X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More. (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=31583)

wjbrewer 06-01-2007 01:56 PM

Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

The Smart Search from alteredCart is a true ‘Hybrid’ search that utilizes multiple search technologies in one easy to use search engine specially designed to work with the X-Cart shopping cart system.

Many customers might be leaving your site because they are misspelling a word, using a plural word form, searching for the wrong word, or even entering the query in an order which causes 0 results. The Smart Search was designed to overcome all of these common problems, and help guide your customers to the products they are looking for.

The Smart Search makes it easy for you customers to quickly find what they need by utilizing these search technologies:

• Spell Checking
• ‘Did You Mean…?’ feature (similar to Google)
• Relevant Result Order
• Boolean Searches
• Automatic Similar Search Suggestions
• Easy to use Advanced Search
• Index Based Searching
• Stop Words
• Automatic Extended Results using Query Expansion
• Custom Stemming algorithm to aid in both singular and plural forms of words
• Optimized for English, and works with all western character languages
• Multiple Search technologies combined for a ‘Hybrid’ search and flexible query requirements

NightFire 06-02-2007 01:05 AM

Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Wow, this looks great. Got a few questions:
- Does this addon / mod also support multi-language stores?
- Which versions are supported? 4.0.X / 4.1.X ?
- Does it use language variables?
- What will the price be?

Thanks.

wjbrewer 06-02-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightFire
Wow, this looks great. Got a few questions:
- Does this addon / mod also support multi-language stores?
- Which versions are supported? 4.0.X / 4.1.X ?
- Does it use language variables?

Thanks.

The Smart Search:
- Supports multiple language stores
- Is compatible with versions 4.0.x and 4.1.x
- Uses all Smarty language variables on the customer side (it can easily be translated to any language).

groovico 06-03-2007 03:14 PM

_Looks smart, how much modding is required on this one? I noticed the page uses _search.php instead of search.php suggesting it's pretty much self contained?

wjbrewer 06-04-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovico
_Looks smart, how much modding is required on this one? I noticed the page uses _search.php instead of search.php suggesting it's pretty much self contained?

Yes it is fully self contained and doesn't require any PHP changes. There are only three required template edits to display the search page, search input field, and admin menu.

There are other optional steps to automate the indexing, and customize the display.

janus 06-05-2007 12:09 AM

Looks good.

Does it search Additional Fields?? In particular will it find Dickins Christmas Carol from the search phrase "Christmas Dickins" where "Dickins" ONLY appears in the Author field?

... or if you know a search routine that can do this, I'd really appreciate it.

wjbrewer 06-05-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janus
Looks good.

Does it search Additional Fields?? In particular will it find Dickins Christmas Carol from the search phrase "Christmas Dickins" where "Dickins" ONLY appears in the Author field?

... or if you know a search routine that can do this, I'd really appreciate it.

By default the Smart Searches the titles, descriptions, and keywords. However, it could be customized to search any fields.

Even without a modification the Smart Search would return 'Dickins Christmas Carol' if you searched for 'Christmas Dickins'. It would also display a ▒Did You Mean Christmas Dickens?▓ (as long as the word Dickens is found on your site).

The search returns the most relevant results at the top. If the word 'Christmas' is in the title it is likely the product would be very near the top, depending on how many other products have the word Christmas and Dickins in the title.

Warwick 06-08-2007 09:34 AM

Smart Move From AlteredCart :: Did You Mean ... a great addon? Oh Yeah!

=D> Congratulations with this new and fantastic addon Bill, I love it! :D/

The speed is incredible compared to the default X-Cart search and customers will find something all the time.
Just playing with Smart Search is a joy by itself, it's really amazing.

Without a doubt the best addon I've found until now (and I have found and installed a lot ...) 8-O

>> You can't go wrong with this one; imo a must have! I'm sure it will be a great success.

balinor 06-08-2007 09:56 AM

It is about damn time someone wrote a decent search for X-Cart! Nice job Bill. Looks to be well worth the price IMHO.

anandat 06-12-2007 09:38 AM

Has any one use this on site which have more than 5000 products ?

how was the results ? accuracy & time taken for indexing ? Also it's putting high load on server while indexing & searching ?

The answers of above questions will sure help me to buy this product.