X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.4 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=27213)

svowl 12-08-2006 05:05 AM

X-Cart 4.1.4 released

1 Attachment(s)
X-Cart 4.1.4 is now available for downloading from your File area along with the upgrade kits that will take you from X-Cart 4.1.0-4.1.3 to 4.1.4.

To access the upgrade patch, log into the Help Desk, go to the 'My Licenses' section, find the license of the X-Cart that you wish to upgrade and click on the 'Get upgrade pack' link.

Changelog between 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 final release attached.

See also: http://www.x-cart.com/news/x-cart-v4.1.4-released.html

carpeperdiem 12-08-2006 06:06 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.1.4 released

Thank you, Vladimir!

Is it just me, or is the "get upgrade pack" for 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 not yet available?

Thanks,

Jeremy

svowl 12-08-2006 06:08 AM

Try again, please

timbrrr 12-08-2006 06:08 AM

Mine isnt there either.... guess we'll just have to wait :)

carpeperdiem 12-08-2006 06:24 AM

Unfortunately, it's not there yet. I'll try again later...

jasonroy 12-08-2006 07:58 AM

sweet! yet alas no upgrade kit in my file area.

starwest 12-08-2006 08:56 AM

It's there for me. I just selected the 'upgrade kits' linked text in the 'My Licenses' description and it was up.

I have yet to install one of these upgrade packs, so I have a few questions. Does the pack contain upgrades for all X-Cart add-ons that we have licensed as long as we keep those boxes checked? Not sure what else they would be there for, but I just wanted to make sure.

nevets1219 12-08-2006 09:25 AM

:) Will have to spend some time on this one but I see some very good new features to play with!

EDIT: I see I don't have the upgrade kit just yet. Hope to get it soon!

carpeperdiem 12-08-2006 10:12 AM

it's there for me now. thanks.

kustomrides 12-08-2006 10:29 AM

Will there be an improved upgrade kit from 4.0.18 to 4.1.4 ?

starwest 12-08-2006 10:57 AM

I get the following error when trying to run the patch, even though I have the X-Survey add-on chosen on the upgrade pack screen:

Error Your shop has installed following module(s): Survey, but necessary patches are not included in this upgrade pack

I'm new to this - any help would be appreciated.

fordy3 12-08-2006 11:51 AM

On a fresh test install I get the following error....

Moving images to the file system
Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/pear/spambot_arrest_func.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/httpdocs:/tmp) in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/httpdocs/modules/Image_Verification/init.php on line 65 .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

gastu 12-08-2006 01:02 PM

too many countries work without decimal, x-cart dont have option for disable.

fourth version in which I say the same :(

Light Speed 12-08-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gastu
too many countries work without decimal, x-cart dont have option for disable.

fourth version in which I say the same :(

Decimal for what?

gastu 12-08-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light Speed
Decimal for what?

for price.

PhilJ 12-08-2006 01:27 PM

If you only want to use whole numbers for price, just change the format of the 'price' field, in the database table 'xcart_pricing' from 12,2 to 12

Or use this SQL patch...

Code:

ALTER TABLE `xcart_pricing` CHANGE `price` `price` DECIMAL( 12 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.00'

kustomrides 12-08-2006 06:24 PM

I have a fresh install test of 4.1.3 ... upgrade works well except fails at:

SQL PATCH ``patch.sql'' FAILED AT QUERY:
INSERT INTO xcart_ccprocessors VALUES ('iDEAL Rabobank Professional','C','cc_ideal_rb_prof.php','cc_ideal _rb_prof.tpl','','','','','','','','','','Y','N',' Y','','','',0,'')
The database version has not been updated!

micromedia 12-08-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kustomrides
I have a fresh install test of 4.1.3 ... upgrade works well except fails at:

SQL PATCH ``patch.sql'' FAILED AT QUERY:
INSERT INTO xcart_ccprocessors VALUES ('iDEAL Rabobank Professional','C','cc_ideal_rb_prof.php','cc_ideal _rb_prof.tpl','','','','','','','','','','Y','N',' Y','','','',0,'')
The database version has not been updated!

I have same problem.

