particularly in our case, the e-mail notification editing, and the upgrade / rollback back processes. Well done XC. Looking forward to XC 5.4.0.* becoming stable and becoming a public release.

b) There are still, minor system glitches all of which, need to be fixed before a public release. We've already PM'd you @mvs relating to a few of them but there's others too.

c) The XC approach to CSP is very poor. We summarized that in #post21 on this thread. This will not prevent the forthcoming public release of XC 5.4.0.* but, it's a security oversight / avoidance, so it does need to be fixed. Properly and quickly please, not just put in the "too hard" tray and left to fester.

d) XC 5.4.0.* was supposed to provide an Nginx only version. It didn't. This too, has no effect on the forthcoming public release of the normal Apache based) XC 5.4.0.* but it's a big opportunity wasted. The Nginx 'solution' that's been provided in this beta release doesn't work properly, well not for us anyway. We'll add a separate post on this.

Finally, an item for debate; One big XC 5.4.0.* irritation is the incessant and every increasing up-selling attempts (text / icons / graphics / prompts with links etc) that now reside within XC5. If somebody at XC doesn't quickly deal with this, there's a real danger of XC5 becoming "Bloatware". Any links to services provided by 3rd parties and/or other XC5 chargeable services / news or blog items etc could ALL very easily be changed to very short, small text notes only c/w appropriate links but presented in a much more controlled and focused manner. XC keep trying to emulate Apple in many ways, well this is a very good example of how to do it (Apple) / how not to do it (XC).

In our opinion :wink: this beta release of XC 5.4.0.3 includes up-selling items that are too big / too intrusive / unnecessary and over sold. It's like a throwback to Windows Vista 8O but distilled down further, so that it's suitable for primary school kids. Your own opinion / experience / feedback may vary :D/

Triple A Racing 05-23-2019 02:02 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Nginx - Please read these previous posts in this thread first: Post#5 & Post#6 & Post#7

After trying the XC 5.4.0.3 Apache based release first, we changed the domain that the dev store is running on, to be pure Nginx 1.14.2 OS, with no Apache OS at all and then applied the Nginx coding (the with web directory version) that's provided by XC within the supplied "nginx.conf.sample" config file. Observations / issues:

a) Initially, this would not run at all. In our case, this section was the reason:
Code:

location ~ \.php$ {
    try_files      $uri = 404;
    fastcgi_pass  fastcgi_xcart;
    fastcgi_index  index.php;
    fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    include        fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 300s;
    fastcgi_connect_timeout 300s;
 }

specifically, the fastcgi_pass fastcgi_xcart; line.
We amended this to: fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php-fpm.sock; and then it did run and things improved.
For reference, we're using PHP 7.3.5 and running this via 'FPM application served by Nginx'.

The results so far are as follows:

a) We can display and login to the admin back ('admin.php' within the url) & it and works well.
b) Until... items which have 'service.php' within the url are called, in which case nothing happens at all and nothing works. Nothing.
c) This may / may not be related to the irksome "Trial Has Expired" mentioned in the previous post. Please advise XC? If it is, then.... :roll:

d) We can display the store's home page c/w all graphics / menus / link etc but...
e) No other pages can be displayed. A 404 Nginx error page is provided as a result of utilizing any menu or product links.
f) This time, this is definitely not related to any irksome "Trial Has Expired" coding.
g) This is the XC provided Nginx coding being mis-configued, either, by XC by default, or, as part of the applied setup on our sever.

Our previous comment in Post#19 "...we still think this is just a stick-on Nginx 'plaster' as opposed to being a pure, well designed Nginx only version of XC5 :wink:..." still applies.

mvs 05-30-2019 11:28 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Content-Security-Policy Question
No updates to post #20 so far (https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=410784&postcount=20). I'll keep you updated about next steps.

Quote:

Nginx Question
Unfortunately, we cannot create a configuration file for Nginx that would work on any server. We have only *examples* on the basis of which the administrator can configure own server.

Regarding post #23 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=410819&postcount=23)
I'm not sure we can understand the problem remotely. Many of our developers are working with Nginx and X-Cart 5.4.0.x. The default LAMP stack also works well.
But all above not a strong argument I want to help, could you please provide more details, configurations files etc.

Thank you for the feedback, it helps us build a better product.

Triple A Racing 05-30-2019 04:47 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
No updates to post #20 so far (https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=410784&postcount=20). I'll keep you updated about next steps

Thanks Max. It should have been a much higher priority than was originally given by XC, so hopefully your "catch up" exercise will resolve that.
Please don't overlook the "Feature Policy" too, which is another applied security measure, similar to the Content Security Policy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Unfortunately, we cannot create a configuration file for Nginx that would work on any server.

