X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Goodbye, and thanks (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=53204)

kulture 04-09-2010 04:38 AM

Goodbye, and thanks

I have now migrated my litecommerce sites to a new cart. As such I will no be visiting here as much. Although I may lurk occasionally.

I have enjoyed this community and in some ways am sorry to go, but the lack of any information on xcart 5 and the lack of real support on Litecommerce has pushed me elsewhere.

Feel free to have a look at my new site

www.valueactionfigures.co.uk and www.doctorwhoonline.co.uk

all from the one backend.

As I no longer use Litecommerce, I suggest that I should no longer be a moderator.

Richard

Swish 04-09-2010 06:37 AM

Re: Goodbye, and thanks

Cheerio Richard, you were a real asset to this community. QT are mad to let you go.
The new sites look great by the way!
Best of luck.

Petepots 04-09-2010 12:26 PM

Good luck Richard

We all here are always greatful to all you guys that have helped us.

Take care
Peter

gizmo 04-09-2010 12:29 PM

All the best:
Wish you luck with your move and I know the choice of your new cart is a good one.....

balinor 04-09-2010 01:20 PM

Take care Richard, it is unfortunate the way Qualiteam has handled the LiteCommerce situation, and I don't blame you for jumping ship. Best of luck to you!

Paul Rozman 04-09-2010 06:11 PM

Hi Richard,
I'm sorry to see you go after all the valuable contribution you've made to LC forum.
Your new shop looks great and much more professional compared to your previous ones.
I am curious though how did you resolve the PCI certification? I am well acquainted with your new shop's software but I don't think it is secure enough to pass even the most basic security check.
Good luck to you and prosperous web marketing.

kulture 04-10-2010 01:19 PM

I use sage pay as a payment gateway, and I use the sage pay server extension. Thus the credit card form is an iframe in the one page checkout and is hosted on the sage server. Thus in theory I do not need a PCI scan. In practice I do one anyway. I do not know if there is a module for x-cart or litecommerce that uses the sage pay server interface, but it would not be too hard to develop, would look as good as the sage pay direct interface, and have none of the PCI compliance problems that even sage are now saying thattheir direct interface has. Sage now say that their server interface is the most secure.

kulture 04-10-2010 01:21 PM

Thanks for your comments.

ambal 04-13-2010 04:55 AM

Richard, thank you for all you did for LiteCommerce

just wondering 05-19-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kulture
I do not know if there is a module for x-cart or litecommerce that uses the sage pay server interface, but it would not be too hard to develop, would look as good as the sage pay direct interface, and have none of the PCI compliance problems that even sage are now saying thattheir direct interface has. Sage now say that their server interface is the most secure.

Sage Pay Server & InFrame (as they call it) will be supported by X-Cart 4.4.