And what i have to do for google check out. will i contact to x-cart team for this?

kustomrides 12-08-2006 07:15 PM

The error code I get is:

Error code : 1062
Description : Duplicate entry 'ARB_shipping_key_intl' for key 1

babymart 12-08-2006 08:08 PM

I download the file already, and also read the upgrade instruction but it is too difficult for me. I do not know after I uncompressed already and there are a lot of files and where all those files go? Is there any easy way to upgrad or is there any detail instruction for upgrad from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4?

I wish somebody in this forum can give me an idea or help.

kustomrides 12-08-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymart
I download the file already, and also read the upgrade instruction but it is too difficult for me. I do not know after I uncompressed already and there are a lot of files and where all those files go? Is there any easy way to upgrad or is there any detail instruction for upgrad from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4?

I wish somebody in this forum can give me an idea or help.

You want to follow all the instructions included in the upgrade notes, including a backup of BOTH your database and your files.

THEN upload the contents of your upgrade into your xcart directory, and continue following the instructions.

But if you have not done this before, you may want to ask xcart tech to do it for you.

josebueso 12-08-2006 08:37 PM

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'uncibue0_uncion.xcart_shipping_cache' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE:DELETE FROM xcart_shipping_cache WHERE expiration_date<'1165642450'
SQL QUERY FAILURE:UPDATE xcart_shipping_cache SET expiration_date='1165646050' WHERE session_id='effedf1b0953e40fb5cd8fddcc643638'

Some of the did not patch in the upgrade now I get this errer in the store side.

Can any one help please.

JB

lachild 12-08-2006 10:59 PM

Thanks for the patch... The change log just confirmed that I wasn't loosing my mind.. Some of the bugs listed were so random I thought I was seeing things. For instance with the cybersource totals, we only noticed the problem on one out of every 3000 transcations. Thanks for finding em.... and I hope the bugs listed are finally squashed for good.

kabam 12-09-2006 08:07 AM

This will be my first upgrade with X-Cart. While I read a thread that recommended using 4.0 becuase of frequent updates, I had to use 4.1 for server and feature issues. So I now have two carts with heavily customized skins. Does this upgrade mean I'm in trouble 8O? I've seen alot of changes to skin1 in the upgrade pack (which is good), but will they work with customized skins are am I going to end up with a mess?

Thanks!
M.

denlem 12-09-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josebueso
SQL QUERY FAILURE:DELETE FROM xcart_shipping_cache WHERE expiration_date<'1165642450'
SQL QUERY FAILURE:UPDATE xcart_shipping_cache SET expiration_date='1165646050' WHERE session_id='effedf1b0953e40fb5cd8fddcc643638'

Looks like some of the same errors I am seeing. I also had at least a dozen un-modified 4.1.3 files that could not be patched. I even tried upgrading a clean install of 4.1.3 and still many files could not be patched.

Uggh.

carpeperdiem 12-09-2006 09:56 PM

I just spent the past 3 hours bringing my 4.1.3 store to 4.1.4 --

It's not perfect yet -- and I'm a bit frustrated at how the upgrade process worked...

MANY (20+) files were listed as "could not patch" when in reality, they were virgin 4.1.3 files. I even went back to the 4.1.3 distributive, then ran the installer again, and it failed on the same files. I used my text editor to help me figure out what files were modified... on unmodified files, it missed at least 20 times.

I will be opening a ticket with xcart since the 2 new features that I am interested in are not showing up in the admin (google checkout and image verification).

Initial reactions: they fixed a lot of code. Many of the fixes that I have been accumulating over the past months are all in place. This is GOOD.

Customer login is taking LOTS of time... TOO LONG!!! What did you guys do to login? It's practically unuseable. This is login at checkout OR check orders.

I'm tired... I will keep going on this tomorrow.

Has anyone else upgraded from 4.1.3 yet?

carpeperdiem 12-09-2006 10:05 PM

More problems:

Can't login in Safari, but can in Firefox.

Login at checkout is taking YEARS -- also modifying a ship-to or bill-to address... unacceptably long.

I will ask xcart to figure this out, and if they don't, it's back to 4.1.3 for a LONG time -- there are fundamental things that must work -- and if they broke checkout, the rest is useless.

timbrrr 12-09-2006 10:05 PM

Did you happen to look under "Modules" when looking for google checkout and the image verification feature? I'm still picking thru the upgrade process.... I'm even considering doing a virgin install and setting it up that way to make sure its right - assuming that the full installation has no flaws in it...
anyway... thought maybe I'd point you in the direction of the modules for those features you're looking for... I too looked under payment types for the google checkout and suddenly remembered that its a "module"
Hope that helps you.

carpeperdiem 12-09-2006 10:15 PM

It's not in modules... that's too obvious. It's in -- are you ready? - general options. HOWEVER, the label for the 2 new functions do not appear in the general settings... only arrows -- the functions are blank. Databse errors, probably...