8O Yet many, many different product suppliers CAN and DO!

An easy example to illustrate this, is Plesk. The complete Plesk administrative side, is provided with a self-compiled Nginx package to run and operate this on lots of different server OS packages...:D/ Either XC should do Nginx properly (as has been suggested previously) or not at all. Providing a few guessed at, setup *examples* never has been and never will be sufficient.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
Regarding post #23 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=410819&postcount=23)
I'm not sure we can understand the problem remotely... ~~ ...could you please provide more details, configurations files etc

No problem. However before we do, can somebody answer the far more prevalent issue that we posted, i.e. the expired trial licence? That gets in the way of everything at present and needs to be excluded from the data we provide. Do we have to download and setup another public beta release, just to fix this? Or is there a far more simple XC solution to allow competent beta testing?

Triple A Racing 06-02-2019 02:56 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
.....However before we do, can somebody answer the far more prevalent issue that we posted, i.e. the expired trial licence? That gets in the way of everything at present and needs to be excluded from the data we provide. Do we have to download and setup another public beta release, just to fix this? Or is there a far more simple XC solution to allow competent beta testing?

Not sure we could have asked a more simple question... 8O The answer to solving the fault please XC?
The data is self explanatory & as stated previously, surely shouldn't have happened anyway on a longer time period, public beta test package?

mvs 06-02-2019 05:30 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
"the expired trial licence" question

Thank you for pointing out on this.
Here is a license key that is valid until 5.4.0.x Stable release:
XBBZ-CUXX-MCUZ-MVHW

Triple A Racing 06-03-2019 03:21 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
@mvs After further testing, just to confirm; The expired trial licence issue (which you fixed in your last post - thanks!) is NOT a contributory factor to the Nginx failures that we posted in Post #23 of this thread. So, the resultant question you posted was "....could you please provide more details, configurations files etc" Can you be more specific? You've read that post and can see our forum sig, but please tell us exactly what extras you need and we'll supply everything. Maybe you could raise an XC Helpdesk ticket or a bug ticket (if it involves considerable data / privacy issues etc) and then we could then easily reply to that / upload there. Thanks! :wink:

Triple A Racing 06-07-2019 05:29 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
@mvs After further testing, just to confirm; The expired trial licence issue (which you fixed in your last post - thanks!) is NOT a contributory factor to the Nginx failures that we posted in Post #23 of this thread. So, the resultant question you posted was "....could you please provide more details, configurations files etc" Can you be more specific? You've read that post and can see our forum sig, but please tell us exactly what extras you need and we'll supply everything. Maybe you could raise an XC Helpdesk ticket or a bug ticket (if it involves considerable data / privacy issues etc) and then we could then easily reply to that / upload there. Thanks! :wink:

So.... several days have elapsed, but still no reply.... 8O
This thread; X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out, is supposedly here, for XC to gather feedback from paying end users.
Should it have the suffix "...but we'll only reply if... we like the feedback given..." appended to its title?
This is why posts like THIS ONE make perfect sense

kevinrm 07-19-2019 08:09 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
My cart (5.3.6.2) is asking me to upgrade to 5.4. I'm getting this warning:

"Upgrade not allowed
X-Cart v5.4 requires MySQL version 5.7.7 or better. Please update the MySQL version installed on your server before you proceed."

However, I have the latest MySQL Maria 10.3 version. That's the latest available, right? This won't upgrade with Maria 10.3?

mgwashburn 07-22-2019 07:14 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
I am facing the same problem here, I use Amazon's EC2 Linux 2 servers and they use:


PHP: 7.2.19 MySQL server: 5.5.5-10.2.10-MariaDB (InnoDB engine support enabled) Web server: Apache/2.4.39 () Operating system: Linux

XML parser: found GDLib: found (bundled (2.1.0 compatible)) Translation driver: GetText Curl version: 7.61.1

it won't let me upgrade.


ALSO,



I did a fresh install of X-cart 5.4 last week on the same server for a test environment. Everything looked good, but after uninstalling some unneeded plug-ins the entire admin back-end stopped working...I only get a white screen. The front end still works, but something is seriously broken. I didn't even have time to do anything except for adding one test category.

mvs 07-24-2019 03:22 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
My cart (5.3.6.2) is asking me to upgrade to 5.4. I'm getting this warning:

"Upgrade not allowed
X-Cart v5.4 requires MySQL version 5.7.7 or better. Please update the MySQL version installed on your server before you proceed."

However, I have the latest MySQL Maria 10.3 version. That's the latest available, right? This won't upgrade with Maria 10.3?

