X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   X-Payments issues & questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Beanstream and 3-D secure (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67435)

espresso 07-25-2013 12:45 PM

Beanstream and 3-D secure

Is anyone using Beanstream with X-Payments ?
I read that this is only possible via Cardinal Commerce.

So, we need x-payments, then we need a gateway and finally a 3-D provider ????

Any Canadians around using xcart 4.5.x processing credit cards without x-payments ? What gateway/merchant account do you use ?

A shame that xcart dropped Beanstream from the standard cart.

EDIT: should clarify: Without the customer being forwarded to another pay site.

ambal 07-26-2013 05:31 AM

Re: Beanstream and 3-D secure

Rene,

> A shame that xcart dropped Beanstream from the standard cart.

I would direct this to VISA, the PCI Council and the payment industry who push PCI compliance requirements to vendors and merchants shoulders.

We didn't drop BeanStream, we had to move it to PA-DSS certified X-Payments due to PCI compliance requirements.

To answer your question - you do not have to use CardinalCommerce in order to process payments via BeanStream. It can work without CardinalCommerce, too. Cardinal Commerce is needed if you want to enable 3D Secure protection.

espresso 07-26-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal

To answer your question - you do not have to use CardinalCommerce in order to process payments via BeanStream. It can work without CardinalCommerce, too. Cardinal Commerce is needed if you want to enable 3D Secure protection.

Thanks ambal.
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear, this thread is about Beanstream AND 3-D secure.

Beanstream can be set up to work with 3-D secure. So they have VBV verified by Visa and MasterCard built in. But they are not familiar with XP. Unfortunately, I believe I can't set up XP on a DEV site to test this functionality.

In todays fraudulent world, 3-D is a must have. We need the maximum protection against fraud.

ambal 07-26-2013 10:23 AM

> Unfortunately, I believe I can't set up XP on a DEV site to test this functionality.

You can play with 14 days free trial demo of X-Payments Basic - http://www.x-cart.com/x-payments-trial-demo.html
It will be fully functional X-Payments for 14 days.

espresso 11-03-2014 11:34 PM

Calling on Canadians again:
Has anyone been able to use VbV (Verified by Visa) together with Beanstream yet?
Beanstream directed me back to xcart, indicating "xcart needs to pass off the transaction to VbV sign-in page"

ambal 11-04-2014 12:02 AM

> Beanstream directed me back to xcart, indicating "xcart needs to pass off the
> transaction to VbV sign-in page"

If this is about native VbV supports via Beanstream - I do not think we support it in X-Payments.

espresso 11-04-2014 12:03 PM

Thanks Ambal,
In x-payments you can release 3-D Secure "use external module" but there is only "Cardinal" available.
Hope xcart will work with more gateways and payment processors in the future. This would add an extra layer of protection for the merchant, reducing the risk of chargebacks.
I'm using xcart 4.5.3 and xpayments 1.04

ambal 11-04-2014 11:45 PM

> and xpayments 1.04

You should upgrade to 1.0.6 at least.

Yes, you can use CardinalCommerce for 3D Secure protection. And yes, we are adding new gateways and processor all the time. I believe you meant "add native VbV supports for Beanstream". I will be happy to add it into X-Payments 2.x roadmap but I need to see much bigger support for this idea in order to set right priorities. Please submit this idea into X-Payments part of ideas.x-cart.com. Other X-Payments users will be able to vote for it there.