F-ing x-cart logical.

That was a lovely waste of 4.5 hours...

I'm back on 4.1.3 and things are just fine.

I'll let them fix this before I get dirty again.

It's not ready for prime time just yet. If a virgin 4.1.3 can't instantly upgrade to 4.1.4, how can we expect a well modified store to do it?

carpeperdiem 12-09-2006 10:37 PM

Ok, strike it up to a bad upgrade -- I examined the demo store -- and yes, it shold have been in modules.

I'll let someone else be the first on the block to do this -- the upgrade process is not ready for a geek, let alone regular users.

BizzyB 12-09-2006 10:54 PM

This is my first try at upgrading from one version to another so I am going about it in a most careful manner. First, I read every post on this thread. Then read everything I could find on upgrading from one version to another - there is very little appropriate info available that I could find.

Anyway - I decided to take the plunge. I commenced each step of the procedure. When I unzipped the update files to my computer I noted a file called 'UPGRADE.NOTES_4.1.3-4.1.4'. I opened this file via Notepad, the notes started off with the following:

"X-CART UPGRADE NOTES
====================
Please read UPGRADE.readme manual first to get basic information about upgrading X-Cart.
"

I cannot find UPGRADE.readme either on my computer or on X-Cart's site so I am loathe to proceed with the upgrade.

Can anyone throw any light on the whereabouts of this file?

TIA

pcparts 12-10-2006 01:07 AM

Re: I cannot find UPGRADE.readme

Re I cannot find UPGRADE.read me> Its in the main categories of the site were home.php is unless you have deleted it from there.

BizzyB 12-10-2006 02:52 AM

Re: I cannot find UPGRADE.readme

Many thanks pcparts - I didn't think of looking there!

Cheers

kustomrides 12-10-2006 05:17 AM

I will do a fresh install of 4.1.4 and see how it performs. My 4.1.3 is merely a test, with pretty much the only changes being in skin & css style (I could not implement the 4.0.18-4.1.3 upgrade). So no big to just install 4.1.4 instead of figuring out the single SQL error I got on the 4.1.3 upgrade.

I really want the extra features of 4.1.4 so I will check it out.

kangus 12-10-2006 09:26 AM

Installed clean install then problems:

1. the standard login for admin is master/master to which an error message appears:

WARNING! Your password must be different from your username! Please go to your profile details section and change your password to aboid unauthorized access to your store!

When you click on the Warring OK button you are returned to the login screen! There is no way to access the profile screen!

2. After install an email is sent with the site security KEYS, WHY? Why are they sending open email with security keys? Why have security if your just going to post the keys to the internet?

3. creating a user works but the login system doesn't.

PHP 4.3.9
mySQL 4.1.20

carpeperdiem 12-10-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangus
2. After install an email is sent with the site security KEYS, WHY? Why are they sending open email with security keys? Why have security if your just going to post the keys to the internet?

That's xcart copy protection, nothing worth worrying about.
Quote:

3. creating a user works but the login system doesn't.
What browser/OS are you using? I had problems with 4.1.4 login using Safari (would not work at all) however Firefox worked (unacceptably slow, but it eventually worked)

It appears that login with 4.1.4 is much more complicated than .3 and it's spinning its wheels (literally)

kangus 12-10-2006 11:34 AM

FireFox 1.5.0.8 fails login
Opera 9.05 works
IE 6.0.29x works
IE 7.x works

chardt 12-10-2006 07:49 PM

I searched for this but couldn't find anything. Can I upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.4.

Jumping 4.1.3 altogether?

Please let me know,

Chris

BizzyB 12-10-2006 08:06 PM

I could see upgrade pack "4.1.2 to 4.1.4" available via the Helpdesk file area when I downloaded.

Newpowerr 12-11-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangus
FireFox 1.5.0.8 fails login
Opera 9.05 works
IE 6.0.29x works
IE 7.x works

Here the same problem,
in FF 1.5.X / 2.0 I can not login on admin and on frontend, with IE 6/7 it works (but slow)