X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

Scott DeToffol 11-08-2006 06:53 AM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Mine are starting to show up too.

:-)

jasonroy 11-08-2006 07:06 AM

actually i just noticed sadly, that they're showing up in the supplemental index.

intel352 11-09-2006 03:38 AM

Regarding the supplemental index, Sound Choice Store has a large number of pages showing up as supplemental, yet our hits from users searching in Google has increased from ~300-500/wk to ~700-800/wk consistently, and this past week it has doubled to ~1500/wk

we're getting hits on a large number of varied user searches, with the most popular query only getting 63 hits, so we're actually hitting a wider selection of keywords, which is great.

the best things that can help you tho, are to have other sites linking to you, and especially having other sites linking *deep* into your site (whether into a deep category or specifically to a product).

Also, within your own website, link deep into your shop. Whether by having random "best sellers" or "featured" or whatever.

jasonroy 11-10-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
Regarding the supplemental index, Sound Choice Store has a large number of pages showing up as supplemental, yet our hits from users searching in Google has increased from ~300-500/wk to ~700-800/wk consistently, and this past week it has doubled to ~1500/wk

we're getting hits on a large number of varied user searches, with the most popular query only getting 63 hits, so we're actually hitting a wider selection of keywords, which is great.

the best things that can help you tho, are to have other sites linking to you, and especially having other sites linking *deep* into your site (whether into a deep category or specifically to a product).

Also, within your own website, link deep into your shop. Whether by having random "best sellers" or "featured" or whatever.

I looked closer and noticed that so far the only pages that have indexed are categories and manufacturers pages, so its not surprising that they ended up supplemental. Its also been talked that the supplemental index has become very large and is outgrowing the main google index.

I will say that every month I've had substantial increases in traffic. October the site had maybe 250 unique visitors and 350 visits, mostly from the existence of old RJR Products customers. November hit just over 920 unique visitors and almost 1200 visits, and November is looking like it might hit around 1500/2000. Besides submitting a urllist to yahoo, and this work with google webmaster tools, and froogle, is 1 banner ad on a small but growing off-road forum with some threads in the forum as well.

Now if I can only get some more appealing products in the store. Always waiting on someone...

intel352 11-10-2006 12:03 PM

Are you using Google Analytics or something similar to determine the actual source of your traffic? I've found that is a great help. Additionally, it can be used to determine what search terms people are using to find you.

jasonroy 11-10-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
Are you using Google Analytics or something similar to determine the actual source of your traffic? I've found that is a great help. Additionally, it can be used to determine what search terms people are using to find you.

I've been using AW Stats, it runs on the webserver, and most of my traffic isn't really coming from search engines just yet really. alot is just coming from the banner advertising and links from other websites listing vendors that were intact before I started the X-Cart store.

I did $1000 and some change in my first month, and I'm hoping to do $1500 this month, hoping. I've got to get to roughly $2500 a month to cover the cost of my own salary, so we've got a ways to go.

pcparts 11-10-2006 03:25 PM

Were getting 4880 links not getting indexed by google might be the .htaccess file
should we have this at the start of it
(DirectoryIndex index.html index.php home.php)
when i put just DirectoryIndex home.php we get errors in iexplorer
And our xml sitemap genorator stopped working wont crawl the site all the pages show as broken links.
Any ideas what would be best for DirectoryIndex?
Thanks Greg

intel352 11-12-2006 04:51 AM

probably do:
DirectoryIndex home.php index.php index.html

Brow 11-13-2006 08:03 AM

AWESOME! I have been looking for something like this.

Installation was a breeze and everything looks good to go!

Thanks!

See it in action:

http://www.valuecushions.com

x-online 11-13-2006 03:22 PM

Can someone who's using 4.1.x post their Froggle section please?
I can't get mine to run properly.