In 5.3.6.3 we will have a fix which allows upgrading the store with MariaDB which provide a version.
5.3.6.3 will be released in merchant wave in September. Please contact our support team and they will be able to apply the hotfix to your store. Keep in mind that 5.4.0.x is still not available in merchant wave to upgrade from 5.3.6.x.

Thanks!

mvs 07-24-2019 03:29 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgwashburn
I am facing the same problem here, I use Amazon's EC2 Linux 2 servers and they use:
PHP: 7.2.19 MySQL server: 5.5.5-10.2.10-MariaDB (InnoDB engine support enabled) Web server: Apache/2.4.39 () Operating system: Linux
XML parser: found GDLib: found (bundled (2.1.0 compatible)) Translation driver: GetText Curl version: 7.61.1
it won't let me upgrade.

In 5.3.6.3 we will have a fix which allows upgrading the store with MariaDB which provide a version.
Please contact our support team and they will be able to apply the hotfix to your store. Keep in mind that 5.4.0.x is still not available in merchant wave to upgrade from 5.3.6.x.


Quote:

Originally Posted by mgwashburn
ALSO,
I did a fresh install of X-cart 5.4 last week on the same server for a test environment. Everything looked good, but after uninstalling some unneeded plug-ins the entire admin back-end stopped working...I only get a white screen. The front end still works, but something is seriously broken. I didn't even have time to do anything except for adding one test category.

Please send log files and a list of plug-ins you've deleted.
Thanks!

Dougrun 07-29-2019 07:37 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
tried the upgrade today, page just went blank. not sure how long to leave it, waited 10 minutes, then tried to go back, error.

Call to undefined method Includes\Utils\ModulesManager::getEnabledStructure Hash()

mvs 07-29-2019 10:06 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougrun
tried the upgrade today, page just went blank. not sure how long to leave it, waited 10 minutes, then tried to go back, error.

Call to undefined method Includes\Utils\ModulesManager::getEnabledStructure Hash()

Could you please specify from which version are you upgrading?
We released new 5.3.6.3 version in developers wave. We did the necessary fixes.
Here is the changelog: https://devs.x-cart.com/changelog/5.3.6.3_-_25_Jul_2019.html

Dougrun 07-29-2019 10:08 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
5.3.6.3 is what im on now. I left the 2 modules that it said needed to be disabled, installed, and tried it. I restored my backup and uninstalled those 2 modules and will try again tomorrow after it backs up again.

mvs 07-29-2019 10:09 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougrun
5.3.6.3 is what im on now. I left the 2 modules that it said needed to be disabled, installed, and tried it. I restored my backup and uninstalled those 2 modules and will try again tomorrow after it backs up again.


Thank you for the quick reply, please send me log files if you'll face the issue again.

kevinrm 07-29-2019 08:15 PM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Okay, it's still July yet I'm getting asked by my cart to upgrade from 5.3.6.3 to 5.4 even though I'm merchant wave. I thought 5.4 would not be ready until September? Why is this thing asking me to upgrade now and not September? Is it ready or not….?

Triple A Racing 07-30-2019 12:44 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
Okay, it's still July ~~ even though I'm merchant wave

Releases as per our forum signature. We have no upgrade prompts in our Merchant Wave Status Live Store (expected and correct) Today, in our Merchant Wave Status Dev Store, we have upgrade prompts for 5.3.6.2 > 5.3.6.3 plus the XC Custom Product Tabs Module from 5.3.4.3 > 5.3.4.4 (core not expected and incorrect we think) See these two previous posts:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
5.3.6.3 will be released in merchant wave in September

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs
We released new 5.3.6.3 version in developers wave

In our case, we can only assume, that the previously acknowledged as flawed (different thread) 5.3.6.2 release, is accountable for these premature upgrade prompts, so we're going to ignore them, until the Merchant Wave 5.3.6.3 and 5.4.0.4 releases are officially made by XC. Just another exciting day, over at the XC 5 QA & Consistency Labs Building... :D/

mvs 07-30-2019 05:06 AM

Re: X-Cart 5.4.0 Public Beta is out
 
We had some troubles with the distribution. Some of the merchants who have upgraded to 5.3.6.2 in Merchant wave were able to upgrade to 5.3.6.3 which in Developer wave. As soon 5.4.0.4 also in Developer wave even with Merchant wave in store's settings they saw the ability to upgrade to 5.4.0.x. We fixed it.

Here is changelog for the latest 5.3.6.3 in Developer wave: https://devs.x-cart.com/changelog/5.3.6.3_-_25_Jul_2019.html

Could you please confirm that you're not seeing the ability to upgrade to 5.4.0.4 while your store in Merchant wave?
For productions stores on XC 5.3.6.x I recommend to wait until September 2019.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.