X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Invoices in the admin area print to large (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=72343)

autoscents 06-25-2015 06:11 AM

Invoices in the admin area print to large

Can some one help? I need to make the invoices print smaller from the admin area. I have tried the custom css but nothing changes. The invoice right now gets cut off on the right side while printing and even invoices with only one product on them print on two pages. i cant change the font size or spacing when i try custom css. please help save the trees.! Oh i have the latest x-cart 5

CodingGiant 06-25-2015 10:34 AM

Re: Invoices in the admin area print to large

Its a surprising amount of work required to edit the admin invoice.

The first thing you need to do is build a custom module that adds CSS to the admin. Custom CSS only affects the customer side of the shop.

autoscents 06-25-2015 11:16 AM

thanks for the info but i have absolutely no idea how to do that? Has anybody posted any directions on making that happen? thanks for the help!

ITVV 06-25-2015 08:40 PM

Hi,

Use FireFox browser to print out order invoices.

With FireFox you have more control over printing - You can "Shrink" the page to fit etc.

Hope that helps?

ITVV

knifemaker 08-08-2015 09:14 AM

I just installed Firefox specifically for this purpose. The print window is not offering any options to shrink the page (or remove header footers)

Just wanted to agree with the OP that the print is much too large. A huge waste of paper.

ITVV 08-08-2015 10:08 AM

Hi knifemaker,

Firefox > File > Page Setup - All the required settings are there.

The OP was asking about X-Cart 4.6.3 but I am *sure* this will help you in X-Cart 5?

Kind regards

ITVV

razortw 08-10-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autoscents
Can some one help? I need to make the invoices print smaller from the admin area. I have tried the custom css but nothing changes. The invoice right now gets cut off on the right side while printing and even invoices with only one product on them print on two pages. i cant change the font size or spacing when i try custom css. please help save the trees.! Oh i have the latest x-cart 5

First of all, Custom CSS only affects the customer interface of X-Cart.
The CSS file responsible for the invoice on the admin side of the store is /skins/admin/en/order/invoice/style.css.
Please feel free to tweak is the way you want.
Or you can create another stylesheet that would override the default stylings and include it into the main style file.

GlasPak 03-10-2016 07:01 AM

Where does the Media Print CSS come from in the invoice section? Trying to make the address text larger on printing invoices but changing the invoice css doesn't effect the print.

qualiteam 03-13-2016 11:13 PM

I believe it is in the same skins/admin/en/order/invoice/style.css - check the "@media" section at the bottom of the file.

GlasPak 03-15-2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualiteam
I believe it is in the same skins/admin/en/order/invoice/style.css - check the "@media" section at the bottom of the file.

The only thing that @media has is

Code:

@media only print {

.invoice-box .header img.logo

{

max-width: 300px !important;

}

}

So why does that overwrite any font size settings?