X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   General questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Show Online Product Count (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=77280)

Blainevk 10-23-2019 07:41 PM

Show Online Product Count

Hello,

I just upgraded from X-cart 4 to X-cart 5 Multi-vendor.

In X-cart 4 I displayed the Product Count in the store header using:

Choose From {insert name="productsonline"} Quality Gifts!

... this does not work in X-cart 5, what would be the correct code for X-cart 5?

cflsystems 10-24-2019 04:30 AM

Re: Show Online Product Count

There is no such thing as "insert name="productsonline"" in any XC version. It is something custom coded for you. So you need to get it custom coded for XC5 as well.

Blainevk 10-24-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
There is no such thing as "insert name="productsonline"" in any XC version. It is something custom coded for you. So you need to get it custom coded for XC5 as well.

I never paid for special codeing, nor was i told that it was special codeing, I simply asked how to display Products Online and Someone from X-cart gave me the code.

I'm trying to find the old thread in the Forums, so I can ask the same person, but can not find it.

If it is special codeing, can anyone develop it and tell me what it would be?

cflsystems 10-25-2019 04:55 AM

Hm this seem to be coded in XC4 yes, so not custom coded. I even found a post from like 10 years ago I commented on - https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=51685

Anyway I don't think there is such thing in XC5. It is not hard to code but it needs to be coded as custom module.

Blainevk 10-27-2019 07:32 AM

So, I'm not loosing my mind, "productsonline" DID EXIST in XC4... PHEW!

OK, current day, in XC5 Multi-Vendor, at the bottom of the PRODUCTS page: /admin.php?target=product_list ...before the quantity per page, it displays "318 items" how would I find this code that is displaying how many items "318" are currently in the store?

cflsystems 10-27-2019 09:28 AM

Login to admin, open customer front in the same browser different tab, at the lower left corner there is a gear icon - click on it and select template editor - there you can find the template showing the element you need and what the code is.
However this may be code that shows only on specific pages

Blainevk 07-18-2020 04:00 AM

Hi Steve,

Getting back to this, where I found "318 Items" is at the bottom of the Product List Page found in THE ADMIN AREA... how can I open the template on a page in the ADMIN?

Blaine.

cflsystems 07-18-2020 06:04 AM

You need to install the Webmaster Mode module - https://market.x-cart.com/addons/webmaster-kit.html

Blainevk 07-18-2020 10:59 AM

Hi Steve,

Maybe you missed what I said in my earlier reply, the code that I am looking for is on an ADMIN PAGE, how do I access Template Editor on an ADMIN PAGE?

Blaine.

cflsystems 07-18-2020 11:05 AM

No I did not miss it. This module is the only way to find out the templates/classes used in admin if you don't know your way around.
Now if you expect it to work as the built-in template editor for the storefront - no it doesn't. Look at the module images and docs to see how you can use it.

Blainevk 07-19-2020 10:18 AM

Hi Steve,

I hate to keep annoying you but this isn't making any sense.

With Webmaster Kit Activated, I open the Storefront within the same tab as Admin, the only "Gear" I see is on the Admin Page (system tools), and when I click in it, I don't see "Template Editor" when I look at the Storefront I DON'T see a "Gear" but all along the bottom of the page I see: Template Editor, along with Layout Editor, Labels Editor, Description Editor, and Custom CSS... But the odd thing is THIS IS ALWAYS SHOWING at the bottom of the page WITH or WITHOUT Webmaster Kit Activated... and the sad thing is, what I'm trying to find the code for is on one of the ADMIN pages.

Thoughts, Ideas?
Blaine.

cflsystems 07-19-2020 03:24 PM

The Webmaster Kit module works only in admin area. For the storefront you don't need it.
This was changed long time ago - at some point with XC 5.3.x. Before that the module was called Webmaster Mode and was needed for both admin and storefront. Now you don't need anything extra for the storefront as it is built-in. For admin you need the Websmaster Kit module.

Keep in mind what's built-in for storefront and the Webmaster Kit module are not the same. And they don't work in the same way.

So if you want to see and edit templates, language variables (labels), and whatever else is showing there for storefront you don't need any module. All you need to do is to login to admin and open new tab within the same browser for the storefront.

For admin you do need to use the Webmaster Kit module to find the template to edit and whatever else is showing you.

Another thing to keep in mind - making changes to templates for storefront directly with the template editor will save these using the Theme Tweaker module (so you need this module present and active) and you can continue editing these from admin (modified templates page) but I am not sure if the same is true for editing templates for admin.

In other words before there was only one unified module/way of doing all this. Now you have 2 separate ones based on the area you are modifying and with 5.4.x you actually have 3rd area which is absolutely uneditable - the service area. So it gets messy ...